Notices

i'm on my last leg

Old 08-28-2004, 01:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
just j

Hi Margaret Ann,

Did you go to the meeting last night? I am so interested in people's first experience in going to a meeting. I am still trying to get up my nerve to go to one.

Just tackle staying clean today. The dishes and laundry will be there tomorrow. You may wake up tomorrow feeling totally different. Watch something happy and funny on TV. Just take care of yourself today and don't worry about domestic responsibilities.

Best, J
Old 08-28-2004, 02:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No I didn't go. And I don't see me going tonight, either. I'm justt wollering in my pity tonight. I'll snap out of it, hopefully soon. Husband is kinda worried about me and us.It's only been a couple of days. I've been to AA in the past. The people in there are really sympathetic and supportive, You really need to try it. it's very interesting.
I guess I'm really one to talk, I just lay here feeling sorry for myself. I am still sober. that's a plus. thanks for your concern. how many days for you? 3 for me.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i'm sorry ya'l i am weak
i'll probable see you in a month
Old 08-28-2004, 06:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Its got nothin to do with strength , its about being powerless over alcohol . . Tommorow is another day for you to try again ..prayers ^ Trish
Old 08-28-2004, 06:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
just j

Margaret Ann, Stay with us! You can do it just one day at a time. You already have three! Day 3 was hard for me. Today is Day 6 and I feel so much better and stronger already.

I just keep coming back and reading and sometimes posting but mostly reading. It helps so much and keeps me busy. I don't really need anything more to keep me busy because I have three kids here to do that! But sometimes that can be the kicker! :yell:

Anyway, you are much stronger than you feel right now. It is ok to feel sorry for yourself for awhile. Just plan what to do next when you are feeling stronger. Meanwhile, stay sober with us!

Best, J