Notices

Please someone, I need serious help.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Pls, I feel your situation. Wasn't too long ago I had a hard time finding my givadam. I finally threw in the towel and took action. The job thing is no biggie. You may lose some days but not job--just tell them you need a week off. The unions here are quite forgiving with addiction, convicted felons cuz traditionally we are who built ...everything. You know what I mean. Anyhoo, read my last thread (Finally). It ain't polished but if I can do it anyone can. Best wishes on saving yourself--you are and in no time feel worth it.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Plssomeonehelp, based on your OP it sounds like your in pretty deep. I concur with everyone else that medical intervention will be necessary, and probably before the 10th if you can swing it. One thing I don't believe has been mentioned....surrender. You would benefit by surrendering to this disease as opposed to fighting it. And fighting it you are. Hard. I also agree that your co-workers know, they just aren't saying anything. Take some action bud, you'll be ok. Post often here, it helps.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The drinking actually what was fueling my anxiety and making me feel
paranoid and crazy--I drank more to silence it and made the cycle worse.

I cannot believe how much better I felt mentally when I had about a month of sobriety.

The "problems" of life were still there, but I felt calmer, mentally safer, and much
more peaceful.
I also started sleeping much better and that helped a lot.

You can break this cycle if you are ready to do whatever it takes to do so.
I really encourage you to try harder than you've tried to do anything.
There will be tough moments, but a great reward when you kick this worthless addiction.

Welcome to SR--keep reading and posting, especially when you can't sleep or have anxiety.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

way to late to edit but I meant to type: You are, and in no time will Feel worth it.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Plssomeonehelp!!
Old 11-21-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You seem to be giving your job a priority over getting sober. This makes no sense. Unless you do something about your drinking you will in all likelihood have no job and your prospects of getting another while drinking would be dim indeed. If you make sobriety your priority, get a detox as soon as possible, get a program of recovery started then things are bound to improve for you employment wise. Unless you do something about your drinking you would not only lose your job. You might very likely die if this goes on. Get to a detox as soon as possible. Not in two or three weeks. Now. Good luck.

W.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

P.S. Twenty seven years ago a nurse told me that she had seen patients die of cirrhosis and other patients die of cancer. She said she'd choose cancer any day. Much less painful than cirrhosis. If you put yourself under medical help right away your liver might very well recover as mine did. If not....
Compared to that, what sense does it make worrying about whether you will retain your job? Unless you get a detox right away you will probably die. At least that's the impression I get from your story. The doctors will help you detox safely and without too many unpleasant withdrawal symptoms, You have a chance to live, be happy, have a job. Or the certainty of having no job, very little likelihood of getting another and probably dying painfully. Which is it going to be?

W.