Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 05-30-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Congrats on 15 days tootiesdad Great job making it through the weekend.

I am glad your meeting went well FindingCake. I need to work on my closet too, but that will be for another day

Congrats on 30 days Eagle!

I am glad you are back strangeangel.

Great job making it through the wedding Ben

Day 3
We had the BBQ today. I had a Mt. Dew and then just water. I was only there for about 3 hours because we got storms and I don't like driving in them. It was raining hard on my way home but I got home before the hail started. I did laundry and some housework yesterday so I think I am going to lay in bed and watch TV for a little while. I am tired and it is going to be a long week ahead as we had someone on vacation last week and tomorrow and I picked up some of his work and I am behind.

Thank you all for posting and for motivating me everyday. I am glad to be a part of this class and I hope everyone has a great week
Old 05-30-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Congrats on 15 days tootiesdad Great job making it through the weekend.

I am glad your meeting went well FindingCake. I need to work on my closet too, but that will be for another day

Congrats on 30 days Eagle!

I am glad you are back strangeangel.

Great job making it through the wedding Ben

Day 3
We had the BBQ today. I had a Mt. Dew and then just water. I was only there for about 3 hours because we got storms and I don't like driving in them. It was raining hard on my way home but I got home before the hail started. I did laundry and some housework yesterday so I think I am going to lay in bed and watch TV for a little while. I am tired and it is going to be a long week ahead as we had someone on vacation last week and tomorrow and I picked up some of his work and I am behind.

Thank you all for posting and for motivating me everyday. I am glad to be a part of this class and I hope everyone has a great week
what's a Mt. Dew? sorry if
that's a stupid question
Old 05-30-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Just wanted to check in! I realized I have been posting, but not in this thread. Day 9... Definitely the hardest just because I did not have defined plans. Not hardest in that I wanted to drink, just that I feel kind of bored. Days are really long without alcohol! I hope everyone had a good weekend and we are in for a sober week ahead
Old 05-30-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I typed it in a shortcut version Mountain Dew, it's pop/soda.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Hi guys. Just checking in to say I made it through another wedding. Well I drove and we stayed for 2 hours before I made my way out the back Exit Where no one could see us ha ha. They were all.drunk anyway and no one will even notice we left. In bed now safe and sober. Night everyone
Congrats on making it 30 days Ben...great work
Old 05-30-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 32. This weekend was so busy and tiring. Going to bed early tonight . Have my interview at 1030am tomorrow. Hope every one has a good night
Old 05-30-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Sigh, just napped for about four hours, and at a weird time... It's almost 9pm. I really hope I have more energy at some point. I have been napping so much, and I feel so unproductive. I have to keep reminding myself that the productivity is remaining sober, and that that is the most important thing right now. The amount of housework/organization that I have to do is just paralyzingly daunting... I wish I had a month to just take care of things with nothing else in the way, haha.

Good to hear you made it through the wedding, ben! Sounds like it wasn't even a struggle! And great to hear that everyone is doing well, and have resolve, whether they are 30 days sober or 0 days. We should all be very proud of ourselves!
Old 05-30-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Spent the last half the day with my kids. Got all day off tomorrow with them too. I'm thankful.
Talked to a sponsor person for a while asking them questions and all. Feeling like I may have another real tool to use to go and stay abstinent. Called around and got a few possibles for keeping my kids for an hr on Mondays where I can goto the meeting I went to this morning. Maybe, maybe, maybe. I know last 2 yrs on here have helped me immensely to recognize things and make connections. Got to keep at it. Madness and early death are not not what I want for my life. I just hope I haven't blown everything completely out of the water by not being sober early enough in life.
I'm exhausted in every way right now.
Gonna pray and goto sleep.
Hugs

Ps - not looking forward for the detox I'll be enjoying into the weekend.
Also I'm down some weight from starting low carb eating. Small triumph, but one nonetheless. Not easy to not just pig out on carbs ! Lol
Old 05-30-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Nice work eating better, JL! I have been eating sooo much sugar since I became sober, and I normally don't like sweet things! Drinking tons of Coke, eating cookies and S'mores, all kinds of awful things. So well done for embarking on sobriety and dieting at the same time!!
Old 05-30-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Heading to bed. Unproductive day, but at least I got to relax a bit, and I'm still sober. Not much in the way of cravings today.

