Notices

Hey Chums...Day 1 here...

Old 06-27-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Ohhhh my, (((Strategery)))...your're so good to me...I think I'am going to cry !

You too (((Opivatol))). (sniff, sniff).

Lots to report about yesterday and today (19 & 20) but later. Been busy and it has been feeling GOOD !

I promise a report later. I wont nod off again like last night ! :-)

DD
Old 06-27-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

News FLASH !!!...DD has20 Days !!!

Hiya Gang...Yesterday AND today (can you believe...2 days in a row) have been UP days ! The last week or so have really been down or in-different days and I was getting really discouraged ! the last couple of day's, I'am very glad to say, my AV has been silent once again. Not a peep !

I did, indeed go out with the boat yesterday with a friend of mind, who took his boat along also. After not being on the water in so long, I needed to shake the rust off "all things nautical"...from launching and retrieving the boat as well as operating. He brought his boat along to kinda run "chase" with me in case something happened. (like my motor blowing up ) !

After a while, we were pretty sure my boat would run and he beached his boat and tied it off, got into my boat and made some carb adjustments while underway. That just made my boat run better and increase fuel efficiancy. Kinda like a tune up, if you will. I'am very grateful for his help.

The whole experience and the day itself was a "Breath of fresh air" ! My eye's were opened to what I have missing for sooooo long ! Being out on the water and in the fresh air and soaking up the sunshine was like an "Awakening" to me. It did my soul good ! My friend was so helpful and so willing to help me and to give of himself that I just felt sooo grateful, blessed and uplifted ! Things I have not felt in many years !

By the way. My friend does not drink. We go to the same Church so I did not feel threatened or pressured at all. I just had the most fun I have had in many,many years ! I had my best nights sleep in many years as well, last night.

So, I got up today feeling wonderful ! I worked in my garden for a while this morning and got some things done that I "eluded" to in earlier posts and it felt soo good to get these out of the way.

There is a quote by someone (I cant remember who) That simply says that our stress and worry and anxiety does not come from all the things that we must do...but more from the things that are undone...or started and never finished. I believe this. I will try to find this quote and post it here.

So thats pretty much been my Day 19 and 20. (Friday and Saturday)

Oh...and I went to the grocery store this evening and got a few things...but most importantly, I bought a Carrot Cake. You see, my Carrot cake in the fridge, reminds me when we have online meetings here on SR. I ran out of Carrot cake Thursday evening. I missed the meeting Friday evening.

I must never...EVER run out of Carrot Cake again!

(That works for me)

VERY Boldly Onward to DAY 21...and BEYOND !

DD

Old 06-27-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on day 20 Dave

D
Old 06-27-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I relate so heavily to your cognitive function decline. As someone who sort of enjoys their brain, I have a real penchant for breaking it straight in two. With me, it's sort of a dramatic decline for the time I'm using. With often weird, nonsensical raving text messages that I can make neither heads or tails from. The brain has a lot of elasticity and can make up for lost time quite well. It's good to know another person on here that's experiencing some of the same stuff that I am .
Old 06-28-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Congrats on 20 days Dave!

Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed being out on the water with your friend.

That is awesome you keep carrot cake around to remind you of the meetings. I was going to post lots of the coffee guy smiley, but I can't find him. I hope to see you at the meeting Tuesday!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Way to go, Dave!!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post

The whole experience and the day itself was a "Breath of fresh air" ! My eye's were opened to what I have missing for sooooo long ! Being out on the water and in the fresh air and soaking up the sunshine was like an "Awakening" to me. It did my soul good ! My friend was so helpful and so willing to help me and to give of himself that I just felt sooo grateful, blessed and uplifted ! Things I have not felt in many years !

Hold on to that, Dave. It will take you far.

Trust that good times are better when we're awakened. And trust that bad times will be far more easily endured when we're awakened. I'm convinced both play an essential role in long-term sobriety.

It's called living in the solution.

