Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I drank wine in 2nd trimester, did anyone drink during pregnancy & baby was healthy

Notices

I drank wine in 2nd trimester, did anyone drink during pregnancy & baby was healthy

Old 01-10-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I have already told my dr . I'm not sure why you think I havnt. He said there is no way to know. His mom drank with him and he grew up in Mexico. Also his daughter smoked during her pregnancy. He urged her not to and all is fine. He doubts there's anything wrong. All tests are normal ! He said what's done is done and no way to tell. But growth is all normal all seems ok
Old 01-10-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Exclamation Anna

@anna I have read that all before. I wouldn't be worried if I hadnt. Thank you for the article .

I'll put my two cents in on the subject. I am under the impression that people do all kinds of things knowingly pregnant! But how can I be certain my child is going to be okay? All I can do is pray im pretty sure gods got my back. I don't wish this on anyone
Old 01-10-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

@newhope01 .... I don't agree that opiates arnt as harmful. I personally think they are worse. Do you not see what heroine dos to people imagine what it dos to a baby inside your body... in the amounts its taken. There's no moderation in those dosages. It must affect the brain as well. Essentialy making the baby high! That's a horrible thing to imagine so is drinking to get drunk. My mother told me the vaccines we put in our body, is worse the alcohol or the cold medicines, preservatives , all of that is chemicals. There are chemicals in the air, our food, everywhere !!! Babies have to be reseilient ... Or else we wouldn't be here half of us wouldn't be normal.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I haven't read this whole thread but I drank a couple of beers every few days with both my kids (I know not good but I couldn't seem to let it go) and they are fine. I also freaked out and started reading extensively on alcohol effects on unborn babies and what I found out was that you would have to be pretty trashed a lot of the time for your child to develop FAS. I have seen this happen first hand and the affects on the child were devastating. This mother drank at least half a carton a day.
Both my children are happy and too smart for their own good!
When I found out I was pregnant with my first child at about 2 months I told two different doctors I had done cocaine, ecstasy speed and drank a hell of a lot as I didn't know I was pregnant. They both were not worried about it in the slightest.
I'm not saying go ahead and drink, I'm just relaying my experiences.

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-10-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

@ting it happens to the best of us I imagine you were scared. I have been to much of my pregnancy. There were that I know of 6 solid months through out I had no consumption of anything thank God I wasn't drinking heavy before the second trimester on top of it id be even more worried coz I heard first is the most important. I wish I would have known early on! Nothing I can do but trust all is fine I wasn't Drinking like a lot or over doing it it was twice a week each day two glasses. And sometimes instead of wine it was a beer . I'm glad you can report you have healthy children good to hear!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Honestly Scal I would try not to worry about it and instead spend time with your thoughts making positive affirmations like, " my baby is happy and healthy".

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-10-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I most definitely will
Originally Posted by ting View Post
Honestly Scal I would try not to worry about it and instead spend time with your thoughts making positive affirmations like, " my baby is happy and healthy".

Old 01-11-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you didn't tell your doctor because these are your words in an earlier post on this thread:

Less terrified if i were in your shoes at that time. "I won't tell doc becuase I'm afraid of being judged.'
Old 01-11-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I ended up telling my dr about it. He assured me all should be fine.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Then, that's great.

Good luck with your delivery and I hope that you can let us know when the baby arrives.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Then, that's great.

Good luck with your delivery and I hope that you can let us know when the baby arrives.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Scal, I just saw a few posts asking if you told your doctor that were never answered which made it appear you dodged that question. And as Ann said you stated you didn't want to tell him. This is a supportive place free from judgement butt that doesn't mean all responses are sugar coated. Again, best of luck for a safe and easy delivery and healthy baby.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

The doctor will know if anything is wrong with the baby so I don't know why she would have to say anything unless it arises. Good luck sweet all will be fine
Old 01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

My fear was that I would be milked by a false diagnoses when the baby is born. I will be honest with you I am a medical biller and my beliefs on a lot of things drs do are a lot different then the average . In school I learned about psychiatry and adhd and add and dyslexia you name it. Well the drs will tell you things that are not accurate that's why you always get a second opinion and you do your research for instance there are in fact left side brain learners and right side brain learners there are also whole brain learners. Regardless of being healthy during pregnancy or not so much , the women who dos everything right. The reason for this is becuase our brains are all different one might be a hands on Learner and one might not. You must be very careful with diagnosis. I was told when I was in 1st grade that I would need to be held back my mom refused put me in another school come to find out I was not add. I just didn't want to learn anything I didn't like. Drs put children on drugs becuase of those diagnosis and unfortunately make
Money off of you. Now my dr could turn around and tell me my child has FAS simply because I told him but if he's an honest guy maybe not .
Old 01-11-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Here's what I do know. My child has healthy measurments, heart beats strong, moves strongly in the womb and the 3d ultras show no deformities. I would have had to drink a hell of a lot to cause that. Wether her brain is affected or not I won't know till after birth. But I do know what kind of learners run in my family. My mom carried twins before she found out they were twins she cried for an entire weekend becuase a dr told her that the baby had down syndrome come to find out the following Monday it was becuase she was having twins. She was confused becuase Down syndrome dosnt run in either and neither of them was a carrier. So the dr asked her if she drank or smoked and told her that was why! That dr felt horrible for Miss diagnosing my mom. I can't and wont sugar coat it. I know what's been done I can not change even though I wish I could have known sooner. My heart hurts that I even by the smallest chances harmed my child. But maybe I didn't! Maybe she's fine. I hope after she's born I will be able to tell my story to many other women who have or will go through what I've gone through and most of all I hope my daughter will be 100% healthy
Old 01-11-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

You will be fine 3d ultrasounds are very accurate. Just chill sweety
Old 01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks savarna and all you lovely ladies !!!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

It's the 16th! Sending magic ju ju baby dust (or whatever you want it to be) for you and the babes!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Kim im going to be induced in a few hours. Thanks girl!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

good luck today Scal88
sending you positive vibes!!!!