Notices

Hey Chums...Day 1 here...

Old 06-15-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks for your concern Dee. I'll keep him in mind.

"This too shall Pass"

DD
Old 06-15-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Just a brief update.

My allergy's are giving me a fit today and it has carried over into tonight. I got some sleep earlier this afternoon and that may have been a mistake. I fear I may not sleep tonight. My days and nights are mixed up enough as it is without this !

So...Doing what I can. I have nothing in the house to temp me. I saw to that on Day 1. Going out to get some is not an option either. I just dont feel "Up to it" !...so I must not be needing anything that bad. GOOD !

So...Iam setting here, wallowing in my misery and watching "Father Martin" video's. If you not familiar with Father Martin and his "Chalk Talks" He is a Catholic Priest (now deceased) and a recovering alcoholic of many years. Check him out on You Tube.

I've been "snortin" Saliene solution (OTC) all evening trying to make my nose feel better and dry it up. It helps a little. Very little.

Well, enough of my whining and crying for now. More later. LOL (that didnt come out quite right but I'll leave it alone. LOL).

Goodnight

DD

Old 06-16-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Just came across your thread Dave. Thanks for sharing and you are doing great. You're so right...

Life has its good, bad and indifferent days; sober or when drinking. Sounds like you have a great perspective on this whole thing. As long as you realize that every day isn't going to be a bright ray of sunshine and you are better off sober, then you are one step closer to being on the "good side" of today.

Hope your allergies start to subside. I've got terrible allergies too but they are giving me a break right now. Although the June heat on the FL Gulf Coast is another story!

Stay strong and keep posting.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Dave, my allergies are in full swing this week.

I thought it was a cold as well ! Felt awful... I can sympathize. I take Allegra D .. over the counter, but of course it's best to check with your Doctor.

Hope you're feeling better today.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thank you for your input.

CCAM...Yes this June heat is very unusual 96 today and the wind has been off the ocean ! It is VERY unusual for it to be this hot with a "Sea Breeze". When it's this hot, wind is usually out of the North West. Hope that TS doesnt cause any problems for you.

Opivotal...I use a Wally World Generic that contains the active ingredient that is in Zyrtec. I guess thats how you spell it. Just tried it for the first time yesterday...didnt do much for me.

The GOOD news however...I feel so much better today compared to yesterday. I'am getting over this allergy attack. I'am glad !

Hope to see you two at the meeting tonight. I hope to see ME at the meeting. I'll have to write myself a note right now !

'til then...

DD
Old 06-16-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Inspirational thread my man. You're doing good work and I wish you the best.

OMB
Old 06-16-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I have never heard of Father Martin. I will have to check him out. Thank you! I hope your allergies go away soon. Keep up the great work! It's awesome to see you getting through each day!
Old 06-16-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Congrats on your Day 8, Dave! Hope you recover from your cold shortly
Old 06-16-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Try this one for starter's. It's about "Gratitude".

The video is a little dated but...the message is still the same !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lWeWu-Mpo

Hope you like it. I do.

DD
Old 06-16-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work, Dave!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Dave for posting this and updating us on what's going on. You sound great. I've been doing cross word puzzles for mental exercise. It seems to help.

Keep going!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Dave, I can sympathize with you about the allergy problem; just makes you feel miserable. Hang in there; they will get better.
You are doing great by the way..keep up the good work. I know you must be very proud of yourself, as you should be! Way to go!
Ring
Old 06-17-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Chums. Welcome to my Day 9/10 !

Iam so glad you are here. What is "Day 9/10" ? Simple really. I didnt post my Day 9 report and today is Day 10. WHOOOHOOOO !!! Double Digits !

I fell asleep after the meeting last night. Yes...right here at the computer! Woke up about 4:30am Sore, stiff, and feeling... Stoopid !
I took another Allergy med last evening and started taking my B1 Meds also (I had run out of the B1). Anyway...both make me drowsey and both at the same time just knocked my butt OUT ! LOL.

Sooooooo.....with that said. Day 9 was MUCH better than Day 8 The Allergies had let up a lot but I was still not 100%. The heat is still with us and I have pretty much been Hibernating inside the last few Days.
97F...36.1C to give you an idea. supposed to get hotter too and stay with us for the next WEEK !

