Old 06-22-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Here's another oldie!

Old 06-22-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Maybe I'm getting old?? lol
Old 06-22-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yep, he is resilient. He does need my influence in his life though, he is surrounded by women mainly (no offence lol). Actually my drinking didn't come into the court case. I brought it up as it was part of the story as to why access stopped, but nothing to do with the reason (my ex tried to flip that into the reason which is something I will never forgive her for).As for the 'fight' word. Yeah this and all fights had better end soon. Thats what I was saying in the homeless shelter, I just have no fight left in me. For anything. My whole life has been a fight pretty much on some level. All F'n levels. Pffft. Anyway. Yep that's one from my day. You ever hear this CD? One great release, it was by far my favorite. Real class and a live set too...

The magic starts at about 7:30 on that. Ahhhhhhh! Many a tear was shed to that build up & drop. And even still another, works every time. Any sunny day that my parents would P' off when I was a younger you could be sure to find me out in the garden blasting those CD's. Feet up, "enjoying life". Well, trying to anyway. Oh yeah I completed a draft for a new set today (a very rare occurrence) the Christian one. It's flawless I think, will give it the full listen again tomorrow as I was interrupted earlier today. I suppose then today is a good day also! Edit: Children is on that mix CD actually! The courtyard version, max emotionals. Another tearjerker! Big moment in time that one was, quite a glorious breakdown. Heavenly tunes...

Old 06-22-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I saw Oakenfold here in Toronto back in 97' I think?..... solid set. I'd love to hear your new set once you've finished it.

I've had a great day too. I opened my sign business back up.... got all the old equipment out and got it all working again.... been cutting vinyl all day to install on a truck later this week and listening to music. Gonna make some secret cash! lol

Hopefully you have a good judge who will be able to see through the bs.

I wasn't suggesting that your drinking was a part of your case.... I was giving you a nod for getting sober
Old 06-22-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Old 06-22-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Strat I'm glad to hear your good news. As the embarassed veteran of two divorces I've been in the same spot you were in today. A smarter person than me told me, "You be rational, reasonable, peaceful and honest. Who she is will come out. She can't contain it. Other rational, reasonable peaceful and honest people will see right through her bs." And they did. All of them.

You're doing the right thing. When they're older, your child/children will value how you were always steady and consistent and were always the rock.

Be the Rock and keep up the good work.

OMB
Old 06-22-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I saw Oakenfold here in Toronto back in 97' I think?
He was the master around that time. I cannot recommend that 'Cream Resident' CD enough it a timeless selection, it was his last set at Cream actually recorded live. I'm aiming to get this mixtape finished by the weekend for the kid, I don't have my pro headphones here though (it's doing my head in, I've been trying to get them especially for 6 months, but I will not ask my mother) so I can't really 'finish finish' anything much. Haha thats good, you will have to treat yourself. David August he's good, I'l check it out. Do you remember this?

The lads used to go mad for and to that one! Suitably daft
Old 06-22-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

David August he's good

The thing that impressed me is that he plays the whole set without headphones! I haven't seen too many dj's do that.

I will download the "Cream Resident" cd.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

He's playing his own music out live so. Loops & samples (cool)

Another one off that Cream CD, a heavy hitter but a bit dark.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ownmybehavior View Post
Strat I'm glad to hear your good news. As the embarassed veteran of two divorces I've been in the same spot you were in today. A smarter person than me told me, "You be rational, reasonable, peaceful and honest. Who she is will come out. She can't contain it. Other rational, reasonable peaceful and honest people will see right through her bs." And they did. All of them.

You're doing the right thing. When they're older, your child/children will value how you were always steady and consistent and were always the rock.

Be the Rock and keep up the good work.

OMB
Thanks for the advice OMB. Yeah, now that I'm sober and I know what the courts purpose and interest is (pretty much the same as mine) and that she hasn't got a hidden hand I'm a lot more confident. I've been all over the place the last few years, and more besides. I need the court. I had run-ins with the law when I was young so I just saw them as another authority figure who were there to wreck the vibe. An immature view, I'm no longer afraid.

And I am pretty solid around the kid actually, very much so. I wasn't sure what I was looking for initially, just to make some contact to let the child know I was ok (he was worried I know from talking to him on the phone a few times). Now that I know for sure that the court will be looking beyond her mercedes and penthouse etc (gifts from her father incidentally) and to what's important, I am definitely all ears. Cheers, hope you're keeping on.