# 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

It could be Stewy as youve given your last bedding in time

Book an apt with Doc and explain show him the thread print it off if you like

I hope your feeling a tiny bit better knowing your here amongst your friends
Old 01-13-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Stew, what I have found is that very often depression is a self perpetuating cycle which involves mood and thinking. It might begin with a depressed mood that is somehow brought about through biological causes or by certain thinking patterns that eventually cause a depressed mood. What ever the cause, typically one (thinking or biology) will make the other worse. For example, negative thinking can create depressed mood, which in turn will generate a more negative thinking which leads to a more negative mood etc.

Treatments for depression typically target either thinking patterns or biology or some combination of both. Medications and exercise both target the biological aspect of depression. CBT is one way to target the negative self defeating thought patterns. In someway the cycle needs to be broken.

I notice you have not replied to the suggestion that several in this thread made concerning exercise. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you have dismissed the suggestion because you don't think it will do any good. This would not be unusual. It would be an example of negative thinking which is preventing you from attempting something that might break the cycle.

I'm not a person who typically makes bets, but I'd wager that in far less than 3 weeks the exercise which I previously described would produce a very noticeable benefit.

Stew, I've been where you are now and it's a horrible place. All the best to you.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
It could be Stewy as youve given your last bedding in time Book an apt with Doc and explain show him the thread print it off if you like I hope your feeling a tiny bit better knowing your here amongst your friends
Yes it's a good help thanks soberwolf

I have an app booked in next Wednesday , I will discuss things then it's just the wait really and what I do in the meantime
Old 01-13-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Stew, what I have found is that very often depression is a self perpetuating cycle which involves mood and thinking. It might begin with a depressed mood that is somehow brought about through biological causes or by certain thinking patterns that eventually cause a depressed mood. What ever the cause, typically one (thinking or biology) will make the other worse. For example, negative thinking can create depressed mood, which in turn will generate a more negative thinking which leads to a more negative mood etc. Treatments for depression typically target either thinking patterns or biology or some combination of both. Medications and exercise both target the biological aspect of depression. CBT is one way to target the negative self defeating thought patterns. In someway the cycle needs to be broken. I notice you have not replied to the suggestion that several in this thread made concerning exercise. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you have dismissed the suggestion because you don't think it will do any good. This would not be unusual. It would be an example of negative thinking which is preventing you from attempting something that might break the cycle. I'm not a person who typically makes bets, but I'd wager that in far less than 3 weeks the exercise which I previously described would produce a very noticeable benefit. Stew, I've been where you are now and it's a horrible place. All the best to you.
I'm in a stage of dismissing things I agree. I have been keeping up playing football 2 x weekly which has been a positive.

I really should get back to my daily routine though.

It's that horrible, dark feeling I get tired of. Like a cloud over my head!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
Yes it's a good help thanks soberwolf

I have an app booked in next Wednesday , I will discuss things then it's just the wait really and what I do in the meantime
Good luck bud
Old 01-13-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is next Wednesday tomorrow for you stewy or next week?

D
Old 01-13-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I just gotta add that exercise has been key to me coming out of a serious depression. With all the wreckage of my past being so recent, and on top of it my marriage ending I was in such a dark place I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This place and exercise helped immensely.

I FORCED myself onto the treadmill for the first week, starting at 15 minutes increasing a few mins daily. I am now up to an hour of walking/running and am now addicted to it!

Another thing that has helped get those feel good chemicals going is a SAUNA. The heat stress doesn't feel that good all the time but after I always feel REFRESHED. If you can't bring yourself to workout try the sauna if your health permits it. I call it the "Executive Workout" because you don't have to lift a finger and you sweat like nobodies business. Just stay hydrated!

Hope you make it over the hump soon buddy. I suspect a good day or a good few hours is just around the corner. Keep us posted.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Is next Wednesday tomorrow for you stewy or next week? D
Hi Dee, it is next week, while away yet
Old 01-14-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justincredible View Post
I just gotta add that exercise has been key to me coming out of a serious depression. With all the wreckage of my past being so recent, and on top of it my marriage ending I was in such a dark place I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. This place and exercise helped immensely. I FORCED myself onto the treadmill for the first week, starting at 15 minutes increasing a few mins daily. I am now up to an hour of walking/running and am now addicted to it! Another thing that has helped get those feel good chemicals going is a SAUNA. The heat stress doesn't feel that good all the time but after I always feel REFRESHED. If you can't bring yourself to workout try the sauna if your health permits it. I call it the "Executive Workout" because you don't have to lift a finger and you sweat like nobodies business. Just stay hydrated! Hope you make it over the hump soon buddy. I suspect a good day or a good few hours is just around the corner. Keep us posted.
Thanks Justin, exercise is looking like the way forward, good advice mate!
Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I've had enough of this. I can't even sit with my family without feeling totally exhausted and anxious. I'm sat upstairs on my own for ***** sake
Old 01-14-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

i got into a pretty bad car wreck in 2001 that literally punched a hole in the back of my head..

I have been on a variety of Celexa and Lexapro for years because apparently that head injury damaged whatever produces serotonin...

I don't make enough serotonin on my own any more , so I am stuck to these meds...

Just recently , last month , I thought I could get off the meds because I quit drinking...Hmm , heck no..

Symptoms rapidly returned , my head even felt like it just recently got smashed in again , along with headache , confusion , nausea and that out of body feeling your describing..

Took me 3 days back on the meds to recover..

Trust me, i know how ya feel and how frustrating it is ..

I am now on Celexa for serotonin and Ativan to help with PAWS ...

I am full functional , but some days I wonder where the heck I am.. lol...

Hang in there , just takes time...Give it a week on the correct dose of meds and you should be back to yourself again..
Old 01-14-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Stewy. I am sorry that you are struggling. I have been in that place - I know the black cloud and the desire to pull the blanket over your head forever.
BUT , and I see that others have suggested it - and I urge you to do it...go outside , right now, for a walk. Breathe in and out - and just walk for 15 mins. Concentrate on just breathing in and out. Feel the cold, or warmth ( no idea where you live!) and just breathe...I bet you will feel so much better. I am sure you can manage just a quick walk...