Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 2

Old 04-18-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Day 7 for me...first good night's sleep all week! Went to the gym so now feel all burnt out but I have to take the kids out as the sun is shining. It was so good to wake up without the usual mega hangover and think 'oh gawd how am I going to get through the day'?!
Have a good day all
Old 04-18-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Day 7 for me...first good night's sleep all week! Went to the gym so now feel all burnt out but I have to take the kids out as the sun is shining. It was so good to wake up without the usual mega hangover and think 'oh gawd how am I going to get through the day'?!
Have a good day all
It all sounds positive! Have a lovely day Martina.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I haven't been posting much and I feel like I should post more. I'm struggling not to drink even though I'm logging in here and using AA. So I'm gonna catch up on everyone's posts and start being more active here. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a plan Cristina
Congrats on a week Martina

my stumbling block was 4 days for a long time beerbgone - then it wasn't. You can do this...the bottom line is 'I will not drink today'.

I think you'll get something out of AVRT Midton

D
Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Martina
Old 04-18-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Just checking in. I hope you are all well, enjoying your weekends and feeling good about yourselves. For those who aren't right now I have nothing particularly insightful to offer. I would just say if you are not feeling that great, whatever it is, it will absolutely not be improved by alcohol. At least that's what I've been telling myself. So let's just hang in there.

Tonight was a bit weird - was in a place where I have for a long time just sat and drunk, and didn't this evening. The odd thing is I didn't feel particularly triumphant, just well, whatever. Sort of "that was then, this is now", but not in a remorseful way. Maybe I'm just tired (have been travelling all day but stayed off the booze, which was a first), who knows? Anyway, it's now bedtime and I've done one more day. I need to be out of the door very early tomorrow and am really looking forward to doing that without feeling like I've been hit by a train. So I think, all things considered, things are going fine.

Going for a run later in the morning so who knows I may post later tomorrow feeling very pleased with myself

Best wishes to all who read and post.

OMD
Old 04-18-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Well, I think I have flunked out of this class. Don't want to be melodramatic, but have gone back to my drinking ways (albeit at a lower level than before). Have an appointment with an addiction counselor on Monday and have been using that as an excuse to drink every day. Hello AV, I hear you loud and clear. Need to change my stupid ways. Anyway, I am so proud and impressed with all of the April-ers who are fighting the good fight...
Old 04-18-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no flunking if you don't want it to be Toki.
What about trying for some sober time from now until your appointment?

D
Old 04-18-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Tokidoki we all fall down we just have to get back up
Old 04-18-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
Well, I think I have flunked out of this class. Don't want to be melodramatic, but have gone back to my drinking ways (albeit at a lower level than before). Have an appointment with an addiction counselor on Monday and have been using that as an excuse to drink every day. Hello AV, I hear you loud and clear. Need to change my stupid ways. Anyway, I am so proud and impressed with all of the April-ers who are fighting the good fight...
Don't be disheartened. Today is a new day. And so is tomorrow. I lasted only 2 days on my first attempt (this time around) then back to day 1 and am now into day 5. It is not easy but am taking inspiration from other success stories. Good luck
Old 04-18-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Day 12 today here! Hanging on by a thread but thank God the day is almost over! I'm not gonna pick up today! For those that picked up, dust yourselves off and get back on! It's so easy to say 'oh well, I drank so I'm just going to keep drinking cause I blew it.." Then before you know it you are back to drinking alcoholically again and then you don't stop. Don't listen to that AV (ego)! Get back on it, we all have slips sometimes!
Old 04-18-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Another hangover free day for me today. But I took NyQuil to help me sleep I see it has 10% alcohol in it so I'm back to day 1. I took the normal dose, I throw it out today I will buy the CVS brand it doesn't have any alcohol in it.
Have a great weekend everyone I'm off to work.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Day 21. Woke up with a renewed sense of power and a change of perspective.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

It has been awhile since I have been here,started drinking again but now I am ready. Have been sober day6,feeling good but scared. I will not drink today.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Patty

D
Old 04-18-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Toki- I think it's great you will be seeing a counselor and you definitely haven't flunked out of April's class. Keep posting. We are here for you.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

No desire to drink at all. Went for a walk last night, everyone was out and at the bars for a hockey game. I was just feeling weird and anxious about it all, thinking how strange it all was.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Well it is the start of day thirteen for me. Will it be an unlucky number thirteen, I think not. I am not superstitious.

Be safe and be strong

Cheers

ZAB
Old 04-18-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skhatru View Post
How nice it is to wake up and not have to worry if I hid the bottle well enough so that my wife does not find it.
Yes! Then the next worry would be how to get all the empty bottles out to the trash without anyone noticing. It's so nice not to have to think about that anymore.

Day 3 and I feel determined.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firefly789 View Post

Yes! Then the next worry would be how to get all the empty bottles out to the trash without anyone noticing. It's so nice not to have to think about that anymore.

Day 3 and I feel determined.
Yes yes yes
Thankyou