Notices

Sobriety is easy until something goes wrong...help.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
Adding alcohol to difficult emotions never solved my problems. In recovery, one of the most useful things I've learned is that it's NORMAL to feel uncomfortable when experiencing difficult emotions. Take a deep breath and keep moving forward, sober. This too will pass.
^^^^. What glee said.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the help guys. I managed to avoid it with little temptation once i had calmed down. I ended up going for a walk and popping over my friends for a cup of tea, a chat and a lot of chocolate lol. It's amazing how that urge just flares up in me as soon as something winds me up. But the best thing is that i realised how quickly it went away again once i tried to surpress it. xxxx
Old 01-18-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job. Wine won;t solve your problems and certainly won;t solve other peoples problems ML

I had to work on my boundaries a little - people were used to venting to me, and sober I found that stressful. It was one of my many 'reasons' to drink.

I had to step away from Mr Fixit for a while and focus on my own needs...

D
Old 01-18-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Don't do it! I'm in the same boat tonight but won't let it win! We r stronger than that :-( x
Old 01-18-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Keep strong Jadedgirl. Managing to avoid it feels so great. I did eat a lot of food to compensate though but i tend to do that every sunday anyway lol xx
Old 01-18-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by messyliver View Post
Thanks for all the help guys. I managed to avoid it with little temptation once i had calmed down. I ended up going for a walk and popping over my friends for a cup of tea, a chat and a lot of chocolate lol. It's amazing how that urge just flares up in me as soon as something winds me up. But the best thing is that i realised how quickly it went away again once i tried to surpress it. xxxx
Well done, ml.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well done chick. Same here I just ate a big bar of chocolate! Gonna have to stop this eating as a replacement or gna be putting on a stone a week! X