Notices

*Ring Ring* Sober Weekender May 6

Old 05-05-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

so I went to three different places to find a pot for the plants... place 3 - 50% off clay pots... I got the big one and medium one. On way home I stopped by the creek to see how the water was. Not too bad, high and quite turbid but not chocolate milky. So I decided to toss a line in and immediately FISH ON... hmm... then a few more casts - there seems to be plenty of fish. I throw again and catch a fishing line caught in a tree. Lose my spinner, come home, wife in bed, honey, yes, I'm going fishing... spent the rest of the day fishing...
made guacamole when I got home... Mrs already ate burritos so cooking has been called off tonight... chips and guac and salsa and maybe make a few nachos...

anyway, hope all had a good day and set for the weekend... I'll catch up later....

except... This movie is 75 years old this year. It still holds up with anything made today. Which reminds me, Js, I watched Hush all the way through. I gave it 2 stars because I was feeling very generous. I was thinking about 3/4 way through it - it was a fantasy act of how her book turned out and that was how it would end, as just a book fantasy. But nooooo.... come to think of it, I might go back and change my rating to one star... Either I am too critical or that movie really was beyond ridiculous... sorry
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Vic and Big S!!

Omg busiest workday we've had in a while! Got to talk to a few cute cops and a hot fireman so it was worth it lol! Oh, and one of our patients works at a boutique type store...kind of a discount boutique type place...anyway, she told me about this amazing sale they're having the next few days so, naturally I had to stop in and WOW!! I got some awesome stuff at warehouse prices and I don't even feel guilty cause it was so ridiculously inexpensive! Yay!

And Vic...I always love reading your posts! You're such a good writer and so interesting! I love reading, too! I can't think of a better pastime
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Melina for Chef of State.
Heck yeah! I like the sound of that!

I'm sorry about Finny, Behan. I hope he feels better soon and you all get some rest.

Hi to everyone, I loved catching up with your day!

I'm in for the night. I did a lot today. I have a lot to do around the house tonight as well, but I can do it at my own pace. Rest and veg out first.

Target was $368, or the equivalent of 2 weeks of nightly blackout drinking for me. I got a lot of really cute stuff and I am DONE shopping for quite a while.

I don't want to jinx it, but for some reason I stopped biting my fingernails. Like a week ago. I'm a life long nail biter. Not to bloody stumps or anything, but there's never any white on the end of my nails. I mow it down pretty quick. I'm quite enjoying the tappity tap tap noises they make when I type, and the extra scratching my back and scalp power is unbelievable. Ha! Good times.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hi everyone. Just got done having tacos. I wasn't even thinking about cinco de mayo when I decided to make tacos tonight. But boy did they hit the spot. I'm so beat. Going to bed early again tonight. Now that I know how to do stuff at work they are sure keeping me busy. I like it a lot, though. It's just going to take time to get used to working full-time.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Monkeys scare me!
Old 05-05-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
...holds the key

We'll wishes to baby Finn

Oh yeah...Happy cinco de mayo! Now that don't drink it holds no importance to me!

Yay Melina! Did you see the cute swimsuits and shorts at Target?? Omg and the sandals? I just bought a bunch of stuff there a few weeks ago! Love it!
Old 05-05-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I sure did, Brynn! I got an awesome bikini and several pool coverups. And I bought everything else, eeep, I was on a roll.

We are going to be poolside and oceanside the whole week, and our meals are prepared in the villa three times a day, so I'm not going anywhere except one day to Tulum. I'm truly going to enjoy this retreat in the most retreatiest sense of the word hahaha!
Old 05-05-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Now what about the policy about having to post pics?

Sorry I was trying to be good ... but ........
Old 05-05-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Melina I always buy bikinis at Target soooo cute! Your retreat sounds totally awesome and so relaxing! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Poor SU! I think you're being very good lol!!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I don't like monkeys either.

I'm home by myself. Husband at baseball game with son. Boston Red Sox vs. Chicago White Sox. Daughter is at mother in law's because husband had to leave before I got home and we couldn't find a sitter
Old 05-05-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Party at Ruby's house!!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Old 05-05-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Ruby! Enjoy your alone time yippee!!!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Omg Tom cruise was so young!!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi guys....I'm way behind.
Brynn....you always sound so happy.
Ruby....enjoy your alone time at home!!
Ok...I have to go back and see what's going on with Finn....I pray that he is ok.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Old 05-05-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

When are you going to Mexico, Melina? Tulum looks awesome, I'm sure that will be a fun excursion! I live in the heart of Maya country and have seen some of the awesome pyramids in Tikal and it's mind blowing. The weather's hot this time of year and it should be a great place to relax!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol Melina! My eyes are burning!!!!!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
When are you going to Mexico, Melina? Tulum looks awesome, I'm sure that will be a fun excursion! I live in the heart of Maya country and have seen some of the awesome pyramids in Tikal and it's mind blowing. The weather's hot this time of year and it should be a great place to relax!
I'm going on Saturday for a week, I'll be in PDC.

I did foreign study in Merida, lived there for seven months studying economics... And from there was able to visit Uxmal, Dzibichaltun, Chichen Itza. I loved it. Came back and went to Chiapas and visited Palenque which was breathtaking. Have you gone to Bonampak? I would like to go there. Mayan history is really awesome in the AWE inspiring sense of the word.

And I could easily live in San Cristobal de las Casas.. Such a cool town