Notices

Messed up bad

Old 02-13-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Messed up bad

I stopped to meet with some clients,at a bar, and my ex shows up..What did I do? I got blackout drunk and woke up in her bed this morning! I went back to two addictions in one night! Real winner here..jeez!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whoops!

Don't let it turn into a full blown drinking binge man just draw a line under it and move forward.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
Whoops!

Don't let it turn into a full blown drinking binge man just draw a line under it and move forward.
I feel horrible about it! Just started seeing a new girl a little over a month ago(4 dates/non exclusive) and lied to her today about where I was last night..douche!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
Whoops!

Agreed. Nip this one in the bud.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, lies and guilt are just one of the thousands of reasons alcohol destroys us.

If you want the lies and guilt to stop you know what to do.

Don't beat yourself up too much, yes it was wrong, but it doesn't have to continue. Move forward sober, the mistake is in the past.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Darn... well dont let it be the start of a drinking binge. Right the ship and see what you can do.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

The main thing is to learn from this. If something like that happened again, what could you do differently? Then, forgive yourself and move on.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Make not drinking your priority and other things will fall into place. I couldn't have met clients / friends, in a bar, in my early sobriety.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

After looking through my texts this morning,apparently, I was going to get some coke too! Glad that didn't happen before I passed out.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's clear alcohol is doing you no favours, time to draw a line under it and make this your turning corner.

Life is gonna still throw a few curve balls our direction, even in Sobriety, we can't continue to go back to the old default of alcohol, we need a new set of tools in the toolbox to deal with life in different ways!!

Go at things again, you can make Sobriety happen!!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yikes!

Perhaps meeting your clients at other places than bars is a good idea. This time it was an ex, next time your AV will use another excuse.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm going to try and sell off some of my ventures and move to the beach. I need a change! My daughter is going to college next year..There's no reason for me to stay in this 24/7 town. I want serenity!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Unpredictable things always happen when I pick up, no matter how determined I am to keep it under control. It's such a relief to kick it out of our lives for good. Glad you are here DontRemember - you can get free.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I really avoid bars and places where alcohol is served at all costs, especially when I am early in my sobriety. Maybe next time hit a cafe with the clients? Without alcohol your brain will probably keep you away from the ex.

Get back on that horse! You can do it
Old 02-13-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey DR

I get it...but the more you beat yourself up the easier it is for your addiction to say 'you suck anyway, so let's go drink some more...'

You made a mistake, Human beings make a lot of them.

Setting things to rights won't be fun, but it's way better done sober, man.

Get back on that horse

D
Old 02-13-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hey DR

I get it...but the more you beat yourself up the easier it is for your addiction to say 'you suck anyway, so let's go drink some more...'

You made a mistake, Human beings make a lot of them.

Setting things to rights won't be fun, but it's way better done sober, man.

Get back on that horse

D
Thank you..and everyone else also!! I LOVE this place for some good/stern real talk! you guy's have kept me sober more days than not,since I signed up.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This has really done a number on me emotionally! I didn't think it would, but I'm all over the place yesterday and today with my emotions/thoughts. We all know where the negative thoughts lead. I just want to go "numb" myself from reality for the night, instead of dealing with this.

Also...I texted her over an hour ago and....no response. Guess I was looking for my "fix" there... No dignity Douche!
Old 02-14-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd stop focusing on trying to fix things right now DR...I know...that's all you want to do...but I think a little time focused on you and your recovery would be better for you.

Ever tried AA? They're pretty much everywhere. There might be a meeting near you.
Being around some sober folks could really help you right now.

D
Old 02-14-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'd stop focusing on trying to fix things right now DR...I know...that's all you want to do...but I think a little time focused on you and your recovery would be better for you.

Ever tried AA? They're pretty much everywhere. There might be a meeting near you.
Being around some sober folks could really help you right now.

D
I'm going out to a few house parties tonight to get my mind off the ex. I'll not be drinking..It will only make me worse/depressed. Time to climb back up on the no contact wagon on that front! Just feeling down at the moment.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It's not worth it to go out and numb the pain because it will still be there and with out a doubt be worse the next day.

Who knows what the guilt of the last drinking session will make you do during this session, as far as anger to yourself/ wanting to beat yourself up more emotionally while intoxicated. I'm struggling too after a recent night of drinking but we can do this. Everyone is here for you.