Notices

God. An OD. Another wake up call.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Scott - I'm out of town for work right now, flying back to my home city on Monday. So I will leave work on Monday to go talk to somebody during the day.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm also making a doctor appointment right now for when I get back on Monday. Actually I'm going to take the day off to figure out what I'm going to do next. Talk to the counsellors and my doctor.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a good plan, M.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Moriah,

Whatever you do, do it sooner rather than later. It is a last ditch effort. You need to save yourself and get the help you so desperately need. . You were lucky this last time. Who knows about the next time? I am praying that you get help now. We don't want to lose you.

I lost a dear friend just a couple of weeks ago. I don't want to see this happen to you, too. Hugs and do what it takes. We all love you better alive than dead.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Stories like this remind me that i need to continue to work hard...day after day...making sobriety the most important thing in my life. If I take that first drink or drug I could go down the same path.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I made my dr. appointment and asked him to look up my emergency files from the hospital so he's prepared for a discussion on what i need to do next... we'll see what happens
Old 08-26-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like you are on the right track by getting things lined up for your doctor. I'm sure you know but it's worth repeating that there's someone here nearly 24/7 too if you need it. I believe you have used AA in the past too, is that correct?
Old 08-26-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yes Scott, I have and will continue to lean on that support until I figure out what the game plan is going to be going forward.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

EllDee & M,
Antabuse will make you sick eventually, but when you first drink on it you will get the regular drunken buzz., then the nausea a and headaches will set in, in a big way. Campral and naltrexone arebthe drugs that blocks the effects. One drug is a preventative scare, the other is a if-I-can't-feel-it-why-bother type drug. Two different schools of thought.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks Ingal that was helpful
Old 08-26-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
ElleDee - I guess I hadn't been taking it long enough for it to build up in my system?? I was only on 250 mg a day for a couple of weeks.

I dunno what else to say about that. I got a smashing headache and felt all flushed and sick but I did feel a buzz.

I do remember reading online that it makes alcohol ineffective too though so I will ask my doctor about that. Maybe I need a higher dosage.
Hi M
I'm new but wanted to say that I'm glad you're ok. I've been lurking here for some time and I think I remember a previous overdose. I do believe that you're being given many chances for a redo. I'm glad you're posting.
The antibuse I don't think lowers the affects of alcohol (I think that's naltrexone) but boy to drink through that. And a few weeks should be plenty. Amazing what we'll do to ourselves huh?
I'm assuming the overdose was a combo of alcohol and another drug. Please be careful. You really could die and how terrible would that be?
Old 08-26-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're still with us Myrrrah,

I'm glad you're back here, but I'm even more glad you're looking at other options too.

This thing wants you dead Myr... so it makes sense to me to try everything that's available to you, all the way up to and including inpatient rehab.

D
Old 08-26-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're back moving forward with a second chance. Presumably, you had a mixture of an opiate (the use of Narcan) and alcohol?

My son passed away last year from a mixture of vicodin and oxycontin. His alcohol blood level as .05, not really high, but enough to throw a match to the gasoline of the deadly combo of painkillers. He was clean for a few months, then relapsed hard and fast, and ultimately died. Painkillers and other opiates of the same ilk are no joke. Breathing will stop, then the heart and then fluid fills up in the lungs.

I'm sharing his story because I want people to know how easy it is to die. One more pill and one more sip of vodka can land you at death's door. I don't want to see another young life ended by the hideous disease of addiction.

I'm so glad you're reaching out to us here. Please stay. I wish you well and look forward in supporting you and sharing in your journey of sobriety.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Really scary stuff M, I am so glad to read that you are back posting. Please keep us updated as to how your appointment goes on Monday.
Take care of yourself.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-27-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Very scary, Mrrryah! You got really lucky! I know you've been trying really hard to get sober. Don't give up! You obviously still have things left to do in this life, and only so many second and third chances. I'm glad you are okay!