Notices

I now know what 'floundering' means...

Old 01-08-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

U still here?
Old 01-09-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope you check in sm, please? we care about people around here.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry, I am good thank you. Just taking time to think things through. I know what you are saying is right-it is not okay or normal to feel this way.
It's very difficult when you are in the middle of it. I feel that I don't want to live, but I also feel that I don't want to want to live, if you see what I mean.
Of course it must be the booze. I am trying, that is all I can do.
Thank you all for your support, and I will be checking in again, no worries.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey smadams, im also 27. Thinking and always have, that i wont make it to 30. I do not have a spouse or children of my own, but i felt and still feel very very similar to your situation. I just recently made a thread about the same feelings... Almost as if its suicide by drinking yourself to death. Slowly and silently. I recently (very recently) decided its NOT what is the RIGHT thing to do, even if i feel it is. Logic should overrule emotion, but it often does not. Im only a few days sober, i hope you can try and stop. Everyone can do it. Its just how hard you fight i guess. I hope we both can make it.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey smadams,

While I'm not a doctor your post really seemed to be coming from a depressed perspective. I think you should see a Dr and start treatment immediately. Ive suffered from depression; treatment opened up a whole new world for me. I still suffer now and then but its no longer all encompassing. Drinking played SO much into my problems as well, the depression fed on drinking.
You sound like a smart person who really has a chance at healing, take the first step, see a Dr. to discuss your options. Keep us updated!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

For me until I got alcohol out of my system I couldn't really trust what I was thinking or feeling half time, as I didn't know was it really what I felt, or was alcohol blurring the lines.

I do know alcohol seemed to make me more depressed the more I drank, the problem was though I didn't realise a lot of that until I was Sober for a while looking back in hindsight.

SR is in your corner Smadams!! I'm sorry that you're feeling soo much pain right now!!
Old 01-11-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Smadams,

I'm not even going to pretend that I understand or appreciate what you're going through or the pain that you're in. I'm sincerely sorry for the trouble you find yourself in. I think the solutions to your problems are far beyond what anyone on this forum could formulate. I suppose in your position I would look forward to at least seeing my children grow up and become adults and have children of their own? I also know that I would have been crushed if I had lost my Mom at a relatively young age, particularly if it were completely avoidable.

In any event, if I were you, I would seek the help/advice of a skilled professional, that may better understand what may be driving your feelings and could help you understand them and help you develop some coping strategies. Kindest wishes to you.
This
Old 01-11-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in. Wish you the best.