Notices

Need some support

Old 09-26-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Hi js,

Man I have sooooo been there! Glad you got through it. I am also a foodie, and spend a good deal of energy getting and preparing food. My old Sunday routine was getting up to cook brunch, turn on npr (public radio) and start "sugu" (Italian sauce). I always put wine in the sugu, added it around 1:00. So it was late enough to have a sip riiight?

Oh yeah I totally get the connection between cooking and alcohol.

The up side is it gets easier, and I totally enjoy cooking to npr without the booze. I don't put wine in my sugu anymore, either, and we all still love it.

Keep it up. You'll be fine. You're doing great!!!
Thats exactly what I do, radio and cooking- minus the wine now.
I'll stay away from wine recipes, I don't want to think of them right now!!
Thanks for your kind words xo
Old 09-26-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got through that. I used to cook with wine. Sliced my index finger up pretty good as a result. Sober's better.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah, I have a burn scar on my arm from pulling a roast chicken out of the oven while drinking and cooking :/
Old 09-26-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi JS -- sounds like you did great, getting through that one.

Cooking was a huge trigger for me -- because I would always uncork a wine bottle while starting to prepare food. I couldn't imagine cooking without drinking. I took a break from cooking for the first few months, on most days. Did take out, or cooked earlier in the day and ate leftovers, etc.

The good news was for me at least, this phenomenon passed. Now I can cook and I don't associate it with drinking anymore. So there's definitely a 'new normal', and its much easier to cook and entertain now, with no booze.

So hang in there!
Old 09-26-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tursiops999 View Post
Hi JS -- sounds like you did great, getting through that one.

Cooking was a huge trigger for me -- because I would always uncork a wine bottle while starting to prepare food. I couldn't imagine cooking without drinking. I took a break from cooking for the first few months, on most days. Did take out, or cooked earlier in the day and ate leftovers, etc.

The good news was for me at least, this phenomenon passed. Now I can cook and I don't associate it with drinking anymore. So there's definitely a 'new normal', and its much easier to cook and entertain now, with no booze.

So hang in there!
Awesome! I very much look forward to the new cooking thats not invaded by alcohol.
I wouldn't even eat what I cooked after, because I was too drunk and I would rarely eat while drinking, it interfered with the drinking.....