So now, It is officially Day 10 ! I'am getting "Antsey" because a BIG part of my early Sobriety/Recovery program has to do with getting OUT of my "Comfort Zone" here, inside my "Cocoon" and getting into my "Achievement Zone" Out "there" outside into the great big WORLD full of amazing opportunities to GO...and DO...and to explore and rediscover my long lost passions and interest's that used to be my reason's for awakening to everyday and the reason to get out of bed and be ALIVE !...but it has just been toooooo d**ned HOT ! I know. WHAAAAAAA !

BUT!...rest assured, this too shall pass. It cant stay this hot forever ! but in the meantime, I will workout a plan to get around it. At the YMCA (I mentioned this on past posts), it's not 97 degrees inside! (the swimming pool is only 82F) what a fantastic opotunity ! See !
It's just time to stop making excuses and start to "Practice what I preach" !

On a lighter (good) note. Allergy wise I feel 100% better today. I'am getting excited again about all the possibilites open to me to pursue.
I really want to take the boat out...sober and get some fishing in. I used to love fishing out in the ocean before my alcohol days got out of hand and intend to get back into that. Not only is fish good for you...fishing (the way I fish anyway) is good for you as well ! My last blood work at the Drs. office said my Vitamin "D" was low (still). Well. I have a fix for that. 2-3 miles offshore in a boat by myself is a perfect time to get some sun on my bunn's ! Literally. LOL HEY....aint nobody gonna see me ! Oh...and lose that "Mental Picture" !...it aint a pretty sight !

So...enough "Babbling" for now. I think the last few day's my "Pink cloud" kinda dried up but I think it is back today. Interesting. Is it possible for that "Little Pink Cloud" to come and go? Of course it is! Remember when I mentioned "Good, Bad and Indifferent" kind of day's?...thats all it really is.

Early in sobriety give yourself a fighting chance at least ! I've been reading a lot of posts from people that seem to be so "locked" into family "drama" that they fear for there sobriety and to an even greater extent, there own sanity ! Sometimes you just have to back off and disconnect !

In the early days of sobriety we are all vulnerable to others "good intentions" even when they say the most hateful things. We think we have to believe in there rubbish ! Absolutly NOT ! Even when they seem "persistant" Avoidance of many situations, encounters and yes, people is really the best action to be taken ! If it upsets or angers anyone, then that is just proof positive that you are not jumping through the hoops they expect you too !

It's the same thing when people want you to drink ! Family is notorious for this. At family functions if anyone is drinking they expect EVERYONE to be drinking. Especially if they know you have a history of drinking. Dont jump through there hoop ! Thats all they really want you to do ! They dont really care if you drink or not. They just want you to do what THEY want you to do ! they just want you to carry some of there guilt for drinking ! Dont fall for it ! You're carrying enough as it is !

People like this are called "Control Freaks". Do not fall prey to there way's. Think for yourself. Be YOU !...and you will be much happier !

So. In a single word. Today has been a "UP" day !

Boldly Onward to Day 11

DD

Old 06-17-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi DuhDave,

The allergy med you tried is a TKO if I ever felt one. The first time I tried that was when it was a new prescription and not OTC. I took it in the middle of an afternoon study session. Made a bee-line for a friend's house, fell face first on the bed and woke up in my own drool 15 hours later. Thinking I may have just been overtired, I tried it again and fell asleep on the bus to my apartment. Because I had not learned to take a hint, felt really well-slept, tried it a third time with, surprise! the exact same effect. Apparently for 1:10 people it truly is a TKO experience. I am quite in agreement with Opivotal's allergy med of choice.

Congrats on double digits! Nice job safeguarding your sober-ness.

So are you planning to go fishing on the ocean? Do tell.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank You RTDB. Your kind words are very encouraging and much appreciated !

DD
Old 06-17-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 10 days Dave

D
Old 06-17-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

AhhhHAAaaaaa...thanks for the headsup on that Med Verte. I know my B1 (Thiamin) kinda "groggs" me out but didnt expect it from this allergy Med. It is a new med for me actually...and looking back I cant say it really worked that well. however it worked great as a sleeping pill !

I'll look more into what Opivotal is taking. Thanks

DD
Old 06-17-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm sticking close to this thread because your bulletproof attitude is infectious Dave. I'm grateful for that.

My AV is screaming right now but every time i read one of your posts seems to buy me 15 mins or so.

Nice work on the 10 days and keep posting.

OMB
Old 06-17-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Great attitude and congrats on staying sober!
Old 06-17-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

10 days is terrific, Dave!

We had virtual carrot cake right after the meeting.

Don't worry, we saved yours til Friday's meeting.

Seriously, glad you got some sleep and the allergies are better today.