Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-24-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Checking in....have not posted in awhile. Glad to see so many doing really good in your sobriety. Watched a documentary My Name Was Betty on Amazon. Really worth the time. Has anyone seen it?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Day 13, another trigger down

Teenagers on their devices on a Friday a night, what a trigger!
But I let it go, watched a movie, had ice cream, and slept like a log.
Except for the airplane going down dream early this morning!

And no desire to have a little pop of tequila to get the day started.

A lovely Sober Saturday to y'all from sunny California!

K
Old 01-24-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Martina12...... I think Iam sitting next to you in class at the back of room with my head down as well ....

Feel however I gotta start putting more effort back into my class .... I seem to stay stronger with you guys ..... Happy Saturday to you all
Old 01-24-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi. Checking in. Spent the morning shoveling heavy snow then building snow forts with my kids. Overall good day so far. The only thing that sometimes worries me is all the time I have. I seem to remember being busier and not having time for myself but now it seems like I have too much time. Anyone else feel like this?
Old 01-24-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
Hi. Checking in. Spent the morning shoveling heavy snow then building snow forts with my kids. Overall good day so far. The only thing that sometimes worries me is all the time I have. I seem to remember being busier and not having time for myself but now it seems like I have too much time. Anyone else feel like this?
Absolutely! It causes anxiety having all that time, all the things that you need to just seem to pile up and create pressure. But I'm just taking them easy, one at a time, and taking breaks and little treats in between to keep it fun . . . it's working so far on this breezy chilly California morning . . .
Old 01-24-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just a quick check-in. It took me a while to catch up on everyone's posts..which is good news since we are all checking in!! t seems everyone is doing pretty well.

I am on day 15 which is the longest I have gone since August. A few cravings here and there but overall feel really good and I'm proud of myself.

Welcome to Milly and Myshadow and anyone else I may have missed. This is a great forum and us Januarians have been great support. I'm glad you are joining us.

Glad to see you back Nashv..keep going strong.
Yankeees, glad to hear you are feeling super. I am shocked myself, at how my skin looks and feels..and I have old skin!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hello everyone call me Fixy.
Day 2 of sober life
Old 01-24-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Sorry didnt mean to post yet!

Good luck at your social event tomorrow Yankees..you can do it!

TeeBee.Im thinking of you with your liver issues. I hope it works out. I too am in a bit of snow. I definitely have more time on my hands but I think its because i had all great intentions of accomplishing things but once I started drinking (early in the day)nI was become sleepy and lathargic and never got to finish what I started. I would often nap if no one was home or just sit and do nothing because I could not concentrate on real tasks. Does that make sense?

Teenagers are always a killer, Blondsober. I certainly hear ya!

Enjoy the day everyone...I am trying to get tons done today!!

Happy Sober Saturday!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Welcome Fixy!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Day 2... 24 hours sober! I feel so normal I don't know what to do! Trying to stay busy!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

TeeBee, sorry I read your post quickly and incorrectly.I now see you are not having liver problems (thank goodness)..but that is just the excuse you give to people.

My apologies for the confusion!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Good morning All!

Welcome back Martina and Nash!

Yankee I like that, dewy skin. Hah! I called it greasy but you are right it's dewy, and fresh like a flower. Energy is out of this world for me too. Yesterday logged over 15,000 steps.

Teebee, maybe now is time for YOU with all the time on your hands. Have a book you've been wanting to read? Hobbies? I'm concentrating all my time on my work outs etc. Going to be picking up extra shifts come Feb so that will get me out of the house too.

Welcome to class Fixy!

Okay so it's day 7 for me. I made it through Friday night! I worked until 11:00 and came home and went right to bed. I never do that and in hindsight I don't think I'll do the same tonight. I work until 11 tonight. I couldn't get to sleep and when I did I just was suspended above that 'real' sleep. Ugh! I should have been exhausted and crashed. It was the worst freaking sleep ever! Okay, I'm being dramatic, I've had worst this week. lol But I figured it out I think. I drank coffee too late in the day. It's hard to remember back to my pre-drunken days but I use to be very sensitive and couldn't touch coffee past 3:00 pm. So I'm assuming that was it because I had a big cup of strong coffee and I wasn't done it until almost 5. My plan tonight will be to read or something when I get into bed.

So all and all it was a great night. I actually pulled the covers to my chin last night and I said to myself "I made it!" Meaning I didn't come home and drink a bottle of vodka. I was actually going to get through a Friday night sober.

Jojo
Old 01-24-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Actually lovehoops I am It's what finally shocked me into stopping. Turned down for life insurance because of high liver enzymes. I'll find out in about another 6 weeks if my liver is on the mend. I'm praying. That's why I say that but thought it would be for people who don't yet because after I say that. no one. And I mean no one says oh you can have just one.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Keeping strong on the weekend!

Nuke - 16 -- Working in the garage alcohol and tobacco free, damn I love my life!!! Never thought I would be at this point in my life!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

TeeBee..then my original post stands...you are in my thoughts. I hope all is well for you.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

There is no 'back of the Class' here guys - we're all in a circle, together

D
Old 01-24-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Heres to the circle.

Teebee thank you for being so open and I pray for you as well

Welcome Fixy and IneedtobeME!

Day 24 going on over here. I slept long and hard last night, did my taxes and came up with a disappointing figure but oh well. My partner and I r trying to rebuild trust and so far so good. Im going to ask my therapist if he can join a session with me. My job announced yesterday that they will be offering OT which will be extra fantastic for me as I wont need to get a second job to start covering my bills. As forright now im smack on my couch with a full belly and my big adorable black cat watching tv and doing homework.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

No worries on that post, TryTryAgain. We've all got issues, and this is the place to share them!

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me, and I'd like to welcome the others that have signed on since I posted the other day.

Dee, it is great to see you are still here. There is a certain level of comfort that comes from having a familiar name in the thread.

Starting over again is hard - I'm just a few days in at this point, and I know it will take me 3 to 5 days just to get over the initial hump. Then the real work begins.

I have to be honest, I don't know what it really means to be an alcoholic but I know for sure I have an alcohol abuse and alcohol addiction problem and it's not getting any better as I get older. I have noticed the last few years that sometimes I don't so much wake up hungover anymore as much as I wake up still kind of drunk. This is much worse than hungover, and it is kind of scary.

I'm going to hit the movies tonight for a little distraction. I hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

MITA
Old 01-24-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 01-24-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hello New Yearers.

I accidentally knocked my drink to the ground at the same time the ball dropped on New Years. I haven't drank since.

I joined the April 2014 class. However, I experienced some really heavy things between then and now (including the death of my mom) and I let the stress get the better of me.

Well I'm ready to try again. I am still a part of the April class because that's where I started, but I think it would be helpful for me to join this one as well. You all are at the same place I am right now.

Let's do this