Notices

day 1. really need support

Old 01-16-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by growpath View Post
Thank you for the responses. I see where you are coming from! Setting myself up for failure with all these high expectations. Now that I think of it every time I had any success with not drinking it has been when I took it easy on myself and just basically made one rule for myself....don't drink and then repeat. I struggle with perfectionism, I have all my life.....another issue! It may be good to take a step back from expectations and goals for now.
I think following that guideline initially very well could be needed!

I am going to visit my family basically to avoid sitting here in the house all day beating myself up....I am truly appreciative of all responses. I will be back later in the day to take a closer look at them all and reply better. I am glad to be finding my way back to sanity!
Instead of sitting around in the house, beating yourself up, go to a meeting. Go to 2 or 3 meetings if needed. I was advised to go to 90 meetings in 90 days and that's what I did. Keep it simple. Don't think that you have to give up booze/drugs for good. Just give them up for 1 day. Or else for 1 hour, or even for 5 minutes. That's what worked for me. Tell yourself "I gave up booze and drugs for 1 day." For alcoholics/addicts like myself, that is truly an accomplishment. Be gentle to yourself.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zjw

I'm on my pad so I won't type you my typical novel but don't be afraid to bug me anytime or scream etc.. Sounds like you got yourself overwhelmed some. I like your idea of keeping it simple just don't drink now write it on your bathroom mirror or something along with any other important thing to remember because if your like me tommorrow you will forget or somehow over complicate it again. Doing stuff like this can help keep you present and centered.

Don't forget it's about the journey not the destination you can do it. You bright and you know the nature of this cunning disease. But me if you want pm me etc...
Old 01-16-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
learning to live

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to offer such inspirational advice, wisdom and kind words. I adore SR and the people here and I know I would be lost without it. I want to respond to each person because I feel like I got a little from you all.... Just know I love you all so much!!! I am so grateful!!!

I am home for the night now retiring into day 1 and drinking hot tea

I wrote down a majority of this thread on a piece of paper and intend to refer to it often.

Right now I am just going to focus on today and the near future.

I am going to go to church tomorrow and try the Celebrate Recovery gig as I think some face to face time with others who can understand what it feels like to be so broken.....people who may understand this chaotic confusion I go through with my mind on a daily basis & the torment I keep subjecting myself to.

Hoping all of my friends are having a great weekend Keeping it simple!

Thanks again from the bottom of my little heart!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thinking of you - stay close to SR and if you need support we are all here X X
Old 01-16-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

One day at a time sweet growpath.

You can do this, don't overwhelm yourself. Lean on us, we're here for you.

Thinking of you and sending my prayers .