No doubt Weekender March 11 part 1

Old 03-11-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Is that the screamer smiley, Della?
Old 03-11-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Old 03-11-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Yes I hate that I can't figure out how to post a song!! GRRR!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Click on the red and black "YouTube" button in the toolbar... paste ONLY the part after the "=" in the YouTube URL.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hi guys! I'm in for a sober Friday!

I'm going to have chilaquiles with a friend who is very hungover. I'm going to rub my vibrant complexion and clear mind and happy smile in his face. Ok I won't, that's mean lol. But man, I do not envy him that hangover!

I've been texting a lot with the girl that came drunk to the aa meeting the other night. She asked me if I knew of a doctor that could check her liver immediately bc she woke up with her face and eyes very swollen. I told her to go to the ER. She has sent me about 15 texts dripping with denial about why she can't go there, and I just keep repeating myself.

It's scary and I'm worried, but I know I scared people in my denial as well, and all I can do is firmly and kindly suggest she get help. She says she has coconut water and she's not shaking so she should be fine. I told her I wasn't shaking before my alcoholic withdrawal seizure either.

She said her insurance is bad. I told her a trip to the ER now is cheaper than liver failure.

She said she thinks with a raw diet she'll be ok. I told her broccoli ain't gonna fix this.

My heart hurts for her. I know how scary this is for her. There but for the grace of God go I....

In other news, I may have found a cool chick to sponsor me! She has five years sober and I like her, she's no bs. I want to do the steps to see what it feels like to bare my soul and stop the self shaming and to make amends to the people I have hurt.

Gotta run, xoxo, love you guys!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Done! Weekend proper has just started

On a selfish note it looks as though something called Crossrail 2 is going ahead (cost £36 billion or US $50 billion +. It is a new North/South London Rail link. I should be able to sell some safety kit shouldn't I?

Really nice evening here (still light).

Eldest daughter has set marriage date for the 3rd time (previous times she got pregnant but that cannot happen anymore) - 25th June, England should be safely knocked out of the European Football Championship by then so it is an acceptable date. More expense for the already strained Saoutchik exchequer. As is traditional I seem to be the last to know.

I watched comedian Stewart Lee last night in an episode titled Islamophobia (it isn't, the title is ironic) I won't post a link because of the language (which is unusual for him) and the subject matter but do check him out on You Tube, he is the funniest stand up in the UK imao
Old 03-11-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Sao, I think with that budget for the Crossrail 2 you should get an order or two. Congrats on daughter setting wedding date. Third time is the charm? Ouch on the pocketbook. What kind of place will they choose? A big wedding?

Taxes. I always do my own using that tax software product MLD mentioned. I just need to plug in the numbers. I have all my paperwork. Including the statement that I am currently insured. Geez. My head is in the sand because I didn't realize that financial penalties would be assessed if there was no insurance. I'm grateful I have health insurance.

Melina, I hope the girl figures it out sooner than later. I was in denial forever.

Ok. Time to work. I've got a bunch of junk to work on today. Bleah.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Last edited by Dee74; 03-11-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Della, you're a woman of few words
Old 03-11-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Melina - We can all relate to that denial, it's so frustrating to see it from an outside perspective. The fact that she's texting you shows that the seed of doubt has been planted though, hopefully it won't be too much longer before she seeks helps.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Della, you're a woman of few words
LOL!! I give up!! Thank you for trying SP! Clearly I am challenged.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hi, all,

Old Tomato, I don't think I've mentioned this before but you have such a fun screenname. It's great to have you aboard the weekend-then-into-the-week train!

Melina, I cringed when I read your account of the texts from the woman you're trying to help. Coconut water, raw veggies, bad insurance. Okey dokey. But nice news about the sponsor!

Sao, congrats on the impeding nuptials.

OK. Just a quick check-in at lunchtime. Take care everyone.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
LOL!! I give up!! Thank you for trying SP! Clearly I am challenged.
It might be that you are using Google Chrome (protocol issues) do the same as Soberpotamus suggested but not in G Chrome
Old 03-11-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I use Google Chrome, Sao. I didn't know there was an issue?
Old 03-11-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Old Tomato, I don't think I've mentioned this before but you have such a fun screenname. It's great to have you aboard the weekend-then-into-the-week train!
Thank you!
Old 03-11-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The mother in law would hire (and to be fair, pay for) Buckingham Palace if it was available Ruby but fortunately future SIL not interested in OTT wedding Daughter more interested in dress/backdrop/photos than numbers/size of venue - they already have somewhere in mind that is not far. Honeymoon deferred until grandaughter Cyra a bit older
Old 03-11-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Nice, Sao. It's nice that Buckingham isn't the intended venue. I think it's kind of stuffy looking anyway.

Della, there is something there on the screen but it isn't coming through as a video. A discoloured white square.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Congrats Sao!

Della, I can't post music either but y'all probably wouldn't like most of my stuff anyway. I'm just now getting proficient at posting photos thanks to Ken spelling it out a few months ago!

Ever put too much peanut butter on a sandwhich then have to scrape it off? Yeah, that just happened to me. Oh, and I bought organic galas.....on sale....but they aren't near as good as the regular galas. Maybe pesticides enhance the sweetness??

Melina....I cringed reading about your friend. I've been there....grasping at straws to keep from facing the truth. She's in my prayers. And yay on finding a sponsor!
Xo
Old 03-11-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hmm, Crazy Golf later and I notice I have a zit on my neck. Young huh? Teenage acne I reckon
Old 03-11-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Okay Della, here's how I posted this video. Go to youtube and pick the video you want. I right click on the image and copy the video url. I then go to SR and hit "post reply" not "quick reply." And I paste the link. I then delete everything that comes after the /

https://youtu.be/o6f593X6rv8

So I'm left with the string shown below.

o6f593X6rv8

Then I highlight that string and go to the YouTube block shown above here, and click it so that the [YT] brackets appear on either side of that string. And voila.