Notices

A worthy weekender Feb 19 part 2

Old 02-21-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

And that's Goodwood, not Smallwood. Oops.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Ruby!

Congrats on 52 days Delilah!

HAF, I cried at the cemetery scene too. I think you're right about living alone. It's easier when you have someone to talk things through with and bounce stuff off of. That's what I use you guys for a lot of times! My friends are all married and I don't want to be the needy single friend lol!
Old 02-21-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Marty: you can't make anyone feel anything. You must always say what you mean and feel.
They say that by being clear on what you want people will exit you life and come into your life.
This will happen naturally without major conflict as long as you keep being clear and articulate how you feel and do what's right for you.

Guy friend may stay or may go.. Never hold your tongue. Ask for what you need. He will deal with it as he needs to.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hugs to you.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning from the UK all ,
blue skies here ..
smells like a new and fresh week , lets get to it ,

m
Old 02-22-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Grey skies and a bit damp in London

Thanks for Part 2 Dee

Marty, I don't think that what you said was such a big deal that it was worthy of negative comment. You shouldn't have to tread on eggshells every time you are together. I know you have a good time with this guy but if he wants to share personal stuff that he doesn't say to others then he should accept your right to occasionally mention your feelings. There are no easy answers are there

HaF, sorry your siblings are being so crass but at least having a grandchild trumps all the nonsense

I slept like a stone again last night, I really should have showered before I went to bed but was too tired ( that wouldn't have happened when there was a Mrs S)

Off to jolly old north east London soon. Once it's done and I have an MOT and a Dyno test I am going to take it for a spin round rural Essex/ Herts - see how she drives and get used to the left hand drive
Old 02-22-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Have fun Sao. Don't be a hoon in that car.
I'm off to bed. Monday was good.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!!!

Night trees!

Looking forward to pictures Sao.

Enjoy the week M.

I shall do the same.

K
Old 02-22-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

good morning/afternoon/evening
I woke up at 0330 - when the wife called it a night and went to bed...
I had to look up 'hoon'. Alls I gotta say is, be a hoon Sao! Isn't that the purpose of this car? I was unaware it had left hand drive. Gonna sell it across the water?

I looked out at the thing and it was bright outside. I thought, sunrise? No moon.
Well I have lots to do as usual. Going to delve into more shuffling of papaers and shredding things. And I made the decision that today those magazines that are so UN-neatly piled up in the 'office' are heading to the recycling center today. She can whine all she wants. They have been sitting in the same spot since November I believe. And they are in my way!

And talk about another WAY out there dream. And also once again it involved a lot of scenes from my past work. Some people have drinking dreams, I have working dreams

Also waiting for pics Sao...
Old 02-22-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

I saw Mecanix post & thought blue skies then read Sao who summed up London this morning pretty well

Have a nice day everyone whatever the weather I am a bit jelous Mecanix lol
Old 02-22-2016, 01:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

The other night I watched the day the series stopped on netflix. About the Bay Area series - Oakland/San Fran... I had an in law who was at the stadium when the quake occurred. They had to go 'around' to get home near Walnut Creek. I saw quite a few concerts at the Concord Pavillion too... George Thorogood twice among others... Always been a yankee hater... except I liked Jeter. Used to have season tix to the A's...
anyway, you know how 'they' say you know where you were when JFK was shot? Well I know exactly where I was when 'they' announced Mitch Williams was coming in to pitch for the Phillies in game 6 the 1993 world series. The Phillies had the game and their pitcher was mowing them down. Then they brought in Williams just because it was an expected move to bring in your 'closer'. How stupid is that? When your short reliever has total command and then take him out for NO GOOD REASON.
I screamed NOOOOOOOOOOO and almost drove my jeep into the Schuylkill River when they announce Williams. I was on my way to work listening on the radio. I knew what was gonna happen... I'm still psssst.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

ML, I think I see a pattern developing. You want to be in a relationship. Then you hook up with a guy and become 'friends'. In your heart your are wanting - hoping - that it will become more. But you 'go along' with the situation figuring he will eventually come around. When you bring up in discussion - subliminally - about a 'relationship' you get your answer. Yet you will continue to pursue it subconsciously. Then after a time you finally will get fed up that it is not going to go any further. And you repeat the cycle...

I could be wrong, just an observation.

Now, by doing this, I believe you are wasting your time. You are playing the market selling short. No long term gains.
And while you are enduring your frustrations of not connecting with a serious commitment, you may be missing other opportunities. There may be a guy who would have been interested but you seem to be 'with' someone. There is playing the field - freelance work - and signing up for a season - short term contracts. You meet many more opportunities doing free lance work than focusing all your attention on a project that will end sooner rather than later.
Many missed opportunities... I don't know, pure speculation. I may be wrong.

I know it's beneath us - or is it? - but why not give a dating site a whirl. Find like minded individuals with a similar goal. And you can weed them out more quickly. Take a page out of Jsbodhi's book. Just one tho...
As I mention, this is just one opinion and I may be way out there. Food for thought...
Old 02-22-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

this is what it looks like SW
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1462.JPG (24.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 02-22-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sao, congratulations on finishing your Lancia project. I'm really happy for you.

And curious to see it.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey old tomato.... How are you doing this fine Monday?
Old 02-22-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hey old tomato.... How are you doing this fine Monday?
I'm doing good thanks. I've hit my Week 1 sobriety milestone. Wasn't feeling great but realising that has given me new strength. Taking it easy before my meeting today, back to work and volunteering tomorrow.

Hope you're all doing good.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow people who are working on improving their lives!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, folks. I tossed and turned last night. I just read over all your comments - you have all given me lots to think about. It may be time to cut my losses. Don't know.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

let's see, packed up boxes of magazines and headed out... home depot to pick up hair traps for the shower - done
needed onions, but wait, a bunch of leeks for $1.98! When I got to check out leeks were 3.98 wha... so I go back and see the price label below the leeks was for lettuce... anyway, leek/potato soup is on the agenda...
oh, and bay leaves were almost 4 bucks for a small container! marjoram was almost 4 bucks - I started looking through the rack - spices and such are ridiculously priced! Still no green peppercorns...

funny as I was unloading magazines into the dumpster I saw one I wanted to keep - naw, toss it...

WELL DONE OLD TOMATO. Keep it rolling...
Old 02-22-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning dear rogues!
Xo