Notices

Update from dr visit

Old 03-12-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Doctor already called back with results! That was fast! My liver enzymes is no longer elevated. They are back to normal levels. I can't believe it. However, my white blood cell count is elevated and I can't seem to find much info about it. So I dunno what that's from.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

It's great you talked to your doctor. I love it when my doctor praises me for not drinking!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

White blood cell elevation is usually just a sign of some infection. For example, I have a slight gluten intolerance, so if I ate some bread etc before going to the doctor (which I've done a couple of times), then my white blood cell count was a bit over 'normal', although I was perfectly fine, no cold or visible infection symptoms of any kind.
But I am no doctor! This is just what I know in general. Looked it up after I got my bloodwork back, because that was the only thing above normal
Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great news!!!!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kkik5 View Post
White blood cell elevation is usually just a sign of some infection. For example, I have a slight gluten intolerance, so if I ate some bread etc before going to the doctor (which I've done a couple of times), then my white blood cell count was a bit over 'normal', although I was perfectly fine, no cold or visible infection symptoms of any kind. But I am no doctor! This is just what I know in general. Looked it up after I got my bloodwork back, because that was the only thing above normal
Kkik, thanks for the info. I did read where it says it could be from an infection but I have no systems of any such thing. Maybe it's from smoking. I just hope everything is ok!