Notices

A Musical Holiday Weekender Thread Dec 25th Pt.2

Old 12-26-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
and since I installed picasa, I can't post a pic here - I'm sure I could spend a couple hours trying to figure it out. But it is EVIL.
Hopefully I won't lose all my stuff when I try to uninstall it.
It basically 'corrupted' EVERYTHING!
Have you tried Photobucket? I picked it over Picasa. I'm not 100% thrilled with Photobucket, but I'm pretty satisfied with it. I can maneuver easily and figure things out quickly. It seems pretty solid.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
SP - I didn't know that they have equivalents - carry on, please)
Here, MB: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google...ts,_and_Slides

Google has Docs, Sheets, and Slides. They are like MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.

I have used them all and prefer them to MS Office. You can open any Microsoft file in Google Drive. Google Drive will do the conversion. That's why I prefer it, because it makes it easy to open any type of file and convert. And because it's free. No need to pay for upgrades. It's also web-based. It's accessible from anywhere, basically, not local to your hard drive, which takes up much space.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Since we're comparing....

Sinead nailed this Prince Song in this single Take. No Edits. She said the Tears were not planned. They just started flowing.

A kinda-funny bit of R&R Legend is that she had to call the L.A. Cops when 'The Diminutive One' showed up on her Doorstep, uninvited. Prince was reportedly pissed that she'd had so much better success with his Song than he did. Fabulous Audio Production on her Version, IMO. Hard to say where the Truth actually was on that Story...

- 'Nothing Compares 2U' ~ Sinead O'Conner' - 5:15 -
Old 12-26-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the new car, Bodhi. That's exciting.

I never went out on new year's eve. Pathetic amateurs. I never wanted to get out of control in public.

Just watched commercial for show called Recovery Road. Sex and the higher power. Young attractive addicts falling in love in a residential treatment center. Stupid forbidden love crap. I'll take a pass. I know where relationships started in treatment lead and it's not a pretty path.

Taking daughter to a friend's to play.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Love that song! It's like a license to cry and I always think of one guy in particular when I hear it.

I haven't updated to 10 yet so I'm following this convo closely. I'm not on my desktop very often anyway so not sure how much it matters.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening yall
Old 12-26-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hola folks,

Wrapping up Costa Rica today and heading back to Guatemala tomorrow. We'll have an early start, off to the air strip down here at 5am. Then I'll switch planes and stop in El Salvador before landing in GUA around 3pm tomorrow. Oh well, I've done it before and I'll do it again!

As I've been here in this Caribbean beach town all week, I remember as an active alcoholic how much drinking I did on prior vacations. When I got sober, I thought "How will I survive? EVERYONE drinks when they are on vacation!" -- not true.

Yes, everyone in the cantinas, pubs, and bars are drinking. That's where our eyes are used to focusing. But stop and look around: the other 85% of the folks aren't drinking. They are chilling at cafes, out hiking, surfing, birdwatching, zip lining, backpacking, swimming, and biking. It's so great to be a part of that 85%. I must admit it feels pretty good to ride past those bars and cantinas on my bike, looking forward to the day and leaving them in my dust!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Mecanix, RedAndy - I hope you are both above water at the moment
Old 12-26-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I am 1 year and 6 months sober today!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Congratulations melki. That's amazing!!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Congrats, Melki!!!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Congratulations Melki! That's great.

I'm poking around the house looking for my house keys. Don't know where they may have gone. Frustrating.

Husband and son still sleeping. Son got up and then when I sent him to his room for fighting with his sister, fell deep asleep. He must need it
Old 12-26-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Yay Melki!!
Old 12-26-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Whew. Just finished watching all of Making a Murderer.
Heartbreaking.

SIL is not out after all. The automatic call was generated last night because he was being transferred from one county to another. Got another one this morning saying he was returned to custody - so I checked with my daughter and she explained. The calls are not very specific.

Now I have to catch up on all the stuff I was supposed to do around here while I was binge watching.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Whew. Just finished watching all of Making a Murderer.
Heartbreaking.

SIL is not out after all. The automatic call was generated last night because he was being transferred from one county to another. Got another one this morning saying he was returned to custody - so I checked with my daughter and she explained. The calls are not very specific.

Now I have to catch up on all the stuff I was supposed to do around here while I was binge watching.
Haha! Omg! You watched the whole thing!!
Thats what happened to me yesterday.
The boy Brendan was the worst part
Old 12-26-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Definitely. So obvious he was used as a pawn to make the Steven Avery case stronger. Poor kid.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Well, I presume I am the only person here who have no major complains about Windows 10. I don't use Edge, still with Chrome.

I just love the new design better.
I don't have any major complaints with Windows 10 either. I've been using Macs since forever. My first computer was a Commodore Amiga 1000, in 1988. It was a great computer, way ahead of its time, but Commodore had terrible decision-makers and went virtually bankrupt.

I started with Mac PowerBooks and then MacBooks. I had a couple of the early iMacs as well, but the MacBooks did and do everything I need. I had a couple of second-hand windows laptops early on due to software compatibility issues, which have long been a thing of the past. I became a registered Apple Software Developer in 1998, so always got discounts on my Mac purchase. I think it was 20%, and we weren't supposed to sell our discounted Macs for at least a year.

I'm not what you'd call an Apple Fanboy, but I've never had a serious problem with them, including problems with security. I also learned how to work with, through and around software issues and to tend to minor hardware repairs.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Congrats, melki!

A year and a half is phenomenal! I hope you do something nice for yourself to celebrate! Get crunk on some chai

I need to watch this Making a Murderer now! Did you guys say it was on Netflix?
Old 12-26-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Yes, Melina, Netflix. Just be prepared to not get much done. Once you start, it's hard to stop.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Yes Melina, and prepare to lose your faith in humanity....
But you'll get in back once you return to SR