Notices

Tired of not being me

Old 04-22-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wanted to believe she was a nice person who cared about me but I know that being this miserable is abnormal. Steps? I am moving in two weeks, I am getting a new phone, and I will have a new place to live where no one can show up unannounced.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

And I feel like my mind is still clearing from the years of alcohol abuse. Is that normal?
Old 04-22-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think so--I still get fuzzy-headed at times too.
It gets less over time.

Glad to hear you have a way to get free of her for good.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
And I feel like my mind is still clearing from the years of alcohol abuse. Is that normal?
It's different for everyone, of course, but it takes an undetermined amount of time for the brain to correct itself after being abused with substances. To be totally honest, drugs and alcohol can cause brain damage that is difficult to measure and to correct/heal just takes time, taking good care of yourself, and staying away from substances that cause damage.

If I remember correctly, you were seeing a Psychiatrist and have a counseIor...if there are other things going on with you that can cause brain fog it's a good idea to address that with professional help, because that could part of it too.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Acheleus, 10 months sober is so FANTASTIC, congratulations. No matter what you think is wrong about your life, you are way better off by not drinking. Tired feelings and such will go away, then come back, go away, come back, yada, yada. Be proud of yourself, we all are, rootin for ya.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you. Jogging now and I have the number blocked. I threw away all the stuff of hers in the dumpster. I am going to get myself back come hell or high water.

And I am proud to be alcohol and cigarette free. I am glad to be exercising. When I am healthy and love myself I will be able to attract a healthy partner.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone on SR. This place has helped me. Thank you all for the advice even though I am hard headed. It is time to take care of myself and quit worrying about someone else.