Notices

New here, so here goes...

Old 04-02-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Honestly? That all sounds...exhausting. So much intellectualizing, so much pre-emptive rationalizing, so much "I am different and unique and here's why..."

Personally, I like simple. I like direct and uncomplicated. I like sober. But that's me.

Shrug. Have at it and mazel tov.

P.S. All Anna did was state the facts.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I wish you well in whatever and wherever your journey takes you Dichoto.

Your intellect, your drive and your determination are indubitable.

Myself being a relative newcomer to abstinence will happily admit my naivety but I do have an overwhelming feeling of sadness reading your posts.

Last edited by tufty13; 04-02-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Schoolboy spelling
Old 04-02-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It came in a blood test. Liver enzymes through the roof
good luck.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope you are able to get what you want out of life. As another poster stated, I don't believe moderation is impossible, however many folks here couldn't do it and/or found it was too more trouble than it's worth.

I really have to agree with everything endgameNYC said. I was struck by the backwards logic of using improved lab results as permission to drink again. If the labs improve its because you haven't been drinking...classic alcoholic logic. I get it, we all try to find figure out the loophole that will allow us to keep drinking.

Best of luck.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by DichotoMe View Post
I had just written a long and thoughtful follow-on post to address other’s replies. But before I posted it, I read this.

How “clinical” of you Anna. And very succinct.

I never suggested this site “promoted moderation or controlling alcohol intake”. I was hoping this would be an opportunity to discuss it all and find support if I fail once again.

Thanks to your attitude as an Administrator, I will “abstain” from participation in this site even if I do fail at abstinence and need to pursue a path of lifelong sobriety.

This is indicative of the majority of especially ALANON people. There is zero tolerance with folks like that. Cut it out of your life and anyone that has it in their life, at all costs…ALL costs, because zero alcohol is all that matters.

Thank you for making that clear to me Anna.

You and the site are welcome to delete my account.

Goodbye
You're right. Your "fuse is Waaayyy shorter." Or maybe it's always been that way. And, since you've got it all figured out, perhaps you truly don't need to be here.

Maybe it's true that you're smarter than everyone else, but your self-proclaimed intellectual prowess doesn't serve you well. Not at all.

I do hope that you can remain sober, but your considerable ego seems to be a formidable obstacle from the very start.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Everyone is where they are meant to be. Personally, I'd like to see you continue your sobriety, but hey Im saying that because I'm a recovering alcoholic and to me and many others on here its a poison.

Wishing you well x
Old 04-02-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi
I could have written your first post...the part about the family. I would throw in abuse and a lot of neglect as well. Happy Days......

It is my belief that you are getting the responses you are because most of us have tried what you have tried, and have failed. I, for one, have seen hundreds try to moderate (mostly on line personalities) and pretty much all fail. I believe that people who are not alcoholic naturally moderate as the negative consequences from their drinking mount in the form of social repercussions or physical (like you have described) deterioration. People who are not alcoholic do not seek forums...they simply, um, grow up. I can only speak for myself, but my drinking is the ULTIMATE in childish, selfish behavior. It is not grown up at all. To me a grown up is someone who understand their responsibilities to themselves (a no harm philosophy) and their families. Who are emotionally mature and can regulate their emotions. Who know how to self entertain, and stay busy and connected to others. As an alcoholic I am the antithesis of those things. In recovery I aim to learn those behaviors through counseling, recovery groups, spiritual pursuits etc.

Anywho, I get that you're offended. Try not to be. Its simply input from people that know 'the deal'. Keep reading if nothing else...with an open heart and an open mind.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by DichotoMe View Post
Like your diary, I have been pondering a strict control mechanism. Once I settle on it…IF I can ever go back to enjoying SOME alcohol, I will share it in the hopes that it helps others enjoy “control”..
And, my point was, we don't want you to discuss methods you use to moderate alcohol. There are other websites that will be happy to have you talk about that. But, for us here, abstinence is the goal and can in fact, be a matter of life and death.