Notices

Monday Morning feelgood thread

Old 10-19-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Monday Morning feelgood thread

This thread is getting kicked off with someone I just read about who just took my breath away feel free to comment or post your own feel good story I know Mondays arent the best day so I thought let's make Monday a Funday lol

Pittsburgh doctor dresses as homeless man to treat people living on streets | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-19-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!!

Old 10-19-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In my defense. ...the world was only taken over when the Cubs win the world series. (Please see Back to the Future 2)..... signed die hard cubbie!!!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Pk you made me laugh with that thank you

Thanks Badger & go Cubs !!
Old 10-19-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Excellent share, soberwolf.

I cannot imagine the plight of those who are homeless, living under bridges, etc., and thank God for this doctor and his mission to help those less fortunate.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone. Day 16 for me. Yikes ! Have a great day, sending out strength and love.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great article by the way Soberwolf.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Steve your doing incredible on day 16 #Awesome

Have a great day
Old 10-19-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Anaya I completly agree
Old 10-19-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Good Morning
i hope you all have a nice and sober day
am not up to much myself kinda recovery from eating a veggie hot one from pizza hut am regretting it now
unsure if am going out later on today see how i feel
Old 10-19-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
HCE

At work with a cola. Sleep until late afternoon then class tonight. Not too eventful but will do it sober! Have a great Monday.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ahhh, thx SW!

Monday! Always my favorite!

The plan was....wake up at 5a, to work at 530a for an hour.....then was going to go to the gym and start work again at 11am.

Well, woke up to find thats my schedule NEXT Monday! So.......had bunches of coffee, started meal prepping and will begin work at 730a!

Amazing how adaptable I am when I feel good! This would pissed me off to no end had it been a few months ago. I would've crawled back into bed and just been angry till 730a!

Have a happy Monday y'all!
Old 10-19-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's a beautiful morning and I feel great! Happy Monday.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about the pizza DM hope you feel better

Enjoy your cola & your class later after work HCE your doing awesome

Good stuff End have a great day & enjoy your dinner later on
Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everybody, only day 2 for me but not feeling too bad. I hate getting out of bed on cold mornings, lol, being hung over sure makes it worse though.
Have a great sober day.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone. Nobody likes getting up and starting the week. But what a blessing it is to get up and start a week without another hangover. Monday's always represent to me another new week- If you are waking up with a hangover- no better time than the beginning of a week to turn over a new leaf.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cool story SoberWolf. Homeless in PA in the winter....ugh, beyond hell. The first time I attended a publicly funded detox center was when I realized there is no difference between me and the homeless person. Frankly I didn't really ponder homeless people that much. I felt pain and compassion but I never thought 'they are just like me'. My city basically has no homeless people so I'm just rarely confronted with them. But when I attended detox probably 2/3 were homeless. Its was also a mental health ward so there were homeless mentally ill as well. It was crushing to me to see someone all cleaned up, given a bus pass and sent back to the streets. Try staying sober when that happens. I actually couldn't believe it. But dems da facts.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Morning everyone!
Sober mornings, even Mondays, are wonderful!
Old 10-19-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Cancelled Wedding Leads to Meal for Homeless - NBC News Here is another story about taking care of the homeless.

I remember when I was young we had very little money. My mom was a single parent, going through school to get her master's degree and working whatever jobs she could find. It was very hard, sometimes we would find bags of groceries on our doorstep because people knew how tough of a time we had. But we did have a roof over our heads, something to eat each night and a warm fire on cold nights. My mom always wanted to show me and my brother that we should be grateful for what we have and no matter how little we have to give, we always have something to give. At Christmas we would go to k-mart and buy gloves, hats and socks with what little extra money my mom had and then ride around town to hand these out to homeless people. We weren't able to buy many pairs, but the few people we were able to help were so thankful.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This Monday morning...

I feel good.

Yet I don't.

I feel so good that I'm not hungover. That I have no cause for shame, guilt, fear, anxiety, loathing of who I am.

I'm so glad that I am sober.

I don't feel good that I'm exhausted. That I meant to forego coffee and go work out instead - but I wound up dragging myself off to the coffeeshop because it was easier and more immediate and because I felt glum and sad and tired.

I don't feel good that I don't feel good. I don't feel good that I don't understand WHY. Is it SAD? Is it a recurrent period of trauma re-surfacing that I haven't yet identified? Is it just being a human? Is it a cycle of emotion that I need to learn to work through as part of continuing to deepen my sobriety?

I don't know. And I probably won't know right now, today, maybe ever. Maybe it's just a part of the journey and I need to be OK with not feeling good, while remembering to focus on the parts that do.

I'm glad for this feelgood thread. I feel good that I have a loving partner in my life and that I was able to greet her and spend a few moments with her this morning. I feel good that I have gainful employment and a paycheck and benefits and am not living in poverty and struggling to find a way out of it. I feel good that I have family and friends and my health.

I may not feel wholly good - but I'm glad I'm able to see the good that co-exists with the not-so-good.

Happy Monday everyone.