Notices

Stay sober here!!! Weekender September 25

Old 09-25-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I don't know. I'm still flying by the seat of my pants. I'm not much of a social planner.

I do know that it won't involve freeway driving, as there are lane closures all weekend. I have to keep that in the front of my planning.

Your weekend sounds nice.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Back home from work. I'm glad everyone's pets are feeling better.

Miss Ruby had a blood test to determine whether she's lactose intolerant. No results yet. Doctor advised us to give her a two day course of prevacid. Follow up in two weeks.

Of course, I bought ricotta and mozzarella to make stuffed manicotti. Different store than last weeks so I checked their ethnic food aisle. There was the salad cream. Sachets of Colman's chicken chasseur? Spotted dick which I'm going to have to Google. Wine gums and barley water. How is barley water?

Watching TV. Daughter out. Husband going to bed soon. I'm tired too.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Wow its hard to keep up with this thread. ..
I'll be curious to hear how the Prevacid works ruby.
I relate to the discussion of something missing...I think volunteer work is a great idea. I wish I could find a hobby that I'm passionate about. I think that is part of the problem. ..I don't feel passionate about much. Spent too much time drinking to really find out. Maybe now is the time. I do a couple of hours of volunteer work every other weekend. I need to add more. It does get me out of my crazy head for a while.
bigS...I thought you had plans to move wI think your curgent complex. If I was you, I would do it asap. It sounds so uncomfortable there. At least they are gone for the weekend so you can relax.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi, W'enders --

Ah, Friday. Settled in with orange rooibos tea, bad TV (preceded by a bit of the pope celebrating mass in NYC) and SR.

Big S, your neighbors sound dreadful. Not fair that you have to be the one to move, but at least you'll be away from them.

Henry the Cat looks like a charming fellow. I hope that he feels better soon.

Mesa, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. And the RV tensions. Thank you, though, for yet another heavenly image of the Great American West.

Earlier, I fruitlessly googled semi-freddy. Semi-freddo, on the other hand, looks delish.

Ruby, sending my best for Little Ruby.

I had *hoped* to be able to send before-and-after photos of the cabinet Dad restored for me. Getting the shelves in properly has proven a tricky task -- profanity has been uttered. All the more difficult given that I have only two hands. There are times and reasons I sometimes wish there was a Mr. Venecia; this is one of them. Will be back at the cabinet later.

Headed back home tomorrow to spend some time with my mother, who lives in my hometown with my brother and his family. She moved in with them about 10 months after Dad died, following a fall in the home where I grew up; it resulted in hospitalization and a decision that she could no longer live alone. The house is now for sale. I hail from a lovely rural community and it will be nice to be there for a night.

With any luck, there will be photos before this thread runs its course.

My best to all, especially those new to SR. Choosing sobriety is choosing a new and better life. Congrats!
Old 09-25-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
...holds the key

9:10pm. This is the latest I've been out on a Friday night in a while. Went to dinner with my godson and his mom. He was a perfect angel of course although there was a 'screamer' a few booths away. Yikes!

Sounds like everyone's weekend is starting off good. Still warm here. Still wearing sundresses and sandals. Can't wait to break out the sweaters and boots.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Have a nice trip, venecia
Old 09-25-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Ruby hope it is nothing serious with LMR.

My daughter got a job where I work. God help us.

How are things going Brynn? Thinking of you.

Have a wonderful trip home Venecia.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Can't wait to break out the sweaters and boots.
I can! I cling to summer until the very last minute, still wearing sandals and wishing the trees would stay green just a little longer!
Old 09-25-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Venecia, have a good trip home. It does sound ideal. I'm still wearing sandals.

BigS do you have access to the wasp nest? If it were to suddenly disappear while the disgusting neighbors are gone? We won't tell. I do like the idea of hurling the garbage bag at the nest.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Della, will you survive working with your daughter? I'd think that could be tough.

Little Miss is OK. Conked out now. Gymnastics tomorrow morning. Then my mother is lobbying to do something tomorrow. Fall festival at a farm? Carnival with rides at a church? Decisions, decisions. Mom and I have a symbiotic relationship. I have kids who need occupation on weekends and my mom wants to be occupied too. Provide mutual entertainment.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone. ..Grateful as always that I didn't drink on this Friday night. As a result. ...I'll have a good nights sleep and Saturday will be a good day. Thank you all for being here.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

HaF, good night! I hope you sleep well.

I'm heading to bed myself. See you all in the morning. Thank you all for being here.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Had nachos and watching documentaries
Heading to bed soon
Xo
Old 09-26-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey all ,
Saturday morning here in blighty , I hope people got through friday night .

To think 4 and a bit years ago i'd be worried about driving to the supermarket , trying to sober up all day but also desperately wanting to drink .

Sometimes i only lasted till about 11 am before i was off out to get drink , i made the family go shopping friday as soon as i got home so i had all weekend free to drink .
How uptight and tense i was sat in the waiting room at space cadet take off .

Now my weekends are relaxed but they still feel about 2 days too short

I doubt i'll ever live in the beautiful place Big S does or have an RV and land like MM but i can be sober, do a decent job for my wages , pay my bills , put something aside for the future .
Who's to say where that might lead ? with sobriety i have a chance to live , with drinking I was the walking dead .

m
Old 09-26-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning all... Up with the sun.... Eventually. The sun I mean.....

I will catch up after gym time.

K
Old 09-26-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I woke up way too early for a Saturday. Got a text at 4:30 from my guy friend. He's doing better. He's up early because he's going on a business trip starting tomorrow and he's got a funeral to go to today and has to pack for his trip and stuff. So he was kind enough to wake me up as well.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

12:21pm in for day 4
Old 09-26-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. I'm on the bus and getting a late start on the ride this week. Busy work week and late fall baseball game with my son last night, but all is well.

Great job on day 4 Cameron.

Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!
Old 09-26-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Date with a new lady who wanted drinks, nuh-uh. Its tough to socialize without drinks but it has to be done. I could have easily had one drink with the lady. Then ten more back home after. Not so pretty in the end methinks.

So it goes.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

It is tough to socialize without drinks. I'm not dating right now, but when(if) I ever do it will have to be established right away that I don't drink. If the guy has an issue with that, buh-bye.