Notices

December is a ridiculous month to stop drinking!

Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Like I said - I was just trying to convey the arguments I'v got going on in my head - it might have been a bit tongue in cheek and a poor attempt at British humour........

My intention was never to offend, Oklabh.

And I posted in the newcomers section because I am one.......

and yes......I am dealing with my AV any way I can - but mostly with the help of this forum.
I'm only too familiar Hendrix (nice Martin by the way) - I'll be doing my best to encourage my AV to go and play with the traffic when he inevitably turns up! Day 2 and feeling good right now...
Old 12-02-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

wow Hendrix, this thread is racking up the miles. Good job.

The AV is a powerful enemy sometimes. I can equate it to deer hunting as an analogy. As long as you see them first, you have a good chance at success. But if they sneak up on you and you don't see them, you are in trouble. Always be on the lookout for it.

I'll add that one thing Pennsylvania is famous for is Martin Guitars are made just up the road from me. And me of course.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

[QUOTE=WordsAndMusic78;5052212nice Martin by the way[/QUOTE]

Good spot mate! I've always wanted one and treated myself about 12 years ago- it's a J-15. I chose the pic as now I don't drink (I love saying that) I can be as good a guitarist as I choose to be

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post

I'll add that one thing Pennsylvania is famous for is Martin Guitars are made just up the road from me. And me of course.
The Martin guitar factory is on my top 3 list of places to visit if I ever go to America LBrain. If Americans do one thing well, it's make guitars. My other prized possession is a Rickenbacker 360-12

Maybe now I never drink (there I go again!) I should save up the money to make that trip.........
Old 12-02-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
The AV is a powerful enemy sometimes. I can equate it to deer hunting as an analogy. As long as you see them first, you have a good chance at success. But if they sneak up on you and you don't see them, you are in trouble. Always be on the lookout for it.
Oh and, as a vegetarian of over 30 years (although I've every respect for those that can kill their own food. It's because I can't that I chose not to eat meat) I'll take your deer hunting analogy and replace 'deer' with 'zombie' if that's ok with you Lbrain. That works for me
Old 12-02-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Martin does a great tour. There is also a small TV station - PCN - that goes to lot of places and broadcasts specials, they did one at Martin not too long ago but I couldn't find it quickly.
And they'll (PCN) tell you everything you want to know about pretzels too.
Check out Martin's web site.
And don't drink.

Yeah, it works for zombies too!

Last edited by LBrain; 12-02-2014 at 04:44 AM. Reason: zombies
Old 12-02-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hendrix.jpg (21.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 12-02-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

THAT'S HIM THAT'S HIM!!!!!!

You see him too????!!!!!????
Old 12-02-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Good spot mate! I've always wanted one and treated myself about 12 years ago- it's a J-15. I chose the pic as now I don't drink (I love saying that) I can be as good a guitarist as I choose to be

The Martin guitar factory is on my top 3 list of places to visit if I ever go to America LBrain. If Americans do one thing well, it's make guitars. My other prized possession is a Rickenbacker 360-12

Maybe now I never drink (there I go again!) I should save up the money to make that trip.........
Yeah - lovely guitars, I've got a nice 00016GT, picked it up today and immediately noticed I played better, only makes sense I suppose...

I went to Nashville a couple of years ago - dangerous place with a credit card and a guitar obsession...