Notices

I'm struggling right now

Old 12-29-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So I went on a binge this weekend. Kinda disappointed in mys3lf but dont want to beat myself up too bad. Just pick up and keep moving. I feel like sh*t today. I hope I the dts dont come back. While I was sober though I realized im really depressed, bored, and lonely. The alcohol makes it worse but for those couple hours im in oblivion. Im a mess. I just want to be happy and outgoing again.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

just keep trying passmeabeer!
Old 12-29-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by passmeabeer View Post
Im on day 9. I was out earlier for cigs and almost grabbed a 6 pack. Sat in the parking lot and finished my smoke and decided to just go home. Now I am thinking about drinking all day. I keep going back and forth in my head.
Keep going. Last day I got wasted was actually the day I was gonna call it quits with the booze. Made it until 2pm. Ended up going out to grab a few things. Rode past the liquor store and was battling with it the home ride home. I made it to my front door, dropped my bags off and went straight back out to the liquor store. That was a real low point for me.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

passmeabeer,

for your new start, when you're ready, maybe ditch this username.

start fresh with something more positive.

sorry, sounds picky, it's just that every time i read it it sounds prescriptive.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yea but then I got to make a new email and all that its too much work. Passmeabeer is all I could think of my 2nd day of sobriety. So im back on day 2. I didnt get siezures or dts after my weekend binge so im pretty stoked about that. Makes me think im healing.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

my 9th day

exactly the same happened on my 9th day but it was wine. I am on day 16 now. You already won by walking away. Distract, breath deep, tomorrow will be day 10.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Yea but then I got to make a new email and all that its too much work.
Unfortunately, work is what is required in order to better ourselves. What do you feel would aid you in staying away from the drink?

And if you're worried about DT's, you might want to seriously consider seeking medical help for withdrawal. People have died from it.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your on day 2 thats something pass
Old 12-30-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I think if I had a girlfriend that would help me stay sober. Im really lonely. I think thats a big reason why I drink.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I think if I had a girlfriend that would help me stay sober. Im really lonely. I think thats a big reason why I drink.
A weekend binge has more than being lonely at its core.

It's only natural to look for reasons why we drink. If we know the reason, we can fix it. Problem is, we (alcoholics) drink. For any number of reasons. Being lonely may be one of them. My thoughts are, if you had a girlfriend, you'd probably still drink because another person can't make you get sober.. If you are going to get sober, you're going to have to do it yourself.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome back Pass! Sorry you had a rough weekend. Stick close to SR and read, it helps me a lot.
I'm single as well and fully understand being lonely. I'm sure most people on here do regardless of weather or not they are in a relationship. Imagine how much more you will be able to give and receive once you are stable in your sobriety. You will find someone to love not just fill that empty place.
I'm glad the DTs didn't come back but don't let that trick you. They can and they will if you go back to the way you were and faster then you think.
Also, you can change your name without creating a new account. I forget who but I think you just have to private message an Admin.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you messed up. It's hard early on but you fine tune your plan to stay sober. And you need a plan. You don't need a girlfriend. Girlfriends aren't plans. They are people and they are not responsible for making sure you stay sober. I tried that with guys. It doesn't work. I needed to get comfortable with myself before any relationship could work.

Keep posting on here. Reach out in real life. Make those connections and you will be less lonely.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ya**!

You're not alone anymore. You're one of us now.

Stick around, these guys are crazy sometimes (flourless cake???) but they're a hell of a good bunch of people.

Keep close to SR.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I keep telling my self its new years 1 last time and then quit lol. I havent though. I even turned down going to a party. I felt good because I got alot done today and didnt loaf around all lazy and tired. I even did a workout dvd which was almost killed me, I think. So yea just sitting here alone trying to not drink. I ate a huge plate of food so I would have to get an iv of whiskey to even catch a buzz now...
Old 12-31-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You can do this and what a great thing to bring into the new year. No more day ones!