Notices

Two months!

Old 04-26-2023, 04:30 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

You should be proud, you have made it to a new zone, but don't stop. Drinking thoughts (well even cravings) are nothing to be ashamed of. The beginning of the journey is like that for everyone, and I'm happy you distinguish between cravings and drinking thoughts. At this stage, those thoughts are completely normal. The AV is just residual thinking from your previous life. They will be with you for years, but are harmless if you recognize them for what they are. I quickly got to a point, where I would chuckle when one popped into my head. They can be dangerous if you don't stay committed to recovery, however. They may be the major reason people well into recovery find themselves back in the darkness, because they tell you things like, "You are now healthy enough to handle alcohol like a normal social drinker." I'm afraid those days are over. We have drawn the alcoholic straw, maybe on the day we were born. It's just a disability like any other, although this one is often scorned or pitied by society. But you will find none of that in this forum. We offer strength, hope, and self confidence.
Old 04-26-2023, 06:35 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Absolutely wonderful. ♥️🤓
Old 04-26-2023, 11:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
You should be proud, you have made it to a new zone, but don't stop. Drinking thoughts (well even cravings) are nothing to be ashamed of. The beginning of the journey is like that for everyone, and I'm happy you distinguish between cravings and drinking thoughts. At this stage, those thoughts are completely normal. The AV is just residual thinking from your previous life. They will be with you for years, but are harmless if you recognize them for what they are. I quickly got to a point, where I would chuckle when one popped into my head. They can be dangerous if you don't stay committed to recovery, however. They may be the major reason people well into recovery find themselves back in the darkness, because they tell you things like, "You are now healthy enough to handle alcohol like a normal social drinker." I'm afraid those days are over. We have drawn the alcoholic straw, maybe on the day we were born. It's just a disability like any other, although this one is often scorned or pitied by society. But you will find none of that in this forum. We offer strength, hope, and self confidence.
Thanks for the kind words, I feel it's time for me to come back to the forums, I left for a few years because I thought I had read it all, and it's incredible to come back to find other perspectives and novelty in recovery.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:12 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by BlissWithin View Post
Hey Dee! Thanks! I hope you are doing good man.
All good thanks
D

Old 04-27-2023, 06:48 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time!

At 31, you are still just a kid, from my ancient perspective . . .