Notices

It doesn't really work anymore..

Old 11-19-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Kaily... tell you what come over to my house for long holiday you get blasted and I will walk around the house with a big metal pan and metal spoon.. fixed 2 of my kids.. yep.. everytime they go to over drink a part of their head starts pounding and they know Mom with the pan is not far off.. my Grand did that to Pop several times.. even when I was young.. helps. bam bam bam bam. sorry kiddo a little humor goes a long way.. you can do this Why cause Hon you are better then that .. now Stand Tall look yourself in the mirror and say oh Hell No Not that old Lady Clown and the pan. prayers hugs and a punch in the arm.. go team go. ardy
Old 11-19-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

The point I am trying to get across is that I have been told repeatedly by medics not to just go cold turkey in case I have seizures, living on my own that is a little scary .. Although today I am drink free.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good that you're not drinking. Keep it going.

You can always go to emergency if you feel out of control. They won't turn you away. You just have to get through the first few days, then your risk is lower.

Why don't you go to emergency today?
Old 11-19-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
The point I am trying to get across is that I have been told repeatedly by medics not to just go cold turkey in case I have seizures, living on my own that is a little scary .. Although today I am drink free.
I would never risk alcohol withdrawal without medication,
I have worked in a treatment center where every day and night we would have someone who would go into seizure.
Not a pleasant site let me tell and once we had an elderly man die from a seizure.
I have experienced 2 of them myself in the past, thankfully no long term damage as one of them was in Hospital while i was waiting for the damn toxicology report to come back before they medicated me and the other was in the entrance hall of a treatment center.
Don't be a hero especially if you are living by yourself.
Get yourself to A&E or GP. Alcoholic withdrawals can kill...
Old 11-19-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I have been to the GP today but again refused to give me anything for the same reason of me home alone..
I know I sound negative but I have tried many avenues it is so frustrating.
Some people have said just don't drink, I am very confused.
I can't go to A&E is its not as yet an emergency
Old 11-19-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I have been to the GP today but again refused to give me anything for the same reason of me home alone..
Yes it is an emergency, I have gone in several times in the past and presented my self as a person who wants to top themselves, That's all you need to do buddy, ask for the crisis intervention team and they will look after you, tell them your last drink was last night and you are worried you are going to go into seizure as u live alone.
All the more reason they will look after you until you get a bit of strength back. I've even rang ambulances while going into DTs and told them I had very bad chest pain when I hadn't the strength or the money for a taxi and when i got there told them i was going into withdrawal. Most of it was true apart from the chest pain...
Old 11-19-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can go A&E its most definitely an emergency & I understand about the Dr thing tell the hospital everything go with someone you trust they will help they helped me furthermore they have excellent links to getting help in London I got helped by 2 different organisations that were a great help

Kailey I'm really sorry that your getting shut down by the Dr but the hospital will help

It's amazing your sober stay sober and your on your way I got sober cold turkey it isn't advised but I was a litre of vodka a day and I went cold turkey wasn't fun but got through it
Old 11-19-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Kaily, it was so hard for me to quit, and I was drinking just about the way you are talking every day. After 40+ years of drinking, goin on 6 years sober now, so you can do it. Please never give up, rootin for ya.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I once had a Doctor who refused to give me Librium because I was swallowing them by the bucketful and my wife ratted me out but what he did do was give me a letter for to present at A&E.
It's taken very serious in Hospital for the first 2 to 3 days anyway but you'll come out feeling a lot better once you get the Vitamin B and possibly Potassium into you. you will recognise it as it is yellow in colour.
you will get possibly 3 bags IVed and they will give you relaxers to make life bearable.
A nice couple of meals and some therapy and let you out with a plan of action which always include AA meetings and Counselling.
Go for it, what you got to loose because before long you could succumb to the cravings..
Old 11-19-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

and when you get better, get rid of that GP and find another, problem is a lot of gp's have little or no training in alcoholism, especially the older ones.