Notices

Checking In, Crossing Things off the List

Old 07-09-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In, Crossing Things off the List

Bad day yesterday - hot, tired. Ended up at the grocery store after an hour commute and the wine bottles sang their little song, but I didnt bite.
Got home and took a nice bubble bath with eucalyptus and spearmint instead - felt better, de-stressed.
Today I took my beagle to get all her shots and scheduled for a dental cleaning and a spay in three weeks. This past week I took my son to his next to last (thank God) ortho appointment.
I admit it feels good to follow through on things, cross those things off the list. Instead of wallowing in a bottle and waking up anxious and sick, I woke refreshed and ready to deal.
I know these don't sound like big things - it is just "Being an Adult" 101 but I was lousy at follow up in my personal life as a drinker.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by madgirl View Post
I know these don't sound like big things - it is just "Being an Adult" 101 but I was lousy at follow up in my personal life as a drinker.
Yep, me too Being sober has opened my eyes to the fact that life is mostly full of the "little" things. And everyday life IS the miracle. Part of what kept me drunk, I think, was wanting life to be full of big, spectacular things...you know, like those people in the movies.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Absolutely, Madgirl. It felt so good to be able to accomplish routine tasks which became so difficult to manage when I was drinking.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here here! I'm with you on this, getting the "little" stuff done properly is a still a real buzz now I'm sober. All part of the rewards.
xx
Old 07-09-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by madgirl View Post
I totally relate to this ^^^^^

You are doing fantastic, great check in
Old 07-09-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I love the fact that I'm now responsible and get things done. Paying bills on time. Walking the dogs and taking them to the vet. I didn't do these things when I was drinking so it feels really good to be taking care of my responsibilities now.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes it does feel good! I curled up with my dog on the couch and took a two hour nap - ha.
Looking forward to a nice night reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. One day at a time!
Old 07-09-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think they are "big things" in the grand scheme of things now. If we are able to do the things we've neglected for so long because of the bottle, it means we are healing. And that's a pretty "Big Thing!"