Notices

Food for Thought sober weekender thread - Dec 19-21

Old 12-21-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Awake. Not bright eyed and bushy-tailed. Finally over my cold, tho'.

Happy that the days are going to start getting longer.

Here's your classical for this Sunday before Christmas.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all!

I have coffee getting ready, and an apple baking in the oven. And then I will add some dates, cashews and cocoa to make a perfect treat for myself.

And I will watch some new series of Suits)

My flatmate is at her ex-boyfriend with whom she is kind of on the way of mending their relationships. Thank all the forces of the Universe for that guy - the girl managed to drive me completely crazy recently)

It's dark and gloomy outside. Wet snow. And later on I am going to out winter decorations. Yep, still haven't done it.

So so so grateful for this thread and forum.

Sometimes it seems that life tears me into peaces leaving with a feeling of nothingness and pointlessness.

But then I log on here. And read your posts. And I feel like a ship that has finally made his way to his harbor. Here she will be taken care of. Her wounds from storm will be fixed, and she will rest till another venture.

Love you all)
Old 12-21-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Oh, Mesaman, Italy!

I once spent their the whole month, and saw both Christmas and New Year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_0039.jpg (93.8 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-21-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, Blue. Ever tried microwaving an apple? Fantastic. Only takes a couple of minutes.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Nope, Trach)

I have no microwave))
Old 12-21-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

If my microwave ever breaks, I'm doomed. My microwave cooking is legend.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I can say the same about my oven)
Old 12-21-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
How was justin Timberlake, trach? I've always liked him.
Judging by the crowds reaction, it was a great performance. They had impressive production values. As I said, they moved the entire stage. Over the floor seated fans. Over them. It was trippy.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Another pic from Italy.

I was in Vatican, it was raining cats and dogs (I almost ruined my camera under the rain), but when the rain was over... Just look at this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01808_1.jpg (52.7 KB, 41 views)
Old 12-21-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Food From A Broad

One last one from Italy, given the Food Thang goin' on here...

Serious Hams curing in some Catacombs in Torino [Turin] at a 'Slow Food' Centre; cleverly named 'The Eataly'.

At You Tube, search <justin timberlake+snl> to see the hilarious Vids he's done there as a SNL Guest Host. One funny & limber Dude...

-----
Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I am checking in a bit late this morning. My husband and I were bad and decided to play more disney infinity last night after I logged off SR, which made for a late night. It was so much fun. I get to organize the basement today and do some cleaning now that I am done with classes. It feels weird to think that I'm putting them away.

Non-I just loved your share. There are some days I look at the newbies coming in and think how lucky I am to not have had to go through what some of them have gone through, nor do I wish to ever experience any of these things. Some of the stories are truly awful and scary. I am so grateful to have found SR since I don't think I would be where I am today if I hadn't found SR.

Weasel and Conquest-I hope you are feeling better soon! *hugs*

Midnightblue-*hugs*. Also thank you so much for the pictures. I hope to some day go to Italy.

Gilmer-Do they have you in the choir to add some handsomeness?

Trach-I think the Timberlake concert would have been interesting. He's a class act and one of the few people in the industry that I feel has any true talent. It sounds like you're well acquainted with chef mic(rowave), or chef mike (learned that term from watching kitchen nightmares). I remember staying at this small town in CO when I was doing this bicycle tour. We went there for dinner since it was close to our hotel. I remember hearing them putting every single dish into the microwave that they were serving. My husband and I were snickering about Chef Mike having to work hard that night. Not surprisingly, the food was abysmal.

KTWsober-I am glad you had a great night and had fun!

I hope everyone is having a great sober Sunday!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Back from a nice walk in the woods with my second son (age 21). Glad he dragged me out. I always like it when I am out there, but for some reason I need a push to get me out the door to do it. Inertia or some such thing.

I think I'll make some chili and get ready for football. It's week 15 and the Browns aren't mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet! That usually happens around week 8, so it's a good year!

Keep those colds and flus away from me, please! I am a whiny little baby when I am sick. Get well soon!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, Mesa...my grandfather had a curing house like that. That ham was u n b e l i e v a b l e
Old 12-21-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Beautiful pictures MB. Good to see you!

And Nons, the woods can be incredibly healing. And if there's a Creek nearby, you wouldn't be able to rip me out of there for a while.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Gilmer-Do they have you in the choir to add some handsomeness?
Ha, ha, Strategery! I'm a woman! People in choirs don't know what to make of me. I'm neither fish nor fowl. My voice is low, but it's not masculine. It's got a lot of volume when needed. I'm good with choirs and as a song leader (staying strong and true so people can follow the tune). I sing comfortably from lower C in the bass clef to F above middle C in the treble. Absolutely nothing above that!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

afternoon, when mrs. got home she declared two problems, 1) the tire low pressure light is on, 2) I need to take something to work tonight - fruit dish. She went off to bed.
I took a nap and got about 3 hours on the couch. Sister text - here at 3. She 'doesn't like deer meat'. She made sure to remind me of that a few days ago. Unless it hidden in something. Well hello store bought 'talian sausage that's gonna mix with my burger. I have my own frozen bell pepps and not too frozen purple onions in the dirt. Picked a fresh 'talin loaf yesterday and gonna garlicize it. basketti for dinner. ensalada
I didn't plan to go to store today, but tire check, some more fruit for a covered dish and some cold air in the lungs.
All of my pics from Italy and France are prints - It's on my long list to get them digitized - at least they invented color film by that time.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday sober friends.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

oh yeah, Gilmer when I was in the choir about 12 years ago, 2 men, 8 or nine wimmink,
I was bass, other guy was tenor, 4 alto, 4 soprano, sometimes more or less, but it was always just us two guys - we blew them away sound wise from the balcony in back, out of site to the congregation for the middle mass - the BIG choir did the 11 o'clock up front. People were amazed when they found out what the choir consisted of. Couldn't believe how we filled that room - no mics.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Oh the excitement!..went to the shop to get a few things and they had a new flavour of Ben and Jerry's that I had never tried before, so naturally it was added to the basket...yummy flavour called "Satisfy My Bowl - Banana Ice-Cream with Caramel and Cookie Swirls and Chocolatey Peace Signs"...so good...

Hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday!
Old 12-21-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ta Da!

My best double post yet... with a twist!

Why did I choose to clear the first one and not the second?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

OK... back to bed... these cats are in for a rude awakening when they realize daddy is coming to nap and watch TV in "their" space. hmmm