Day 10 tomorrow!
Old 05-31-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning friends!
Whiteturtle I'm the same. Got soooo much to do in the house but I'm trying to just pace myself and do what I can. You're right. The job of sobriety is number one!
JL you are in my thoughts and I hope posting is helping x
Ben. You're like the May 16 superhero now lol. So many hurdles in your way this month and you've stayed strong. Thank you for motivating me my UK friend (I hope) 😊
I'm having a quiet morning then cinema this aft. A kids film of course lol! So far so good this half term. Take care everyone x
Old 05-31-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey guys!
I'm new to all of this. Was thinking of finding ways to SIGNIFICANTLY cut back on my drinking, but really have no where to start. My drinking is consistently causing problems and arguments in my marriage and truthfully about 90% of our fights have something to do with alcohol. I hate to give up drinking all together, because that's a huge part of my life with my friends, but I don't have problems with them when I drink (other than the occasional embarassment over saying something stupid or too uninhibited). The problem with drinking around my spouse is that I feel more comfortable with him, and we've had a lot of new stress on us lately. I tend let out all of my frustrations with him, or life, or his crappy family, etc when I'm drunk and uninhibited. I know this is destructive behavior, I just want a quick, painless fix.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emmyb123 View Post
Hey guys!
I'm new to all of this. Was thinking of finding ways to SIGNIFICANTLY cut back on my drinking, but really have no where to start. My drinking is consistently causing problems and arguments in my marriage and truthfully about 90% of our fights have something to do with alcohol. I hate to give up drinking all together, because that's a huge part of my life with my friends, but I don't have problems with them when I drink (other than the occasional embarassment over saying something stupid or too uninhibited). The problem with drinking around my spouse is that I feel more comfortable with him, and we've had a lot of new stress on us lately. I tend let out all of my frustrations with him, or life, or his crappy family, etc when I'm drunk and uninhibited. I know this is destructive behavior, I just want a quick, painless fix.
Glad to have you with us. Don't know about quick or painless but sobriety is definitely one way to start fixing things. You might find it doesn't fix everything but at least then you can look at the other problems with a strait head.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning friends!
Whiteturtle I'm the same. Got soooo much to do in the house but I'm trying to just pace myself and do what I can. You're right. The job of sobriety is number one!
JL you are in my thoughts and I hope posting is helping x
Ben. You're like the May 16 superhero now lol. So many hurdles in your way this month and you've stayed strong. Thank you for motivating me my UK friend (I hope) 😊
I'm having a quiet morning then cinema this aft. A kids film of course lol! So far so good this half term. Take care everyone x
Morning jo my UK sober buddy. I think the new teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is out today. In cinemas I can't go it's a 12 a but I'd love to go and see it. I watched the first one years ago when I was a kid.

Day 31 today : )
Old 05-31-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just wanted to check in on Day 4. Hope everyone has a great n sober Tuesday
Old 05-31-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, lovely to read all your posts this morning :-)

Congrats to everyone for a sauber long weekend!

I do have more energy and I think you lovely people playing a big part in this.

But I've noticed I do everything slower than before and I really like it. I used to do everything really rushed so I'm enjoying the current 'calm' while it lasts.

Good luck with your interview peoplepurple!

Congrats Ben to 31 days and whiteturtle to 10 days.... I'll keep chasing you...:-)

Welcome emmeb, I don't think there is quick fix for me but I'm trying to embrace my quit and learn as much as I possibly can to help me stay sober.
And also try to remember the law of addiction --
"Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."
So as long as I don't have another drink I will be fine.

Wishing everyone a successful, enjoyable day.

I will not drink today!
Old 05-31-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Ben: I'm not sure about your Imperial measurements system over there, but here in 'Murrica, that's a whole month!!

Too many Cokes, carb bingeing, sugar overload, lethargy in the face of daunting chores -- lots of people singing my song right now! In my twisted head, no alcohol means open season on empty junk calories, chasing cookies down with ice cream; got to rein that sh*t in pretty soon...

Well, dear Mayflies, it's our last day / evening in the Newcomer's section; tomorrow we graduate to Newcomer's Daily Support, with the big kids. Don't anybody get lost in the hallways, and we'll meet up in the lunchroom every day...

I'm so glad you're all "here" with me through this past month (or, as they say in the UK, "monthe")--your caring and support have been instrumental in my continued sobriety.

Love and junk,
Arp
Old 05-31-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Morning jo my UK sober buddy. I think the new teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is out today. In cinemas I can't go it's a 12 a but I'd love to go and see it. I watched the first one years ago when I was a kid.

Day 31 today : )
Alice Through the Looking Glass for my sins today! Would much rather watch the ninjas but hey ho.....it's all about the kids this week!
31 days.....amazing!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Feel the same arp! See you in the grown up section tomorrow!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
(or, as they say in the UK, "monthe")--your caring and support have been instrumental in my continued sobriety.

Love and junk,
Arp
Arp I promise you we don't say monthe here in the UK ha ha you have been watching too many films. I'd love to live in America one day to see how you guys live on that side of the pond. Also it would make buying parts for my jeep a lot cheaper we get ripped off in England for jeep spares I tend to import from America most of the time and it's still half the price than buying in the UK. Looking back maybe I should have bought a land rover.