Notices

Leaving SR for a while...

Old 04-07-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry...my mistake. I read it wrong.

I really do wish you the best and I hope you can find the path that is best for you. You are very nice lady who deserves to be well and happy!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Hey there... I can understand this feeling and this motive. What arises for me is this; honor your intuition and shift your focus to the things you've identified. Our inner wisdom is the voice of Spirit and is to be given our respect.... But also; don't be too rigid with yourself..... Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, you'll find that a little dose of SR is what is being called for. We who struggle with addiction tend to be obsessive and go to extremes. Consider being gentle with yourself and know that it might not be 'all or nothing'. I commend you for recognizing that maybe you've gotten a bit imbalanced and for taking actions to shift that. Yet I encourage you not to replace imbalance with a different kind of imbalance. Remember we're here when you need us.
Thank you Owl. I'm not "leaving" just taking a break to really work on the solution. The solution for me is in the 12-steps. I really feel this is what God wants for me. Thanks for the kind words. I could use prayers if you have any to offer. Xo
Old 04-07-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Don't forget to check in and say hello. Let us know how it's going and share your progress, it may inspire others.
I will LBrain! Thanks!!!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck Serenidad and all the best

I will miss reading your posts, they are very insightful, so I'm glad it's a break and not permanent
Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Sorry...my mistake. I read it wrong. I really do wish you the best and I hope you can find the path that is best for you. You are very nice lady who deserves to be well and happy!
You are too Art!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Do what works for you Serenidad! Focusing on the best recovery for you is the most important thing here.

Wishing you well.

L x
Old 04-07-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Serenidad, best wishes to you. Just remember we are here for you whenever you need, day or night, as you know.

The bottom line is we each need to find our own personalized path in recovery. For some, the more support groups that are involved the better, and for others spending a ton of time on SR works just as well.

There are a ton of blueprints on staying sober based on the successes and set-backs of others with addiction issues. IMO, we each need to fine tune those blueprints to fit our personal needs.

What ever keeps you sober and strong, go with that. If you feel yourself slipping, implement an additional layer or two or three or four... of support methods.

We are here for you and I look forward to your future updates.

Stay strong!
Old 04-07-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks ccam!!! :-)
Old 04-07-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Thanks guys. The Big Book promises will come true for me again! It happened once, it will happen again. :-)

The AA Promises

1. If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.

2. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.

3. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.

4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.

5. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.

6. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.

7. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.

8. Self-seeking will slip away.

9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.

10. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.

11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.

12. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them.

Alcoholics Anonymous p83-84
Reprinted from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous with permission of A.A. World Services, Inc.
Good set there associated with the ninth step( before we are halfway through the ninth step). There's promises for every step.
Here's a few more promises:
And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone - even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned. We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically. We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality - safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is our experience. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition.

There's quite a few more promises,too.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Do your best

I will pray for your recovery Serenidad
Old 04-07-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good for you serenidad, you had 5 1/2 years, you know you can do it again and you know as much as anyone what it takes. Looking forward to updates.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good for you serinidad. Do whatever it takes for you to keep sober. I hope you check in every once in a while and let us know how you are doing. Best wishes for you.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

All the best, Serenidad.
I reached a stage mid last year when I needed to take a breather too.
I felt over-whelmed and needed to back off a bit. (I know a lot of people will not agree with that behaviour, but that's what I did).
Fully understand and wish you strength.
I know you will come back, that's the beauty of SR.
And they are indeed a great bunch of people!
B.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Serenidad, I don't think cutting off a support network that you use is a good idea.

Hopefully your other support options are enough, sound like you have some solid options, but SR is great too for those nights when no one else is around, you know?!!

Take Care!!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You know what to do! You've done it before...you can do it again. I wish you luck.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Wishing you well, Serenidad!
Old 04-07-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

You take care now and let us know how things are going ok?
Here is a little bit of Grumpy wisdom to take with you.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Wishing you well.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
If I'm honest, I also think I come on here to WHINE sometimes instead of taking action and finding a solution.!
Please continue to whine as often and as much as you need to when you are feeling negative or are having problems. We cannot solve the problem using the same perceptions that helped create it. Whining for me opens the door for the suggestions that I need to hear and that I probably would not have thought of on my own. THEN I take action!

Much love to you! Please keep in touch.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I've gone sometimes a month or two without posting because I've been busy with recovery in AA, but I don't think SR and AA are mutually exclusive. A lot of times, I'll just read threads in spare minute here and there to keep my recovery and the forefront. Hell, I'm even guilty of checking SR in meetings.

But I do hope your re-dedication to the program will pay off for you as it did for me and countless others. While there are many here who got and stayed sober just with SR, I am not one of them. I need the face to face support and spiritual guidance of the steps. SR is a great supplement to my program, even if I just read a few threads a day and post when I can.