Notices

I failed

Old 11-29-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=matilda123;5046914]
Originally Posted by twentyfive View Post
You know, you did have those 89 days. So yeah, "officially" you're back on day one, but not on square one. You have the experience of 89 days now.

I like what twenty-five says here! You have 89 days of sobriety, and that is a major accomplishment. You can do it!
I like that. Saying that you are back to day one, but not square one
Old 11-29-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Failures a harsh word good for beating yourself up with

The most you should cop to is being underprepared fopr the challenges of a continuing sober life..

you can fix that now, Alynn

D
Old 11-29-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I know the feeling. Alcoholism just waits until you are comfortable to strike. I remember being sober for along time and I was all proud of my accomplishments. Then out of the middle of no where a girl gave me a shot at a work event that we all celebrates. People were telling me how I need to have fun. So I took a shot one thing led to the next and that was the end of my career, my family, and my life. I went to the ER a bunch. Spent many years not showering or getting a job. It started by a shot. I had to really need go to AA every day and make sobriety my life. Little by little I got my job back and my clothes washed and I shaved. It took day in and day out work.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by Alynn View Post
I should have just came here first. I didn't log on much this week. Going to make sure I stay close SR.
Now ya know what to do next time AV comes chattering. That is what it is all above learning and getting back up
Old 11-29-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

You only fail if you don't get up again. This is your new day one, good for you. What will you do differently this time?
Old 11-29-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alynn - It sounds like you learned something valuable. I had to have it happen a few times until I finally got it. I also didn't give it much thought the times I caved. Then I learned to come here and talk things over before I was going to be faced with temptation. You will do this!

SquarE - Welcome to you. You may want to visit our 'Friends and Family' forums too. Sometimes people in rehab aren't allowed to make phone calls. I'm sorry for what you're going through - hope it'll help to be here.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Inspirational

Noticed these quotes while reading this thread. They are all so inspirational. Thank you.

Expect the dawn of a new beginning in the dark nights of your life. Lloyd Ogilvie

Rock bottom is the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. J.K. Rowling

You are so much more than the worst thing you've ever done. Fr. Greg Boyle
Old 11-29-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

WOW! 89 DAYS, thank you for being brave and telling us all what happened. that took a lot of courage.

just dust off your knees and press on!!