Notices

Recovery...

Old 07-30-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My second STI
Old 07-31-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The last few months, my daughter could tell right away when I'd been drinking and it made her scared and angry. I hated seeing that. I can tell that every time I come home sober now, she is very relieved, and that encourages me to stay on the right path. Also, the drinking was making me extremely tired and lethargic. I already feel such a BIG difference, and I'm only on day 11. I had no DUIs, no job loss, and no significant health or financial problems because of my drinking, but the relationship and spiritual costs were very high. Definitely not worth a bottle of wine or two! Glad I figured that out sooner rather than later, and I thank SR for that!

Delfin
Old 07-31-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
The last few months, my daughter could tell right away when I'd been drinking and it made her scared and angry. I hated seeing that. I can tell that every time I come home sober now, she is very relieved, and that encourages me to stay on the right path. Also, the drinking was making me extremely tired and lethargic. I already feel such a BIG difference, and I'm only on day 11. I had no DUIs, no job loss, and no significant health or financial problems because of my drinking, but the relationship and spiritual costs were very high. Definitely not worth a bottle of wine or two! Glad I figured that out sooner rather than later, and I thank SR for that!

Delfin
That is excellent, I am so happy to hear it!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome Enoughisenough. Great community with a ton of support here.

I fall into the category of quitting drinking because I didn't want to die. I became so dependent and tolerant of alcohol that I began justifying drinking in the mornings and at work. I would find ways to rationalize this lifestyle. All of this was also years after the doctors diagnosed me with fatty liver disease.

I had to begin to live again, for myself and for my family.

It's a tough journey, but the best decision I have ever made.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum EnoughIsEnough!!

For me I could see my life spiralling through alcohol, and knew I needed to get off the train before it crashed!!