Notices

Serious Questiion

Old 12-23-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yikes! I went to bed with this thread on my mind. Dreams never make sense and so does this condition to get to rehab.

The result, a totally wicked and bizarre dream.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

This might be a really dumb statement/question but, if you're 7 days without a drink and 27 without pills (which, that is really effing awesome, btw), why do you need to go to detox/rehab? You're already starting what they would do for you right? Can you not find a program and work that now?
Old 12-23-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I would think that one could take a very small dosage (enough so you didn't get a buzz) of pills and still have it show up on the urine screen. I was never able to regulate my usage/drinking but maybe someone's wife could dose them.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow! Back in Feb I had a similar exp. The only 3 day detox I could find wanted me at 8 hrs. w/out a drink so WD's could be measurable. They were an hour away and I was trying to coordinate a ride. I couldn't secure a for sure ride so did not attempt to go 8 hrs. w/out (4 was about my max back then). I eventually got a plan together and did detox at home. If you had a driver and an iron will to walk in the door and commit, no biggie. But I have to ask--At one week most would say you are doing great so why treatment? Outpatient would provide the same info and peer-group-support (as does SR, AA etc.). Anyhoo, congrats on a week!