Notices

I'm leaving, moving out. Is this the end?

Old 05-24-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by melki View Post
I agree. Please tread carefully. Are you moving out and leaving the kids with him? That may give him an advantage in a custody dispute.

Congrats on 27 days, that's huge, keep with it!
I am treading easy on the custody thing. I have 4 baker acts (involuntary psych stays) and he has literally hours of video of me in alcoholic fits. He could bury me and I would never see my kids again.

Right now we have decided that i would pick the kids up from school and spend a couple of hours with them at his house. Once i start to prove myself we can work on unsupervised. Then overnights. I am afraid of those videos.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So basically you are at his mercy. Please discuss with a good divorce attorney and be completely honest about everything, including psych stays, videos, previous alcohol abuse. You need to build a case now that you are completely reformed and to collect your own evidence - AA meetings, etc. The attorney should be able to suggest how to make your position less vulnerable.

I am not suggesting you break off any current arrangement with your husband, obviously continue trying to work it out with him peacefully, but please start working on strengthening your situation and get a consultation from a good attorney.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

These are critical days, earthsteps. Please stay close and talk to us.