Notices

She Rears Her Head...

Old 01-07-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi nuudawn! It's so good to hear from you -
Old 01-07-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post

For those asking what I should do differently? Figure me, but I have tried most everything.... I don't know. All I do know (like quitting smoking....drinking and smoking me always seem to go hand in hand). I just gotta keep trying...and that's exactly what I intend to do. I am far too battle weary to have much confidence...but I do have hope. Sooner or later...it's gotta stick.

Maybe this time.
Wow, I could have written this myself Nu, though less succinct and beautifully. We just have to keep getting back up and trying. Keep at it girl, you are so right, sooner or later it will stick.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Do your best

I get happy seeing you posting again when is the Joanna ab fab Avatar coming bk ?

Have a nice day Nu wrap up well and spk soon
Old 01-08-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Nuu!!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I found quitting drinking required two things

me quitting drinking....and then me doing whatever I had to do to stay quit.

I'm not saying it's easy...but it is pretty simple.

If you have trouble with staying quit then that's what I'd work on, Nuu

D
Amen Dee. Ya...that "stick-it-to-it-ness" thang has me confounded. I'm sad to say it is not limited to this drinking problem. Seems to permeate my entire life. Just today on the drive into town I was pondering giving up the guitar lessons I started a few months back. My instructor gave us a Christmas break and I didn't pick up the damn thing once. ..and now my life long desire to learn the damn thing seems to have flown off with the wind....
Aack...

Today I am sober and fairly confident I will end the day that way as well. But that's bout as far as my confidence goes in this moment. Also on the drive into town I realized I was back on the "emotion roller coaster". I had a meltdown trying to get the fire started this morning and realizing my woodbox was empty and I was suddenly in a wah wah fest bout all the crap I do around the place and the partner can't even keep the woodbox filled! At one point I started to fear an all out rage attack...
But hey...quitting drinking and smoking can do that to a girl. As I say..on the drive into town my mind flicked back to previous sobrieties and the emotional weather fronts that come in and out.....

Funny how the smother blanket of addictions like alcohol and cigarettes keep a person somewhat numb....apathetic I guess. I mean sure a person has "upsets" by they don't FEEL like the ground shaking under your feet lol.

I perservere in sobriety today.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing is - none of us is incapable of change.

At 38 I was a wreck. At 48 I'm pretty dang together

I had a bad habit of never seeing things through too - I'm better at that now...or at least I know the things that are good for me to see through to the end
Old 01-10-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Welcome back Nuu! I'm back now too. 2015 was a very rough one. So good to see you
Old 01-10-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I know well enough now that those moments DO occur in sobriety also...but they ain't at the flick of a switch (or the sip of a glass).
They sure do. And they last much, much longer than any short lived euphoria a sip from a glass can provide.

Looks like a lot of folks remember you as do I. Good to see ya and read some well written literature on the threads.