Old 04-14-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'll be thinking about you!
Old 04-14-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Just read the thread more carefully, so please ignore my question about the trigger. Something very drastic is clearly needed here, not only around quitting but with the maintenance of your sobriety. Selling a house must be pretty stressful, is there anyone that can help you?
Hi Haennie. Good to hear from you again. My last stay at the hospital yielded a rather lengthy list of longer term rehab options, some offering the chance for work to earn money while living there. I'm going to call about some of them this week. You are right...something is sorely missing in my recovery. There is something I need I am just not getting, and it's something more than meetings and working steps. I am looking into selling the house because there is no one else to take that responsibility. It's either that or walk away from it.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm really sorry that you're going through this. I hope you have enough faith to believe that you can get things sorted out. Keep coming here and posting and stop drinking for good.
This is way off topic, but I've always admired your cat pictures. They are beautiful. I'm one of those rare cat guys.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GetMeOut View Post
My last stay at the hospital yielded a rather lengthy list of longer term rehab options, some offering the chance for work to earn money while living there. I'm going to call about some of them this week.
Very glad to hear this. Go for it asap to minimize any further risk of relapse. I think it's a good idea to sell that house, too. I remember your saying repeatedly how everything there reminded you of stuff that made you sad and resentful, that is not a good thing for someone who as prone to relapse as yourself.
Please keep us posted how things go.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I think there is a lot of great advice and support in this thread. I just wanted to send you hugs and peaceful thoughts.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey GetMeOut. Hang in there!! It gets better.

It's good to be sober.