Notices

I believe it's time

Old 12-03-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I believe it's time

Hi everyone. This is my first time on here and I can really relate to most of you guys. My last drink was 7 hours ago -- 2 beers. I have been binging since thanksgiving and I am really feeling it this time. I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday but I don't know if I should wait that long. I'm so scared I have really messed up my body this time. I just turned 30 and I really think it's time to stop. I've always loved to drink but the last 1-1.5 years it's been a problem and my body is begging me to stop.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome tans. You'll find lots of support here. It's good that you've scheduled a dr. appointment. That's a good start. But don't panic that's it's not until next week.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Tans
Old 12-03-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome.

You are in the right place.

You can do this!
Old 12-03-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Tans!!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. What is making you think you messed up your body? If your last drink was 7 hours ago and youve been binging then you are most likely hung over. Hangovers for me included anxiety and feeling like I was going to die.

But you can make it your last time being hungover. Are you interested in that? Do you want that? If so, then no better time to start than 7 hours ago.

Keep yourself well hydrated (i drank a lot of pedialyte at first) and keep some food in your stomach. Get plenty of sleep tonight and do it all over again. Its as simple as not picking up a drink, but it is as hard as not picking up a drink.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Hi and welcome. What is making you think you messed up your body? If your last drink was 7 hours ago and youve been binging then you are most likely hung over. Hangovers for me included anxiety and feeling like I was going to die.

But you can make it your last time being hungover. Are you interested in that? Do you want that? If so, then no better time to start than 7 hours ago.

Keep yourself well hydrated (i drank a lot of pedialyte at first) and keep some food in your stomach. Get plenty of sleep tonight and do it all over again. Its as simple as not picking up a drink, but it is as hard as not picking up a drink.
Hey.. I have a tingling going on in my body and it feels kinda cold. I woke up 4-5 times at night. I remember when before a hangover was just a headache but I guess drinking so much for the last 6 days has made me feel messed up.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support!!
Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Tans.

Glad you joined and yes it's time. Totally devote yourself to your recovery and don't let anything stand in your way.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome Tans!

I'm glad to see that you are logged in again. Read around and post often--it works if you work it!
Old 12-03-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tans View Post
Hey.. I have a tingling going on in my body and it feels kinda cold. I woke up 4-5 times at night. I remember when before a hangover was just a headache but I guess drinking so much for the last 6 days has made me feel messed up.
Hangovers get worse and worse and worse as time goes by...
Old 01-04-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Back to day 1 .. Bummer!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Tans, those of us that decided to rid our lives of alcohol all had a day 1, now come up with a plan or ask for help to get a plan in place so that you stay in control and do not drink again. For me this is a critical step.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this can be your last day one.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi!
Day 1 is the worst!! Sooo awful.
Just keep going, dee made a thread about making a plan, check it out; I felt like I was in more control with a plan.
Xoxo
Old 01-04-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Tans - what happened?

D
Old 01-04-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Turn and fight, and kill this this thing that is making you ill.

Listen to your body. Your body is wise. If it says "I've had enough," listen now while you're young and it still has a voice.

So, are you going to stay sober here tonight/tomorrow? What's your plan after that?

Please whip this. I'm 49 and could have posted this myself at 30. Trust me, you'll only get sicker. I always made sobriety like my third priority behind socializing, networking, and self-medicating my insomnia. Don't do like me. Make this your first priority now and stomp this problem into a pulp. No mercy. Don't negotiate with it. Crush it. Don't let it talk you into a compromise drinking arrangement. It's already made you feel sick. Time for it to go and never come back.

Post back and let me know how you're doing, please, okay?