Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 2

Old 04-20-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome amp Tobo and GGB.

Sorry you're ill Troy. Maybe it's time for a different approach?

D
Old 04-20-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry you're ill Troy. Maybe it's time for a different approach?
Been looking at this -- Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Thailand | Asia?s Best Rehab Centre

$12,000 USD though. That's a lot of bloody money.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry, I had to delink the site as it's commercial.

It is a lot of money.

Depends on what other options you have open to you I guess?

D
Old 04-20-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

One week down, a lifetime to go.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
It hurts. Oh wow, I'm sick.
How are you feeling, friend?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Day 5 and I feel good and am sleeping good. It's ironic that one of the reasons I continued to drink was to help my anxiety. But, I'm finding that with not drinking my anxiety is better. Maybe it helped in the beginning, but my anxiety was pretty bad towards the end. I also have peace knowing I'm just not going to drink again. No alcohol in the closet, no extra trips to buy it, no more thinking I'll go back to drinking and just cut down. Somehow it has eased my mind.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Start of day fifteen for me.

Cheers

ZAB
Old 04-20-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firefly789 View Post
I also have peace knowing I'm just not going to drink again. No alcohol in the closet, no extra trips to buy it, no more thinking I'll go back to drinking and just cut down. Somehow it has eased my mind.
I hear that! Starting day 2. Hope to never see day 1 again!!!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:54 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi all hope its ok for me to join u all i am on day 2 and struggling after a bad nights sleep normally when drinking as soon as my head hit the pillow i was out now last night i didnt get much more than 2 hours at a time and it must have taken me 2 hours to get off. Yesterday i was counting the hours as it was day 1 but now i can say i am into day 2. One question i have for you all is what do you do when you feel like you want to drink??? I am struggling and have no faith in myself. Thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Welcome, tizzkins!

It is 4:05am for me and I have insomnia again. Poor sleep is such an annoyance.

As for your question, my tool of choice is AVRT which you can read about here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html
Old 04-21-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firefly789 View Post
Day 5 and I feel good and am sleeping good. It's ironic that one of the reasons I continued to drink was to help my anxiety. But, I'm finding that with not drinking my anxiety is better. Maybe it helped in the beginning, but my anxiety was pretty bad towards the end. I also have peace knowing I'm just not going to drink again. No alcohol in the closet, no extra trips to buy it, no more thinking I'll go back to drinking and just cut down. Somehow it has eased my mind.
You're doing a great job firefly. I can definitely relate to the anxiety issues!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Been looking at this -- Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Thailand | Asia?s Best Rehab Centre

$12,000 USD though. That's a lot of bloody money.
Troy, there is a very active AA community in Thailand: Welcome to AA Thailand | AA Thailand

It is much more casual than in the states. There would be free support or someone could guide you to cheaper options - maybe one of the many wats offers detox.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tizzkins View Post
Hi all hope its ok for me to join u all i am on day 2 and struggling after a bad nights sleep normally when drinking as soon as my head hit the pillow i was out now last night i didnt get much more than 2 hours at a time and it must have taken me 2 hours to get off. Yesterday i was counting the hours as it was day 1 but now i can say i am into day 2. One question i have for you all is what do you do when you feel like you want to drink??? I am struggling and have no faith in myself. Thanks
Hi tizzkins

I am on day two too and what works for me when the craving hits is to write through it. I like to write about where in my body I feel the craving, whilst eating sweets! I also drink a lot more water now. The AVRT link is a good one, I just ordered the book and it may work for you!

There are reasons why you're here and have stopped drinking, be mindful of those and stay close to SR!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tizzkins View Post
Welcome Tizzkins,

The insomnia is part of the early recovery, it will get better. I take deep breaths and think about something else or use AVRT when I feel like drinking. The feelings pass very quickly.

Cheers

ZAB
Old 04-21-2015, 03:08 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Ride out the wave. The thought will pass. It gets easier once we train our minds.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

It might be raining outside, but it's cheery and warm inside. It's going to be a great day!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tizzkins

D
Old 04-21-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hey! I picked this week to try to kick the drink because it looked like being a quiet one at work but it is turning out to be the week from hell and is threatening to stay that way for a couple of months at least. Any advice about dealing with stress and anxiety much appreciated. I really want to make this work!!!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

8:30am in S.C day 9 for me. I will not drink today. Going to Doc today for blood test results to make sure I have not damaged anything from all the booze,prayers please.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to find new ways of dealing with stress and anxiety amp. Exercise was good.

Trying very hard to leave the office at the office was another - something like listening to music, or playing it, or a video game or a movie...anything that helps you relax.

Breathing exercises helped me with anxiety
Breathing Exercises

The big thing tho is - accept you can be stressed and it's ok. We;re so conditioned to reaching for the bottle at the first sign of stress we sometimes forget we can actually handle a lot.

You will get through it and you will survive Amp. Give yourself a chance.
D