Notices

I need help

Old 11-21-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by twentyfive View Post
Is there any hope?
Yes, there is hope. A lot of it!!!! You found this site, and that is a great beginning. Post as much as you need. There are many caring people here to help. John
Old 11-21-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi twentyfive

you've found a great place for help and healing..and hope too.
Tommorrow, instead of drinking again, maybe log in here instead, read and post as much as you like.

We can get you through day one

D
Old 11-21-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you're here, Welcome!!!

Hop aboard the sober train.....All aboard!

Keep coming back!

FlyN
Old 11-21-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow morning. And if it is hard,just look here. Make sure you get up and drink some water. Then take a shower and drink some more water. Make a light but healthy breakfast. For some reason eggs over easy helps me the day after. Then get outside to take a walk, and drink some more water. This day after will all be about hydrating and staying sober. I highly recommend some Pedialyte, or baby liquid drink that helps then when they have vomiting and diarrhea. Just keep hydrated and stay positive.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We look forward to seeing you tomorrow twentyfive. Never give up on a better life for yourself. You can do this.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Twentyfive, I hope you decide to check in tomorrow morning. We have all been where you're at and can help. There are lots of very caring, very intelligent ones on here in all stages of recovery and many just like you trying to take that first step.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sober

Wow, ok, here goes...

Thanks for all the kind replies. I looked back at what I wrote and feel embarrassed. I can't remember writing much of it. And how I managed to spell so poorly, well, I was very drunk.

Today I managed to get out of bed around 3 PM. Normally I would grab a beer right away. Now I didn't. Bad memories are coming back and I feel very anxious. Actually scared.

I need to go and clear my head. Take a shower, get some groceries and see how it goes.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Stay close to SR twentyfive. We're here for you.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm rooting for you twentyfive; so glad you posted. A lot of us drink to try to cover up trauma It can (sort of) work to begin with, but in the end drinking for me just amplified and prolonged my trauma. I can't tell you freeing it is, to throw the demon drink off your back. We're all here to support you.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sober

Ok, I'm drinking again. ****. I had a panic attack when the trauma surfaced and out of nowhere started crying. I never cry. Couldn't resist a beer. And one leads to... well you know how it works.

I'm fairly sober still, but I know I'll end up blacking out again. All I need is to know how to do it right tomorrow.

P.S. I'll probably stay logged in but won't post again until tomorrow. I need to sort things out mentally.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I had the same issues when I realized I needed to put the bottle down. What u need to do is go lay down and sleep it off and put a reminder to come back here as well as call an AA hotline. And msg me if u want brother plus I have Skype for face to face support.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Okay. When you take away alcohol, for a while your brain is at high alert. The bad stuff will seem worse than it is. The longer you can stay away from alcohol, the less anxiety and bad memories you will suffer.

It's a trick the drink plays on you. It is a physical problem. It will get better when you don't drink, but you have to get through the first few days.

Your trauma? It is over. You are safe, aren't you? You cannot change the past, but it is over. Start to move forward and this will all work out.

Please throw out your remaining alcohol. You have to start somewhere.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Your in for a real battle twenty five, but it can be won. The people on this site are proof of that!! Everybody here has gone through what you are going through, so they understand. No one is going to judge you if you are still drinking, so I really hope you keep posting, whether you are drinking or not. Your struggle is much easier if you stay connected with people. The only thing important is that you realize you have a problem and that you are trying. Hope to hear from you real soon. John
Old 11-22-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I've been throuthrough war were I lost all my close friends in firefights as well as had my first wife take my child from me due to drinking as well as found I hadon't large amounts of liver damage. Just hope you can respond back today just as much as we responded to you in a high rate today.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober

Thanks everyone. I'm just going to quit and face the demons. But I'm drinking now and I just can't stop doing it. I want to but I'm powerless. So I guess tomorrow would be the day I don't start every again.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by twentyfive View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm just going to quit and face the demons. But I'm drinking now and I just can't stop doing it. I want to but I'm powerless. So I guess tomorrow would be the day I don't start every again.
You can stop.

Pour it out now.

I've done it. It can be done.

You are not powerless.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ya don't have to wait until tomorrow but to quit is on your time.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sober

Just stopped. Going to bed to prevent getting new beer.

Thanks a lot for the motivation!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Anytime come back when your ready to talk my friend.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you could use some outside help to come to terms with your trauma, twentyfive. Have you tried seeing a Dr about it? I never liked counselling (maybe I never found the right counsellor), but I find anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication has helped stabilise me a lot, which has really helped me get sober.

While you continue to drink, you are locking yourself in a room with your trauma, and inadvertantly perpetuating it. The first week is always the hardest, but once you make that decision, everything can and will get better.

Huge WELL DONE for stopping and heading to bed