Notices

A Weekender Reunion! 1-1 '16 pt. 2

Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Also going outside for even 15-30 mins works wonders.
I'm trying to go outside for a walk everyday regardless of weather.
Its really nice but sometimes I really have to force myself- which is ridiculous because I would spend HOURS drinking.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

If I do not work tomorrow (waiting for a call) I will pop out early and find some treats for myself that are healthy! My skin is terrible right now, as I reacted to my birth control - it actually hurts and is all over my face and neck and shoulders. Probably not as bad as I visualize it being, cos it hurts so damn much, but maybe I can go look for some nice treatments. Anyone have good suggestions? I have very dry skin by nature but due to the reaction to hormones I look like a freaking teenager - and no idea how to handle it, but my normal regimen is not helping!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I use very basic things, organic soap and water.
Then I use aveeno ( nothing with fragrance) and my expensive eye cream is vichy.

Drinking makes me breakout too, I didn't realize that.

Drink TONS of water, I drink a lot of hot water with lemon and my skin always seems to look really nice when I do that routinely
Old 01-04-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I am also making sure I am eating. I think I just forget to eat, especially if son is at his dads. I just do not think to cook for myself. Then HALT kicks in. EVERYONE at work mentioned I have lost weight, I had lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks before December. Came home and popped on the scale, and sure enough I have dropped another 5 lbs since 3 weeks ago. It is beginning to look very noticeable. I could stand to lose some weight, but I want it to be healthy loss, not this random loss. The doc said it is due to the reaction to the birth control, and although I have been off it over a week now, the effects could remain up to 6 months! I will disappear!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
saoutchik

CONGRATULATIONS BEHAN. You are a really good guy too so it is doubly heartwarming
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160104_232319.jpg (27.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-04-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Also going outside for even 15-30 mins works wonders.
I'm trying to go outside for a walk everyday regardless of weather for a walk.
Its really nice but sometimes I really have to force myself- which is ridiculous because I would spend HOURS drinking.
Exactly!! Right??
Old 01-04-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

A bath does sound wondeful tonight with some essential oils. I need to move my defuser to the room I am in also. I'd go to bed right now if I could! Darn those pesky kids. lol. I'm feeling a bit better. Picking out a new pattern to knit too.

Thanks for helping me off the edge! Glad to be going though this with you learning!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Learning, I can't take hormonal birth control because I don't like what it does to my body.
I have a non hormonal copper IUD that's been amazing- it's good for 5 years too.
Might be worth thinking about.
( sorry for too much info men)
Old 01-04-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
A bath does sound wondeful tonight with some essential oils. I need to move my defuser to the room I am in also. I'd go to bed right now if I could! Darn those pesky kids. lol. I'm feeling a bit better. Picking out a new pattern to knit too.

Thanks for helping me off the edge! Glad to be going though this with you learning!
Cool, Chick! I'm so glad you and Learning are posting! Love having you both on this crazy bus!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Yeah, I couldn't take birth control hormones either. I also used an IUD for most of my childbearing years.

Sorry not sorry, guys. We smile when you talk about cars, and ya know if it weren't for women taking care of birth control we'd all be up ish creek.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It's a quarter to midnight here and I have work tomorrow - holidays have spoiled my sleep pattern

I hope your first day went well Melina. They can be a bit awkward sometimes

Good to see you on the thread Della, i seem to remember that you are a few days ahead of me so you must have passed the one year sober mark too - congratulations to you as well (my apologies if you posted and I missed it)
Old 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Well, friends...the automatic outdoor lights have come on, and true to my word, I am going to bed! This was a killer first day back at work, and rather that obsess on it and the future, I'm going to watch something stupid on Netflix or Amazon and go to sleep. I do hope for days in the future when my job will not wear me completely out...but that day is not today! Lucky lucky kids who have other people as moms!!

See you all in the morning!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Night Bix. Sweet dreams and thanks again!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

Tetra - maybe you should have asked him if he was rich (I mean 90+ you shouldn't have to wait long)
Very funny Sao by the time I have thought of something funny the moment has usually passed. I was reminded of this episode of my favourite show where Bebe has to quit smoking to marry an eighty-five-year-old Texas millionaire Wilford S. Boone, who likes to be called Big Willy. I could not find the clip I wanted but this will do

P.S. Congratulations on one year Behan
Old 01-04-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Congratulations, Behan! Good work! And what a wonderful gift to give Finn and Mrs. B - sober daddy and husband!

Treats are a tricky one. I lost weight right away when I quit, because, well, wine has calories. I wasn't great about eating while I was still drinking, but I was bloated and about 10 pounds heavier than I wanted to be. I lost about 15 right away, but it's creeping back on because my treats for not drinking were ice cream and candy. I justified it - better than killing myself with booze. Now I want to cut down on sweet treats and find healthier things to treat myself with. I do like fancy bath stuff and skin care stuff - maybe I need to make a visit to Amazon. I also try to go get a pedicure once a month. That's a nice bit of pampering. And all this talk of baths makes me want to get into the tub. I'll do that after dinner!

Steak, brown rice, and broccoli tonight. Easy peasy.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

I went shopping in M&S today.
They are selling Valentine's and Easter things already.

*Sigh*

Does this relentless merry-go-round ever end?
Attached Images
Old 01-04-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hi guys..
not much new around casa HaF...I just made another delicious burrito. ..I'm on a burrito binge.
good day back at work today.I actually came home at 3pm and now I'm ready to go to bed. Snow is heading my way. I hope we get lots of it. I really should be living up north since I love snow. But I don't like really cold weather...
Old 01-04-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Mld...it's such a good idea to treat ourselves with non food things. I did the same thing, rewarded myself with ice cream and sweets. Now I'm determined to get a grip on that and lose some weight. Pedicures, baths, etc are much better treats.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...16-pt-3-a.html

D