Notices

Feeling off

Old 12-17-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling off

Today was the first day in the 16 days I've been sober that I actually was so close to drinking. I had my road test for my class 7 today. I failed and when she told me I failed I think I found my biggest trigger.

It's reaction and failure. I felt so emotional and reckless after. I wanted to go out and get drunk and forget about this day. Thankfully I didn't have much time to sit in self pity because I had to get to my son's christmas concert and be the good supportive mother I know I am. But man was it hard to try and handle today when I just wanted to drink so bad. I'm still an emotional wreck. The kids are in bed and I'm laying on the couch in the dark. I guess I'm just sad.

Thankful to be sober at this moment and thankful I can come on here and talk about how I felt about this day. Longest day ever. Still kicken though.

-Hailz.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

Stay strong. Like many of the posts I've seen on here, and I agree with, take it one day at a time. When you wake up tomorrow sober, you'll feel so much better knowing that you beat the urge to drink. After a bad day, a good nights sleep is really the best medicine. As far as your trigger, maybe finding a better way to cope with the stress? I'm no psych, but I like to listen to calming music and take deep breaths. It calms me and helps me focus on what I can do next time to be better.

Well done on 16 days! Stay strong.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on 16 days! That's terrific. I'm sorry you didn't pass the test. I hate when stuff like that happens. It's okay to be sad over it but if you know what didn't go right this time you will be that much more prepared for the next time. Drinking won't make it any easier or change the outcome. When I get that stressed sometimes I just cry and get it out. I come on here and read. I eat ice cream when I have an urge. It passes.

So hang in there. Well done on not surrendering.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by hailzmagailz View Post
Today was the first day in the 16 days I've been sober that I actually was so close to drinking. I had my road test for my class 7 today. I failed and when she told me I failed I think I found my biggest trigger.

It's reaction and failure. I felt so emotional and reckless after. I wanted to go out and get drunk and forget about this day. Thankfully I didn't have much time to sit in self pity because I had to get to my son's christmas concert and be the good supportive mother I know I am. But man was it hard to try and handle today when I just wanted to drink so bad. I'm still an emotional wreck. The kids are in bed and I'm laying on the couch in the dark. I guess I'm just sad.

Thankful to be sober at this moment and thankful I can come on here and talk about how I felt about this day. Longest day ever. Still kicken though.

-Hailz.
Hailz well done on day 16 sorry today was hard i just want you to know that last paragraph was awesome

Thank you and i hope you have a nice reenergising rest
Old 12-18-2014, 12:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You made it through the day, well done on 16 days!

Stay strong.

L x
Old 12-18-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

It's not so much what happens as how we deal with it. I know exactly what you mean by emotional and reckless, I can relate to that so much.

Well done for staying strong.

16 days is amazing