Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I drank wine in 2nd trimester, did anyone drink during pregnancy & baby was healthy

Notices

I drank wine in 2nd trimester, did anyone drink during pregnancy & baby was healthy

Old 01-08-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

First trimester is the telling. As the tube is being created etc. how can u be 6 months pregnant and not know. I knew at 6 weeks ?
Old 01-08-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
~sb

Not everyone knows as they don't get any telling symptoms and can still have monthly bleeding.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sorry but at even 3 months you would feel the baby move and see a bump. I carried small also but knew
Old 01-08-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by savarna View Post
Sorry but at even 3 months you would feel the baby move and see a bump. I carried small also but knew
that's you.
I know a few women who had no idea until 5 or 6 months.
EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
~sb

Let's not get away from the OP.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

exactly!
Old 01-08-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Scal, sorry you have to go through this worry. I do remember my doctor told a glass of wine daily was fine, but I abstained. At any rate, you can't change the past. Live as best you can now and take life as it comes. Best of luck and health to you and your baby.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Ok sorry just seems strange to me. Anyhow foetuses are very robust and usually are born ok no matter the situation. I actually know a lady who took heroin while (knowingly) pregnant and her baby was fine. No withdraws or anything.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I don't think opiates are as aggressive to the fetus as alcohol and cigarettes can be.

But I do agree that OP's baby in all likelihood is fine, especially now that she is abstinent. Keep us posted Scal88.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the information we have in our Women's Forum Sticky. It's from the Mayo Clinic:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-syndrome.html
Old 01-09-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I understand I won't know intell birth but I'm asking mothers whom actually struggle with alcoholism to help me rule out my possibilities. Some women have blessed me with honesty. Just as I hope I can share my story. I believe all is fine! Baby feels so active and healthy. Dr wanted to induce me on Monday I refused and may go ahead with it on the 16th. I will keep everyone posted. Some people can be so harsh as to the women who asked how I did not know well my dr explained I have an anterior placenta . The baby was in my back and I carry small , I had bleeding and i did same with my first. Btw didn't know with her till 5 months!!! I have always had irregular periods since she was born and havnt even had a pregnancy scare for 7 years. I truly don't believe that my child will struggle with disabilities and I pray to God she dosnt!!! I honestly would have a hard time forgiving myself for that. Sad part is I didn't know.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Jupiters

Did these women drink or smoke before finding out ? Yes I know I'm not the only one there's lots of mom who have had this happen. Google it! My hairdresser about killed me when she told me she drank, smoked and smoked weed and her daughter is just fine. It blew my mind!!! I asked her if she was kidding she said nope! Put it in a perspective that people have done worse then I!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm sure your baby is fine scal88 be positive sweety. God bless
Old 01-09-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks lady
Old 01-09-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Just don't drink now.....
Old 01-10-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Havnt had anything to drink for 3 months
Old 01-10-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I deliberately didn't read this whole thread... just your OP. I'm an old gal and had both my kids before any of the new cautions against drinking while pregnant started... that's why. I don't know what's there but reading may have stopped me from answering candidly or at all.

I smoked and drank through my entire pregnancy with both kids. Both are physically fit college graduates in their 40s now. None of us can give medical advice so I'm sure not saying its alright to do either while pregnant. I'm just saying that neither affected my kids. I will add, however, that I was not a daily drinker in those days... my disease had not progressed to that point yet. I drank more than a "social drinker" but not as much as the drunk I became later.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

The only thing that concerns me Scal is that you've asked for advice then dodged and ignored all of the advice (and follow up questions) to be honest with your doctor. I

I think you came here to hear stories of people who did worse to make yourself feel better, but that doesn't give you the answers you're looking for. Your head is still in the sand. Talk to your doctor, especially with labor being imminent. Do it for the baby.

My mom did drugs and drank while pregnant with me and I am fine. But learning about this later in life I wanted to know why I wasnt worth stopping for. If you're not willing to ask your doctor the hard questions now, how will you be able to answer for them later in the worst case scenario?

Best wishes for a safe and easy labor and healthy baby girl!
Old 01-10-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

@kimmlynn advice is good and great but I don't need advice, I have not drank since I found out. I need support. Because I didn't do it knowingly. I wouldn't drink knowingly pregnant. How have I dodged advice? I'm not drinking. I asked a honest question while giving and honest personal story. Did anyone drink unknowingly or knowingly pregnant and everything was ok. I am worried. Most my conversations have been pm to avoid rude comments. I've been on other sites and they tore me apart. This was the best site by far I could have gone to. I'm am so glad to have gotten the relief of knowing I am not alone and surely this can't only be happening to me. This has made me less afraid and confident that all is fine. Dr plans to induce me on the 16th I'll keep everyone informed. @turtle82 my grandfather said the same about his time it was commen to do so when his mom conceived.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Scal, this is a very difficult topic for most people and for most of us here.

The bottom line is that no one can assure you that your baby will be fine. You won't know this until the baby is born and even then, you won't know for sure if problems are present. Did you read the link I posted with that information? I agree strongly, that you should tell you dr the truth, so he can act accordingly.

I wish you all the best and I hope you come back and let us know when your baby arrives.