Notices

i'm on my last leg

Old 08-27-2004, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i'm on my last leg

hello everyone, My name is Margaret Ann and I am a addict. Just lost another job, due to my cocaine addiction. I don't know where to turn.
I'm not suicidal, I couldn't do that, but the thought is crossing my mind. I know i could never do it. Please if anyone will just talk to me. God, this sounds pathetic.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Margaret Ann, I'm Dan. I'm an addict too. I lost a job and almost a lot more. Still haven't worked a full time job in almost a year. But I kicked, with some help, and I somehow made it to today.
Nothing pathetic about hitting a bottom. This might be it for you.
I'm glad you posted.
Let's figure this out.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
just j

Margaret Ann,

I am Jalyn and only on day 5 in staying sober by not drinking any alcohol. You are certainly not pathetic. There is a part of this site that has help for drug addiction that you might want to check out. I have so much admiration for the people here that are kicking addiction by hard work and helping each other. Stay here and figure out what the best first step it for you and then do it. You are worth the effort!

Best, J
Old 08-27-2004, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Margaret Ann,

I'm Anna, recovering alcoholic and I'm so glad you found us. SR is a great place to come for support and understanding.

The disease of addiction really messes with our lives doesn't it? But, you can regain control and feel good again. I hope you hang around and get to know us.

Love, Anna
Old 08-27-2004, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome Margret Ann , Trish addict here . I too was addicted to the drug you shared about . I have been clean alittle over 9 months now . I am here to tell you there is hope . I use AA as my method of recovery there is NA also . The program works if you want to stay clean you can .Prayers to you .. Trish
Old 08-27-2004, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

http://www.nanashville.org/
Get a meeting here Margaret Ann.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome

to SR, Margaret Ann. No way are you a loser, just have something in common with all of us. I'm Ken and I'm an alcoholic. Different drug, addicted just the same.

Hope you find strength here and maybe in NA (thanks for the link, Dan)....

Keep coming back and stay in touch......you can do this.

Ken
Old 08-27-2004, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Margaret Ann
So glad you found SoberRecovery...
You will find alot of support and understanding around here to help you deal with your addiction.
My name is Kel and I am an addict who's drug of choice was alcohol.
Hope you will check out the meetings in your area via the website Dan posted.
Reach out...I know that for me personally, I have found again and again that I can NOT do this thing by myself.
Big Hugs to you
We are here for you.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

WHAT CAN I DO?
Begin your own program by taking Step One from the previous chapter "How It Works". When we fully concede to our innermost selves that we are
powerless over our addiction, we have taken a big step in our recovery. Many of us have had some reservations at this point, so give yourself a break and be as thorough as possible at the start. Go to Step Two, and forth and as you go on you will come to an understanding of the program for yourself. If you are in an institution of any kind, you have gone through complete withdrawal and have stopped using for the present. Now, with a clear mind, try this way of life.
Upon release, continue your daily program and contact a member of N.A. Do this by mail, by phone, or in person. Better yet come to our meetings. Here you will find the answers to some of the things that may be disturbing you now.
If you are not in an institution, the same holds true. Stop using for today. Most of us can do for eight or twelve hours what seems impossiblefor a longer period of time. If the obsession or compulsion becomes too great, put yourself on a five minute basis of not using. Minutes will grow to hours and hours to days and so you will break the habit and gain some peace of mind. The real miracle happens when you realize that the need for drugs has in some way been lifted from you. You have stopped using and have started to live.
    Old 08-27-2004, 10:37 AM
      # 10 (permalink)  

thanks

thanks for the support everyone. i found a na meeting tonight at 7:30pm
    i believe i will attend it.
    Old 08-27-2004, 10:53 AM
      # 11 (permalink)  

Margaret...
    That's the spirit, take the bull by the horns and make some positive changes for yourself.
    Please do go to the meeting, there will be others there that have walked in your shoes.
    Old 08-27-2004, 11:01 AM
      # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs Margaret!! Im Moontime and Im an addict. The feelings and cravings pass. I agree with the rest get to an NA meeting ASAP. Jobs will come and go, it's your life that NA will save. If you stay clean you are destined for greatness, I truly believe that. ~Lost Dreams Awaken and New Possiblities Arise~
    Old 08-27-2004, 12:31 PM
      # 13 (permalink)  
    garden variety alcoholic

Just a Job

Jobs come and go. I lost the best job that I will probably ever have 6 years ago. And I still wasn't done. It had to get worse before it got better.

Going to a meeting tonight is a great start.

Tell us your thoughts about it tonight or tomorrow morning.

And ask yourself

" am I done ? "
    Old 08-27-2004, 12:32 PM
      # 14 (permalink)  
    garden variety alcoholic

...... and my higher power loves losers, especially those that can't love themselves.
    Old 08-27-2004, 12:40 PM
      # 15 (permalink)  

thanks Gutter, It's hard to love yourself when yourself is so screwed up. I'm like a lost puppy that doesn't know how to find herway back home.
    Old 08-27-2004, 12:42 PM
      # 16 (permalink)  

Moontime nailed it; jobs will come and go but it's your life that NA will save.
    Hi Margaret I'm Rowan and I'm an alcoholic. You are no longer alone (although maybe it feels that way). The people here will point you in the right direction and will be there for you when you need them most. They have been a wonderful addition to my program of recovery which includes AA. I would not have the quality of life that I have today were it not for meetings, and the fellowship of other alcoholics and addicts. You don't have to do this alone. Have faith. Please keep coming back we need you here.
    God Bless
    Love Rowan
    Old 08-27-2004, 12:44 PM
      # 17 (permalink)  
    Dan

Originally Posted by nashvilleloser
    thanks Gutter, It's hard to love yourself when yourself is so screwed up. I'm like a lost puppy that doesn't know how to find herway back home.
    That's why I absolutely had to find my way into the rooms of AA and NA. These people loved me until I could love myself again.
    And I remain, to this day, very grateful for that.
    Old 08-27-2004, 01:49 PM
      # 18 (permalink)  

great first step! Good for you!

Ken
    Old 08-28-2004, 06:50 AM
      # 19 (permalink)  
    JUST FOR TODAY

Welcome Margaret Ann, glad ylou found us and to let you know, there are plenty of people here to help. As you have already seen. No, nothing pathetic about someone asking for help. Everyone has to start somewhere, and we all started taking the first step, which is, asking for help. It is in the halls that I found hope, and today am learning a new way to live. I also found hope here too for there are a lot of caring people. Keep coming back and let us know how you are doing. Keep going to f2f meetings also. Good luck and my prayers are with you.

God bless,

Harry
    Old 08-28-2004, 10:31 AM
      # 20 (permalink)  

Hey ya'll, I just can't seem to get motivated (at all). Just lay around flipping channels and come in here to the computer. I finally managed a shower. thank God. I have dishes in the sink, clothes need washing, etc. etc. But I can't seem to handle it.
    This is bad. Really bad.
    What the hell is wrong with me?