Notices

No doubt Weekender March 11 part 1

Old 03-11-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Typical. I want to print my tax returns for mailing (not e-filing, long story) aaannnndddd... Printer is out of ink. So I have to go to the next town over and go to Target. I need cat food anyway, but darn it. I wanted to go for a hike. I'll probably have time after this detour, though.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

c011:
Old 03-11-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hey SP ~

Thanks for the Good Dog Vibes! I'll let D**** know that the Dog Lovers 'round here are in full support. Yesterday, I finally got her First Person run down of this Encounter. She had the Chill Factor to call 911 before CCW intentionally trapped her between the dual Entrance Gates. That's where he grabbed her Arm really hard, and screamed Obscenities at her; telling her that 'her Dogs deserved to be attacked'. A Total Wackjob. They out there...

We had a long Chat. D**** is considering dropping one of the Charges pinned on CCW. If his Dogs are deemed 'Vicious' as those Charges stick, they'll be put down. Just like that. CCW is raising them mean, so we know how that Movie is going to end if the Dogs live. Dog Park Moms are concerned about a Kid Attack, or a Home Town Park-based Attack where CCW lives. Meanwhile, CCW would likely get more Dogs to make vicious. CCW is forever banned from at least 'our' Dog Park, so there is that Control Mechanism. Not really a Black/White question to answer easily. How far do ya push it?

In other News that Sao might appreciate, Bruno Mars supplies the ubiquitous Music for this kewl Marriage Proposal. I'm thinking that's Melina in the red Dress, eh?

I wanted to put up 'Sugar' by Maroon 5, but too many Champagne Glasses are shown in some nice Wedding Scenes. >1.1 Billion Views of that Vid...
- Flash Mob Wedding Proposal -
Old 03-11-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Sounds like what my wife says all the time...

I remember my third wedding date... we didn't set a date, we just went to the jp and got it over with... hahahaha

I made a horrible discovery this afternoon... they are called carrot cake cookies with cream cheese filling and you can get them at wallymart

picked up a map and 'tourist' guide at AAA... and paid my annual fee - wife needs it... use once and it pays for itself a couple times over... so far in three years, she is ahead...

heard this while driving down the highway and had to turn it up LOUD, also had to replay it a couple times... too bad the sound from YT might not reproduce the bass lines in this...
Old 03-11-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Yay Della.

I usually post my videos in quick reply using the same way you mentioned ruby.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I made a horrible discovery this afternoon... they are called carrot cake cookies with cream cheese filling and you can get them at wallymart
I made this same damning discovery at a local grocery recently. They are addictive.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

OK. Here's what I discovered. I can see the videos if I go through google chrome. I can't see them if I launch through firefox. I get a box telling me to update adobe flash, my plugin is vulnerable.

And I can see and hear the music on my phone which runs android. So thanks for the Staind Della.

The carrot cake cookies sound good.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That is one high risk proposal

No cookies or even rice cakes for me

"How come?" I hear you ask

Well mostly because just I ate a quarter of a blueberry cheesecake. I expect Jordan Spieth does the same before a golf match (John Day definitely does, probably the whole cake)
Old 03-11-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

There must be a carrot cake vibe going around here. I found a recipe for carrot cake scones this morning. I'm going to make them later. I have everything I need in the house.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Regarding high-risk proposals - I always cringe when I see people doing proposals at public venues - like at sporting events, on the jumbotrons. What if she says no?? On YouTube forever...
Old 03-11-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
...holds the key

You're a sure winner, Sao!

Carrot cake's alright but what I really like is the frosting. Actually, I like frosting better than any kind of cake. Give me a tub of Buttercream or chocolate buttercream and I'm in heaven.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Evening all,

Congrats on daughters wedding plans Sao! I saw Stewart Lee live last year. I'm a big fan.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Are big, showy, dramatic public proposals a bad idea then?
Old 03-11-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Do your best

Blueberry cheesecake is delicious : )
Old 03-11-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

RIP Keys Wizard Keith Emerson @71 Years old. See the massive, original Moog Synthesizer behind him.

- 'Fanfare For The Common Man' ~ Emerson, Lake & Palmer -

The Gum-chewing Greg Lake belts out one of their Hits...

- 'Lucky Man' ~ Emerson, Lake & Palmer ~ Live -

- 'Still You Turn Me On' ~ ELP -
Old 03-11-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Oh no...I love ELP.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

thanks for that mesa... I was thinking, there probably isn't a 'rock drummer' today who could play like that... to sustain a roll ...
anyway, Kieth mixed in a 'few' different pieces with that ... pure classic talent...

so many music legends lost in the past 6 months...
Old 03-11-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

ELP was truly the soundtrack of my lonely, disconnected, introverted youth. I simply loved the sound. I've never been prone to fandom of any stripe, but Emerson was something else.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Awww, Mesa! I was crying during that proposal! I'd be honored to wear the red dress if any of our Weekenders get engaged like that!

Behan, I think splashy proposals are awesome! Everything is a risk in life and I think people most likely know if the person is gonna say yes. Or at least have the common sense to pretend to say yes and tell them no in private later lololol.

Lunch was awesome and I ate everything! My hungover friend could hardly eat and had a michelada to take the edge off. It made me more grateful to be sober. I never have to again feel that the solution to my drinking is more drinking. YUCK!

Couch time for now and then meetings later.

It was a beautiful afternoon!
Old 03-11-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Blueberry cheesecake is delicious : )
I agree wholeheartedly. Soberwolf for US president! You have my endorsement, sir!