Notices

Stay Sober Weekender Thread! BOO! Oct 31-Nov 2

Old 10-30-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm in.xx
Old 10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

OK!!!! The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is on!!! What and awesome Halloween eve this is turning out to be!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm watching it too Weasel!

Hey, sober weekenders! Who wants to trade candy? I'll give you all of my snickers bars for your Reece's cups.

~~~Happy Halloween Eve~~~
Old 10-30-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, our show's on! Mom is on CBS. The show started with Anna Farris having drinking dreams.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Deffo gonna be sober. Driving the family to the SeaLife centre for a visit at Loch Lomond. Just hope the weather is better,
Old 10-30-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Dem Bones

Below is a find of this morning while taking the Pooch on 'Poop Patrol'. Coyotes or a Mountain Lion got Bambi. Ma Nature balancing things out. I thought it had a sort of Halloween feel to it. I'm overdue to hike the Joint and find the ever-present Antler Sheds to augment our Fall Decor.

Nuffin' says Halloween like Black Leather and Eye Liner, eh?

Music Video Link

'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap' ~ Joan Jett

-----
Old 10-30-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Hey, our show's on! Mom is on CBS. The show started with Anna Farris having drinking dreams.
Love that show! She plays a recovering alcoholic.
Just saying goodnight to all my weekenders.

Sleep tight my friends
Old 10-30-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by plansimake View Post
I'm in ... scary to have my first sober weekend a holiday weekend
Stay close we are all here for you.

You CAN make this a sober holiday weekend
Old 10-30-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Cat Lady Extraordinaire

had group tonight, between 6 people we went through 4 pots of coffee and a massive plate of halloween cookies.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Bú!

Dia de los Muertos is the big holiday here, that's on Saturday. I'll be out and about, I guess a lot of the action takes place in cemeteries. Not really sure I want to intrude on anyone, so I'm not bringing a camera - going to have my local lady friend show me around and just observe.

Not much new here. Had a 30-minute business call with a client in Ecuador today, all in Spanish. I did pretty well and only struggled a little but got back on track. By the end of the call, I had an invite to Ecuador so I guess I did okay!

Yesterday I told my friend the REAL reason I don't want to spend time at weekend parties and bars. We've known each other a few months and it was time to spill the beans. She said to me: "I'm not shocked. I'm a woman, I could have guessed." She reassured me that it was no big deal, and that she was cool with it, and that was the end of the conversation.

Glad to see everyone on the board! I'm feeling peaceful, relaxed, and looking forward to a good night's sleep.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good evening! Sitting here not watching television or my son will be out of bed and sitting in here faster than I can say "out of bed." My weekend officially started at 5:00 as I am taking tomorrow off to take the kids trick or treating. At 2:00 they are having a costume parade at school so I'm going to watch that too. See the kids with the actually creative costumes as opposed to the ones my kids chose. Refuse to wear home made costumes. My daughter will at some point want to make her own, I'm sure. Son? Maybe.

In between the Halloween festivities I plan to meet a friend for a 10:30 AA meeting. Then maybe some Home Depot is in store. I need an oil change on my car. And then there are those two pumpkins that I didn't carve. The weather is supposed to be atrocious for any outdoor stuff. Low 40s, up to fifty mile per hour winds with a chance of snow. If no snow, then I'm sure cold pelting rain will feel awesome!

Weasel, sorry your dinner was a bust. I look at ads for these exciting and adventurous places and think " why?" There was an ad in the elevator at work for some new place that had pollen, begonias, and some other head scratching ingredients on the menu. I'd rather save my money for something else. An ice cream sandwich sounds better than pollen any day. Unless you're a bee. I guess I am officially not a foodie. Maybe the wine lists are so impressive at these places with the thought that drunken patrons will like eating pollen and begonias.

I have a cold and am tired so pardon my rant. Guess I'm feeling a bit silly. But silly is good.

BigS, the cemetery trip sounds like it will be interesting. I visited some cemeteries in New Mexico a while back and it was far different than what I was used to seeing. Charlee, sorry Finn is gnawing things. Hopefully he will grow out of it. My stupid cats delight in shredding my furniture still. Hence the shabby chairs from last week. I love them despite their bad habits.

I think it's time for bed. The only Halloween party I was invited to I can't attend but it will be alcohol free as the hostess is another AA member. Sober people can have alcohol free parties and still have fun. Just remember, sober doesn't have to be boring. A train must be going by as it feels like an earthquake. House is shaking. I just started noticing that in the past month and I've lived here 14 years.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
now's the time

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Incidentally, Fantail--congratulations on your victorious Giants!
Thank you!! SF was quite rowdy last night.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Loch Lomond sounds great Kevin , i hope you all have a good time , somewhere i really want to visit .

BigS , mex-m8 really liked the fact i was sober , He seems kinda non-plussed by alcohol naturally … and then with meeting people he found quite a lot of them were on drink or drugs .
i was a refreshing change , someone who actually did things not involving bars … someone who didn't have odd mood swings of up's and downs .

Friday morning here … Lets get through till bedtime .. onwards ..

Take care , m
Old 10-30-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Late to the party, but count me in!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi everyone Happy Halloween
On my own with my son all weekend as husband working 12 hour shifts. On Day 2 alcohol free and feeling knackered and getting the sweats yuck.
Hope everyone has a great and sober weekend
Old 10-30-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm in. Having an Ebay weekend. Loads to list for the Christmas stock starting (sorry to mention Christmas) Anyway, have a good and sober weekend everyone x
Old 10-31-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Im in!

I realized this will be the first time I have been home on Halloween in five years. I'm very excited about it.
I was always either working or at someones party.

I'm even going to attempt to mutilate…er, carve a pumpkin!

But in case I get lonely, I am going to keep SR up on my computer all night.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy Halloween everyone!

Day off work. Not much planned but lots to do.

Had a drinking dream this past week. Odd for me. So that's two. A craving about crack earlier and a dream. AV is trying to rise from the dead like a zombie. But I squashed him and he made one of those disgusting mushy sounds!

A big welcome to the new folks that are joining us this weekend. If you are lurking welcome as well. We typically get about 3000 views a weekend so I suspect we have some lurkers! Everyone in all forms is welcome at any time!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-FMf8ltkCgM

I'm watching The Worst Witch with my coffee. LOL! Anyone else grow up with this gem of a movie? I highly recommend it.

You'll all be in my pocket as I celebrate tonight. Keep it safe and sober, friends!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Today is a busy day.

I'm on my way to coffee with an old friend; then I have some admin work to do; then I have to get started on my new class; then I serve pizza to my youngest son and his marching band.

Then I come home and hand out Halloween candy. Although I can no longer fit in my fancy dress, I can still wear my Marie Antoinette wig!