Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-18-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone's directed me to that song latelyJames lol

If you can't get out of it, focus on having a great time with your daughter. Be a Dad

D
Old 01-18-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Can I post a link?

......I guess mods will remove if not.

This explains what alcohol does to your sleep. This really resonated with me....

Drinking alcohol before going to sleep reduces chances of feeling rested, say researchers - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent
Old 01-18-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Go patriots.

Here we go. To the super bowl.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Newspaper links are generally fine.
It's commercial links, blog links, and links to other forums that can be problematic

D
Old 01-18-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 4

Day 4 Sober. Trying to remember how much better I feel, even with some withdrawl issues (nightsweats). I look better too - hair and skin has been dry as dirt. I love how honest everyone is here, I realize that I can fall and talk about it on SR. Loved the support and info I've read in my short time here.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Yankees

D
Old 01-18-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone's directed me to that song latelyJames lol

If you can't get out of it, focus on having a great time with your daughter. Be a Dad

D
On that clip you can see Bob Hawke(then, PM) skulling a beer. He's given up alcohol since. It's a wonder!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Peeps!
What's your drink of choice today?
I'm having fresh coconut.
I'm becoming very good at opening them now with my new massive coconut opening knife that I bought especially for exclusive coconut opening duties.

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-19-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Hi ting. Fresh Coconut indeed! Don't think I've ever tried it :/ I guess I'm on a similar vein... albeit not as natural and healthy lol I've got Lucozade Caribbean Crush at the moment. Very refreshing alternative to an energy drink. Day 18 here. So far so good!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Bobs back on the turps now James - he took it up again when he retired from politics.

D
Old 01-19-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think Bobs back on the turps now James - he took it up again when he retired from politics. D
Well he was a record breaker:
Australia's most famous drinking record was set by the legendary Australian Prime Minister Robert (Bob) Hawke in 1955. He drank 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds at University College, Oxford.
He also said this:
Alcoholism is fast becoming the all-Australian nightmare for, in addition to creating thousands of sick workers, it has created a sick economy where the doctors in charge don't have a clue as to the conditions or the cause!

Bob Hawke, President, ACTU, 1977

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-19-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Nineteen

Quick check-in as I start day nineteen. Great day yesterday. Off work today. The plan for the day: Going to a noon AA meeting. Doing laundry. Having dinner with the family. Staying sober.

Best to all!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi ,Casey. Good for you and the meeting I need to get toons. I not going to be able to do this alone. Finished laundry over the weekend because we were supposed to be at a watermark but a fire alarm that freaked the girls out so we came home.

Ting. Drink of choice is crystal light rashberry lemonaid.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
......I guess mods will remove if not. This explains what alcohol does to your sleep. This really resonated with me.... Drinking alcohol before going to sleep reduces chances of feeling rested, say researchers - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent
This explains why even on nights where I managed one or two I still woke up in middle of night or unrested am.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Ok so my last post is what happens when you’re over 50 typing on an iPad. LOL
Because there’s is no way I would want to try “Rashberry Lemonade” and it seems like I don’t like articles of speech.
For the love of God it looks like I was drunk!! I’m not - I swear! Nothing in 2015.

Anyway - I do need to get to a meeting - it feels like I have to. Are the online meetings effective?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I think sometimes people organize meetings in the chat room, I have to check that myself.

I've been obsessing about alcohol so much last week that I had a 4 day relapse beetween tuesday and friday, and yesterday I convinced my mom that I'd start moderation if my psychiatrist approved the idea...

...after all that nonsense I woke up, changed my mind and bought some cigs, so I'm smoking again, after 20 days off nicotine but I'm decided to not drink or use any substances anymore, in any amount or future event. Day 3 for me.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 19. :-)

Had a fantastic weekend, but am actually glad that we are back to Monday - Addie, my AV, has less energy during the week.

Back to enjoying this wonderful, sober day!!!

Thanks for the support and congrats to everyone!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done to everyone reaching thier own personal milestones
Old 01-19-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello my friends,

Oh the lies we tell ourselves.

I can drink like other people. I can also work out, continue to drink and lose weight.

HAH! Not! Why do I lie to myself, I'm so good at it I believe myself. But no more! I'm onto myself and these deceptions.

I'm once again on day 2. My biggest goals and my biggest areas in destruction from drinking are my weight and my sleep. Those are issues at hand RIGHT now that I can correct. Years ago I lost the ability to fall asleep naturally. I've taken melatonin and Sleep-Eze style meds as well as booze and basically would just pass out. That's not sleep. I'm 65 lbs over weight and I hate it. Have for years. My daughter tells me that I need to love myself for who I am and where I am. I try but this 65 lbs is a common reminder of what I've done.

Anyways last night I read about alcohols effect on weight and sleep. Boy I'm the poster child! I love to work out, and eat proper and I love how it makes me feel. But booze always messes that up.

I didn't know that as soon as you drink alcohol that your metabolism drops. I also didn't know that the liver turns booze into acetate and that your body drops everything and will burn it first. It will not store alcohol calories to fat, it will do that with your other food you've consumed. Even one drink will take priority. Okay, okay I'm not of medical mind but roughly this is what I've learned.

I know that I can't drink anything. Ever. I can't handle it. I'm an alcoholic. My gosh out of all the wonderful things in this big beautiful world I can't do one thing... Drink.

A cool thing happened last night as I was reading about weight loss and alcohol, it was 10:30 and as I was reading my eyes started rolling and I looked at my husband and said "Oh my gosh! I'm sleepy!" Haha! I went to bed with him 20 minutes later with him and he was so happy because I usually don't roll in until 1-2 am bombed.

Okay this is my observations for today. I will feed my mind the truth.

Have a great day everyone!

Jo
Old 01-19-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Jo and welcome.