I'm proud of you.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Dave 20 days is amazing
Old 06-28-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi DD, that's sounds pretty cool. A day on the water that was genuine. Thumbs up to 20 days.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi Chum's...Day 21 and reporting in.

Been a pretty low keyed day and that has been fine with me.

Been working on the boat, loading up, gassing up and hooking up. Lots of water, some ice, a few soda's and some sandwiches....oh, and a slice of Carrot cake too. No...REALLY !

Got all the fishing gear and bait loaded as well...soooo I'am good to go.
Been looking forward to this fishing trip for a long time now and cant really believe it's happening!

I'll be heading out, offshore about 8-10 miles to some reefs I used to fish and will work my way back in. The weather should be OK but will be keeping a close eye on it. I'am really excited...

...and scared to death at the same time.

So. Time to get to bed. Busy day tomorrow. I will keep you posted on how things workout.

So...Boldly on to Day 22...and Beyond !

DD

Old 06-29-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Well...I just posted (tryed to) my Day 23 report an error of somesort lost it. The whole thing.

I'am not going to post it again. I'am too tired. Maybe tomorrow.

It was a good day. I'll tell you about it later.

Thank You everyone for your interest and support.

More to come later.

DD
Old 06-29-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work Dave! I hope you caught lots of fish and am glad you had a slice of carrot cake!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

So very proud of you Dave xx
Old 06-30-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Good job Dave!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hey Gang...one more try at Day 23 report Fishing !

This will be a combination Day 23/24 Day report.

Got the boat in the water and went out to some favorite reefs as I remember them. The furtherest was about 12 miles out. Weather was ok. Could have been better. Wasnt real smooth but I was safe.

Got a few nice fish and lost a ...BUNCH ! The prize was a nice Cobia and a couple "Dorado's"...In a resturant they are know as "Mahi Mahi" Very good table fare.

About noon the wind picked up a little. Not bad but it didnt take long to feel..."Queezy" ! WHAT was this all about...I felt, well,...not good !

WTF ??? I havnt been sea sick since I was a kid !...but then again, I have'nt been fishing in the ocean for over 7 years ! I needed to find my "Sea Legs" again ! I was TOTALLY NOT expecting this !!!

It helps to have a visual reference to something stable, like the horizon...so thats what I did. I came on in closer to shore where I could see it and was feeling a little better.

All in all it was a very fun day ! I was just kinda "Blindsided" by the "Queezy" thingy. It goes away but you have to endure it until it does. A few more trips out to face my "Fears"...of getting sea sick and it should go away pretty quick and will probably never bother me again.

Kind sounds a lot like our "Mutual Nemisis"...alcohol, does'nt it ?

It comes on you when you least expect it (Cravings). It CAN be defeated by facing it and putting your fears to the side and enduring the discomfort for a littlewhile. Soon it will be a thing of the past...never to "Haunt" you again !

Just remember...it really helps to have some "Stability" in your recovery. Such as the horizon was for me when sea sick, stability in sobriety can be a well thought out plan of action, AA, Rational Recovery or SMART Etc. What ever source of stability works for you !

I'am looking forward to going out in my boat again. But, this time, I'am on a mission. I'am out to defeat a foe ! Bringing home the fixings for a nice fish dinner is just the bonus !

More later gang ! Thanks for tuning in !

See you at the meeting tonight !

Boldly Onward to Day 25 !!!....

DD

Old 06-30-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I bet you get your sea legs back real soon, Dave.

Sounds like a wonderful day out on the water.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm jealous. used to have a boat on the gulf. I miss deep see fishing more than anything. Mostly red/black grouper, snapper and of course tarpon.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I love your analogy with the seasickness and stability. Keep up the great work! I always find inspiration with your words here.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Thank you Strategery. I dont know where that came from. I just keep banging away and sometimes a "message" just comes to mind and it kinda "parallels" the subject that I'am trying to convey to the reader so I just run with it.

Sometimes however, I just let it run too far !...as in "Long winded" !

Fun meeting last night, huh?

DD

(Carrot cake was good too).
Old 07-01-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Dave