Notices

Stay Sober Weekender June 17th - Part 2

Old 06-22-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I am not a big football fan, but....GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!

Republic of Ireland 1 - 0 Italy
Old 06-22-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ireland done it !!

Goodnight everyone
Old 06-22-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations to you from Ireland! Beating Italy is a stunning achievement as they are football royalty.

Tetra - I am for remain, the Brexit people are deeply unpleasant - I fear that there may be more of them than people like me though.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Old 06-22-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I had a very lazy day today.

Polished off an entire box of 15 piece Toffifay for breakfast and lunch. And I made my grandma's spaghetti for dinner. I have never made it although all of us kids got the recipe from her and my sisters make it often. It is not gourmet, it uses jarred sauce, but it tastes like childhood and I'm a huge fan of nostalgic eating. Gastronomic memories!

My tummy is back to normal so I don't have to be afraid of eating, and that's such a blessing. Bathroom stuff is still ridiculous but I'm used to it.

I'm going to stay in tonight bc there are supposed to be some pretty incredible storms. It better not be hype bc I did want to go to a couple aa meetings, but I don't feel like struggling for a parking spot in the rain late tonight.

I've got a lot of books and things to occupy me with.

That's about it, just checking in.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi, all --

Good counsel to your friend, Mesa.

Will be thinking of Brits here tomorrow as the Brexit vote approaches. My British friends -- including those who are practically your neighbors, Sao -- have posted some thoughtful pro-Remain messages on their FB pages. Really hope those sentiments prevail.

It seems we may be on the verge of some heavy rains here. That's fine with me, as long as it subsides. JazzFest begins in my city tomorrow and I'm scheduled to meet some friends to see an outdoor concert by one of the Marsalis family. Music royalty in the States.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Just had a rippin' set of massive Thunderheads go by and generate Wind that pushed everything from budding Garden Features to my Fishing Pole around. It's not as if a Fishing Pole has a large Wind 'Profile' eh? These are the Downdrafts that can bring down Planes near Airports.

Thunder & Lightnin'. Now, Sunny again w/a Breeze. MesaDog is maxxin' and relaxin' now that the Thunder has gone East.

My Fishing Pal just called. Things are kewl at his Abode. His MIL donated her Body to University. No Funeral Service. No Relatives invading from elsewhere. He's happy about that. As with my Folks, putting out a Sign at the Assisted Living Joint that a 'Room Clearance' is going on results in most everything disappearing to good and deserving Elderly Folks within the Facility. The rest will be donated to Disabled Vets.

To use a MesaMate term, my Pal's CLW has now 'joined that Club' [of those whose Parents have passed on]. In what I view as a bit like Sobriety, you cannot know what that experience is like until you go through it. I tipped him off to the need for many Death Certificates. Every entity you're dealing with wants one. Another tip was to beware of ID Theft. D-Bags see Death Notices, and try to create false Profiles of the Deceased to conduct Financial D-Baggery. It can really compound what the grieving are dealing with anyway...

Back to RV Trailer packing for pending Mesa Adventures...
Old 06-22-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Looks like I was posting at the same time as Melina & Mesa. Hope all stay safe in the storms!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I hope we at least get some rain, Ven. My flowers are thirsty.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Be careful what you wish for Marty
Old 06-22-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Yeah, Mesa that is a club that is a tough one to join. I've been in it since 1999.

I think I got 10 Death Certs. They are a pain if you have to get more - so I agree. We didn't post anything in the papers nor have funerals, either. Only a couple people groused. When they did, I said, "You are free to hold a funeral for her. The family won't be coming."

People. They have no tact.

I guess that goes for me, too.

HB, Ken. I'll tell you again tomorrow. I really hope I remember there is a new thread. Wonder if this one will get locked? News at 11.

Good luck on the Brexit thingy.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi guys...
I was my own worst enemy today. Long story but I got in a struggle with a customer who I thought was taking advantage of me with her request. I got into quite a snit...then asked myself who the heck cares? Give her what she wants and move on. It wasn't such a big deal. But boy, can I get myself worked up.
so, anyway, new thread already tomorrow.
See you all then.
good night.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning everyone
Old 06-22-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Soberwolf, Morning everyone,

Well, here we all are then. Thunder and heavy rain last night, there are rivulets of water running down many of the streets and flooding in some parts though south of the river in that respect

Fitting really that today should have such ominous weather. See you all on the new thread