Notices

You can close your eyes!!

Old 04-20-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

So horrible, PK. I'm sorry for the sadness you & your co-workers are feeling. RIP Lindsay.

I'm glad you wanted to share this, PK - we all love you.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, PK.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss PK; do take care of yourself ((hug))
Old 04-20-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post

Isolation was always one link in the chain that bonded me to alcohol .

Bestwishes, m
Yes - we are capable of isolating in large groups and by ourselves.
Good point
Old 04-20-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear
Old 04-23-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,

Thought I couldn't just leave this thread hanging, I thank you all for your posts and private messages of encouragement.

You know that phrase, God doesn't give any of us anything that we can't handle?

Well I'm not a religious person, the last time I heard that phrase was at my own Dad's funeral and it was meant to be an encouraging thing from the priest to the family, but it all came back to me this past week, and accompanied with your words of support, I was able to prevail.

Sobreity for me at the point in my life that I made the decision, was an all or nothing decision, my resolve was to never drink again, whether it was holidays, funerals, or social occasions, alcohol was firmly off the table, and that has remained the case, no matter what curve balls life has thrown clinging onto that Sober lifestyle has remained paramount.

Now some may say, the rock of Sobreity should be stronger in the face of adversity, some may say that at no point should a person who has achieved Sobreity ever think of alcohol again, we should be immune to such thoughts, really? I offer this as an encouragement to newcomers, curve balls will happen, thoughts will happen, it's the preparation and how we deal with them is what really matters!!

For me my recovery has been rooted in my decision making, I guess I'm in the group of non AA goers and more the secular options, rational recovery being one option, which is about facing addiction head on and making a rational decision about not to drink, and that has been and was the case as I was grieving in the current circumstances.

I urge everyone not to make light of what life can conjure up, reasons to drink that we can't even contemplate until we're in the moment, get your resources in place now, build a support network, work through the what ifs right now, come up with the plans, the detailed micromanaged routines to follow, and you'll not go wrong, the phrase "fail to plan, plan to fail" springs to mind!!

It's been a testing week, and that's ok, I've faced many demons, and that's ok, and I've come out the other side, and that's definitly ok!!

Thank you all for being here, my fellow Sober friends in arms . . . you all don't know how much you mean to me!!

PK
Old 04-23-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Even us AA'ers make a decision not to drink once recovery takes place........It's simple real. Regardless of program - don't drink the first one. I think that may be a common thread, right?

Glad you made it through and way to carry the message with grace my friend.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for a wonderful post, PK. You mean so much to us, too.